Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Serious Stones News
Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:15

As mentioned here before, I work in the music business and have some reliable source and just got an email a minute ago from one of my contacts stating that, and don't get your hopes up too high but at least it's a start, the Stones are having a meeting later this months discussing their future plans including the possibilities of an album and following tour next year!

Re: Serious Stones News
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:16

Something's better than nothing. Thanks!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:19

Thanks,keep us informed,Susi...winking smiley

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:49

Thanks.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:52

It is not much, but it sounds good. Thanks

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 13, 2010 13:56

A new album is included in the deal with Universal, and also included in Universals budget.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 13, 2010 16:23

I read in the Rocks Off spanish forum that Keith said in an interview that the new Deluxe is going to be Some Girls:
"With the epic Exile project behind them, the Stones revealed which album they'd like to tackle next for a deluxe reissue: 1978's Some Girls. "I don't really want to play around with it too much," Richards said, "but if we can retain the basic sound and feel of it…" Was confirmed leftovers do indeed exist from those sessions. "There's a lot from the Some Girls and Emotional Rescue period," he said. "There are eight or nine really good songs that don't go on the album each time for some reason — maybe there's too many ballads or something like that. But they could make a lot of albums from unused material." If he had his way, Was would gather up Stones leftovers for a series of LPs. "I don't know if it's got to be linked to a specific album — It doesn't have to be for musicologists," he said. "Maybe you just put 10 great songs together from a long time ago, like [the rarity] 'Give Me a Hamburger,' which was recorded a little to early to make the new Exile. You could do 10 albums like that, easy.""

Date: July 13, 2010 16:29

Thee are excerpts from press interview for exile release! Lining up 10 albums were Don's words and they just refered to this fruitfull period in Paris in the mid-late 70's not to specific albums! I have the press promo DVD with the interviews and these are the exact words! :-)

Linked to an album like Exile sucks, in my humble opinion. So we have to buy certain albums AAGAIN? Just for the bonus tracks?? So we have the original LP's, CD's, then the Virgin remasters, the album sleeves, the new remasters and then the new remasters with bonusdiscs.........angry smiley

Posted by: bolexman ()
Date: July 13, 2010 16:33

I believe this is known in the music business as "value-adding".
With most people downloading music for free these days... So to sell old albums they make you buy it to have the unreleased stuff.
Or the weird "fan packs" with tshirts and fake tickets.
It must be hard work trying to sell CDs these days.
But AC/DC (for one example) have proved you can sell a simple CD in truckloads if your product is good.

Date: July 13, 2010 16:39

AC/DC had a wallmart deal which did them good business. So did journey, to their standards but KISS for example didn't even sell half a million copies through Wallmart and now selling at 5.99 for a 2Cd and 1DVd pack, a shame but the music business is dead i am afraid!

Date: July 13, 2010 16:47

Yeah... we heard about that Walmart deal down here in Australia (we don't have Walmart here)... It sounded crazy, like a whole section of teh Walmart shop was dedicated to AC/DC and turned into AC/DC Land or something? Hardcore!

My understanding, and correct if I am wrong, is that the last sure way to earn a dollar in the music industry these days is through song publishing. For example, if you make a movie or TV show and you want to use a song, record companies will be keen to charge top dollar because that is one of the few places to get any honey these days. Song publishing is still considered an asset. Interesting!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 13, 2010 16:49

POSSIBLE TRANSCRIPT OF MEETING:

MJ: So, you feel like doing anything next year?
KR: No, not really.
MJ: Yeah, me neither.

Date: July 13, 2010 17:21

It appears that Mick and Don Was are very keen on doing a new Stones album. It seems the Exile mission rejuvinited them! No word on keith though but I think if Mick's enthusiastic and into Exile style Stones Keith will be glad to join him!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 13, 2010 17:29

Exile- style Stones album? you mean with Bill and Mick Taylor?

that would be good. cool smiley

Date: July 13, 2010 17:32

bolexman
With most people downloading music for free these days... So to sell old albums they make you buy it to have the unreleased stuff.

They are wrong in thinking this. In fact I will just download the unreleased stuff. Major labels do suck big time. Do they think I'm stupid? I'll tell 'em what they may kiss.

