Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootlegs - any magazines, websites, or snail mail networks?
Posted by: Purplehound ()
Date: July 10, 2010 21:18

Hi, everybody!

I'm new here and found y'all because I was doing a search for "bootleg magazines" and found a thread that talked about Goldmine, Discoveries, and Record Collector.

I own a large bootleg site called The Deep Purple Hub, and while I'm pretty sure we don't have a section for the Stones, we generally keep up with the new wave of British bands that followed in the late 60's and early 70's such as, obviously, Deep Purple, as well as Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Yes, and other "classic" rock bands such as Rush, Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden, and others.

The problem is that I've just moved my website to a new domain and I'm looking to drive people to the site--people who also record, collect, trade, and share bootlegs. Therefore, I'm trying to find places in which to place ads where people that fit that specific demographic will see them.

To that end, I'm thinking about doing paid adverts in magazines, but I have no idea if these mags are still in print, if they've successfully migrated to the internet, or if they've just disappeared. I used to know of one such mag called Hotwacks, but they've moved to the internet and there's no way to contact them to ask about placing a paid ad or doing an ad swap.

Any ideas, anybody?

Cheers!

Brent

[deeppurplehub.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 01:41 by Purplehound.

Re: Are there any magazines or websites or networks re: bootlegs?
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: July 10, 2010 21:23

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com] would be my suggestion.

Re: Are there any magazines or websites or networks re: bootlegs?
Posted by: Purplehound ()
Date: July 12, 2010 01:39

Terrific! Thanks! Does anybody have any more? I figure there can't be too many of them, really.

Cheers!

B

[deeppurplehub.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-12 01:40 by Purplehound.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home