Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

We need a tour, dammit!!
Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 9, 2010 21:40

I enjoy this forum, but once in a while I get tired of reading about and discussing the same topics over and over. Aren't we waiting for a tour?? I know I am. Remember in "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" Mick said, "Come on San Francisco, let's see how you can shake your asses . . ."? Well I say, come on boys, get OFF your asses and tour!!! Nobody's getting any younger.

Re: We need a tour, dammit!!
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:07

We do, They don't. Don't get your hopes up.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:08

i don't need no more tours...they toured once too many times, already. retire and open the vaults in earnest....

Date: July 9, 2010 22:12

Yeah, my hopes definitely aren't up. Just a wish, I guess. And, I would not expect much in the way of anything different from the last couple of tours. But, as much as their shows have become trite, I would pay to see them at least one more (last) time.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:13

Dave - they need to change things up....

Like adding a old member to the lineup for a tour... guess who???

MLC

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:18

StonesTod
i don't need no more tours...they toured once too many times, already. retire and open the vaults in earnest....

I for one am glad they toured "one too many times", but agree that another (I'll add the qualifier of "large scale" ) tour does not interest me much. The Exile bonus tracks were a good start, and I too am interested in the vaults, including footage and discussion by the band of the creative process.

Date: July 9, 2010 22:19

Well, it couldn't be Brian, so that leaves . . . . . either Bill or that other guitar player, oh, what's his name??

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 9, 2010 23:15

StonesTod

They can't quit touring, because they have not yet performed in my home town Dresden, something like the only big town in Germany (500.000+ inhabitents) that has never seen a Stones concert (okay the other one is Duisburg, but they performed in nearby Oberhausen in 2003) ;-) There were strong rumours in 1995, but Leipzig "got the job" (and again in 1998, 2003 and almost in 2006).

On the other hand I was surprised in what a great shape Keith seems to be at the moment, judging from the Exile DVD interviews. Also Ronnie looks quite well, Charlie anyway, only Mick has get quite old during the last 10 or so years. I don't think they're unable to tour at all in 2013 or 2015!

A North American Tour next year is unlikely I think, because one of the other very big stadium acts (U2) will be there next year, because of the cancelled US Tour this year.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 9, 2010 23:22

YES - YES - YES

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 9, 2010 23:49

StonesTod
I totally agree that they toured one time too much, but in the end it has to be seen as an achievement that the band toured only one time to much in fortyfive years.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:15

Sure, the ROLLING STONES will tour again

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:18

I think they will def tour again and would be surprised if they did not. I cant disagree with some who feel the shows have been somewhat lacking and similar in the past couple tours but I would still pay to see the stones any day. Closing in on the 50th year of their existence I think something will go down. I wish I could have seen them back in the day but as I am too young (24) I will take what I can get. I have been lucky enough to see them twice and well damn it I need more I dont care how old they are!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:27

Michael Cohl will be happy to honor your request / demand.

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:35

I'd love to see a smaller scale tour, like theaters, maybe even clubs. I'd go see that.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:35

windmelody
StonesTod
I totally agree that they toured one time too much, but in the end it has to be seen as an achievement that the band toured only one time to much in fortyfive years.

true, not a bad ratio at all

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: July 10, 2010 04:27

We need a Tour Damn it!
I don't know how many times I have written that this past year! Way too many times I know that much!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-10 04:28 by Fredluvzstones.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 10, 2010 04:42

Why do we need a new tour? What purpose does it serve at this point? It stopped being musically interesting eons ago, and it began to verge from the entertaining to the frightening during the last tour. Why another football stadium, back-up musician-supported, barely-competent guitar playing extravaganza? Why does anyone "need" this? When will you be satisfied?

The Ya-Yas and Exile resissues were truly exciting, and as it was "new" material from some of their best periods, it was vastly superior to another lackluster album followed by lackluster stadium world tour.

If they DO embark another of these type of tours, the stage set gimmick this time should be giant vacuum cleaners, which at the end of the show (no doubt the repeated chords of JJF about 1000 times) would start sucking up every last remaining dollar from the wallets and pockets of those in the football stadiums.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-10 04:47 by 71Tele.

Date: July 10, 2010 05:35

The new Exile release is their new tour!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 10, 2010 05:56

No more tours. We've all become sports fans here. We like sports and we don't care who knows. We're all extremely busy watching other people play sports. Who needs a Stones tour when there's probably an exciting soccer game on the "telly".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-10 15:16 by tatters.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 11, 2010 17:08

& YOU need a time machine!

Posted by: RiverStone ()
Date: July 11, 2010 17:44

They can't stop touring.
A rolling Stones Tour or aparience, moves much more, than what we can imagine ¡¡
At least, I think they should make another(maybe the last) megatour, celebrating the 50 years.

PS: They Should make a DVD in Buenos Aires ¡¡¡ smileys with beer

Posted by: Ferret ()
Date: July 11, 2010 18:46

The Rolling Stones have, for all intents and purposes, split up. Bands who are together are not inactive for three years.

Posted by: Esperola ()
Date: July 11, 2010 19:11

I'm not looking forward to another tour because the ticket-prices would be sky-high and the whole event would be run by businessmen. I'm more than happy with my copy of Bruessel's Affair - the era when it was The Rolling Stones on stage and not a bloody bigband. If they just could go on tour as a rock band without Aguileras and stupid rappers and Chuck Leavell, then I'd look forward to it. Not going to happen, though...

"Rape, murder, it's just a shot away..."

Date: July 11, 2010 19:22

Stadiums, warhorses, high ticket prices... bring it on. Yeah, of course I would like an all theater/club show tour with killer set lists for $50 a ticket but that ain't going to happen. That is not the Stones way of doing things. I need a Stones tour badly I've done it before and I will do it again. There is really no substitute. I could care less if they can't play as well as they did 30 + years ago; Hell I don't have the energy I had 30+ years ago either.When they play a big live world tour they make millions of people happy (including myself) all over the world-hey that's good enough for me!

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: July 11, 2010 20:17

Would love it if they still can deliver.
But as I predicted in 2007 at the end of the last tour, that was it :-(
I think 2010 was the final chance.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 11, 2010 22:58

Whether they really should or not (they shouldn't), they have to tour. It's not about the music anymore, it's about being old old men that should be dead still "playing" music.

They have to tour.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 11, 2010 23:01

A small scale club tour while they decide what kind of tour they want to do.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:37

We need a great new legacy-sealing album more than yet another tour flogging warhorses. A tour where they actually play most of the new album would be very welcome...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:41

RiverStone
They can't stop touring.

Theyve done a pretty good imitation of it for the last three years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home