Date: July 13, 2010 17:38

Meant musically but personally I wouldn't mind seeing Bill and Mick back in "action"

Date: July 13, 2010 17:40

F.U.C. the Captain
bolexman

They are wrong in thinking this. In fact I will just download the unreleased stuff. Major labels do suck big time. Do they think I'm stupid? I'll tell 'em what they may kiss.

Hahaha. True. In fact, I did that for the new Exile stuff. Someone else can purchase that deluxe box set, I'm not going to need it

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 13, 2010 18:13

Maybe they also can make a Dirty Work Deluxe album, which in fact will be better than the first one - that is bonus track will be better than teh original track.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 13, 2010 18:19

tatters

lol was thinking something like that as well

mick-ok fellows who wants to tour?
keith- nah
ronnie- i could use the cash
charlie- i don't know
mick-let's meet again in a few months

Date: July 13, 2010 18:23

Funny. I happen to love Dirty Work, aswell as Undercover on both albums are some mean bastard songs that deserved a tour! If you want to wreck my life! go ahead my love!! Too Tough!! WOW!!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 13, 2010 18:36

yeah!! Undercover is a wacked out Exile style album,,I love it, and it really seems to be a 'cousin' of Exile..somehow. more so than Goats Head Soup imo.

Dirty Work is just too unlike the Stones, but 'Too Rude' is good..

Date: July 13, 2010 18:41

One hit? Fight? Dirty Work? Had It With You? Sleep Tonight is a beauty? It's like Jagger's solo album a bit sometimes but rawer and dirtier and I was one of those people who happen to love Jagger's solo albums, especially Wandering Spirit which was, in my opinion, together with Keith's first solo album the best STONES album since well...ages ha ha ha ha

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: July 13, 2010 18:42

if its gonna be a don was production i wont even listen to it....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 13, 2010 18:56

A tour next year is in line with all the past speculation we've heard. Let's hope it gets past the speculation stage at some point.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2010 18:59

Non-wax figures

On our web-site you will see works made in interesting and untraditional genre of wax figures. This genre has become known and popular all over the world by Madam Toussod’s museum.
However, the figures presented here in our virtual gallery are non-wax.
New technology and materials are used to produce these figures give opportunity to make them movable and do not depend on the temperature conditions and do not require constant restoring. Due to these facts it is possible to create lively images and interesting compositions which can make each interior unique and special.
All figures have natural high and are made with maximum work of details. Costumes and accessories are based on the history and correspond to age and character of a person.
Each figure is unique and are produced for the individual order.
Music included.

[www.nonwax.com.ua]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 19:27 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: July 13, 2010 19:07

ghostryder13
tatters

lol was thinking something like that as well

mick-ok fellows who wants to tour?
keith- nah
ronnie- i could use the cash
charlie- i don't know
mick-let's meet again in a few months

Great dialogue, but I believe Keith would say who wants to tour and Mick would be the one saying Nah. Keith loves touring, based on his biography I just finished reading.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: July 13, 2010 20:03

I'm not sure if you could buy just the album of unreleased music like Tattoo You, rather then having to buy
Exile and the unreleased cd together .It would sell more copies IF YOU COULD JUST BUY 1 CD....I know you could go to Target a chain store in the Usa but i'm not sure if you could buy ONLY the unreleased record alone in other stores?

Release one new cd = more sales!!

Re: Un-Serious Stones News
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 13, 2010 20:13

tatters

it might be more like...

MJ: So, how much more product should we issue & re-issue to make it look
like we're still a functioning band..until our 50th Anniversary?

KR: Huh?

MJ: There's still money to be made...and I want to stay relevant.

KR: Did someone say PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN again?

MJ: What do you think about creating cardboard cut-outs of you, Ronnie, Charlie
& Darryl..while I run around on stage and divert the crowds' attention singing to a soundtrack?

KR: Again?

MJ: Yes! L'wren says she'll only date short guys if they're in a Rock band...and
my NIKES are like stilts already!

KR: Wait...what? No wonder I've looked shorter than you since Steel Wheels.

MJ: Are THE WIGGLES available?

KR: Hey!! Who's playing guitar on these EXILE bonus tracks!?!?!

(to be continued...)

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-13 21:02 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 13, 2010 20:20

thanks susannewortmann, great newssmileys with beer

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: July 13, 2010 20:38

talk is cheap lets see action

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home