Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Happy 18th...
Date: July 2, 2010 02:35

Hey Guys!!

I've just turned 18 today!! (Well 36 minutes ago) Woo! Doesn't time fly?

Drinking & Smoking now legal (although age didn't stop me beforehand) Shh... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

smoking smileydrinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-02 02:36 by rollingstoneschick92.

Re: OT: Happy 18th...
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 2, 2010 02:52

Happy birthday, girl -- have a great 18th birthday and a really fun year to come! Your energy and contributions here are lots of fun - you're super smart and creative and I enjoy your posts.

So 18 that means you were born in 1992 - wow!!!

You don't have to answer, I'm curious in a not-unkind way, but I've wondered what it's like for you being part of a kinda community where most of the participants are men at least twice your age...and many are a good 30-40 years older than you? commenting on your photos and stuff? calling you hot?

I'm a woman too--and I have always loved music, which means lots of friends who are guys--and probably would've done the same as you at 18, if I was into music that was popular 25 years before I was born. For me, that would've been 1940s music!

What's it like for you with your peers? do they like the Stones too? do you like other music as well?

all the best - happy birthday!!
swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-02 02:53 by swiss.

Date: July 2, 2010 03:19

swiss
Happy birthday, girl -- have a great 18th birthday and a really fun year to come! Your energy and contributions here are lots of fun - you're super smart and creative and I enjoy your posts.

So 18 that means you were born in 1992 - wow!!!

You don't have to answer, I'm curious in a not-unkind way, but I've wondered what it's like for you being part of a kinda community where most of the participants are men at least twice your age...and many are a good 30-40 years older than you? commenting on your photos and stuff? calling you hot?

I'm a woman too--and I have always loved music, which means lots of friends who are guys--and probably would've done the same as you at 18, if I was into music that was popular 25 years before I was born. For me, that would've been 1940s music!

What's it like for you with your peers? do they like the Stones too? do you like other music as well?

all the best - happy birthday!!
swiss

I have no problem communicating with people twice my age (as long as they keep to themselves) although joking around doesn't bother me.

I have friends over the internet who are the same age as me and love the Stones and I've introduced them to this board aswell. However I don't have any friends where I live. And not just friends who are into the same music, I mean I don't have friends at all here.

What the other teenagers do...and they do it dangerously, doesn't interest me and I don't wish to fall into the same category. I know I'm much smarter than that.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: July 2, 2010 03:20

Hey rollingstoneschick92, happy 18th from a fellow brit!! Hope you have an amazing day!! What do you have planned? Listening to exile all the way through, drinking a bottle of jack daniels whilst listening to can't you hear me knocking on constant repeat, drinking beer and watching shine a light??

Whatever you do, hope it's a day to remember...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 2, 2010 03:29

Happy happy birthday, rollingstoneschick92.

you're a smart young woman with the right multimedia skills - keep it up & show 'em.

XXX

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 2, 2010 03:39

Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 2, 2010 03:46

>>What the other teenagers do...and they do it dangerously, doesn't interest me and I don't wish to fall into the same category.<<

Good for you! Happy Birthday !

Date: July 2, 2010 03:57

Mr Jimmy
Hey rollingstoneschick92, happy 18th from a fellow brit!! Hope you have an amazing day!! What do you have planned? Listening to exile all the way through, drinking a bottle of jack daniels whilst listening to can't you hear me knocking on constant repeat, drinking beer and watching shine a light??

Whatever you do, hope it's a day to remember...

Going out for lunch with my mum. And I think it will be the bottle of Jack for me and I might listen to the new Exile tracks, I haven't had a chance to hear. smiling smiley

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate it and love you all. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: July 2, 2010 04:01

Bless you darlin '

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 2, 2010 05:24

Hey your legal.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: July 2, 2010 05:28

VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

ENJOY!thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upsmiling bouncing smiley

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 2, 2010 11:28

Have a great birthday RSC92.
I really hope that my daughter, who's two, grows up as cool as you. I'd almost given up on teenagers digging the Stones as the group came in for so much flak during the 90s from the younger generation. I guess they've transcended that now and people respect them for still being around but also acknowledge the fact they've made some of the best rock'n'roll ever heard.

You're an inspiration. Keep on rockin'. SD

Date: July 2, 2010 11:50

Silver Dagger
Have a great birthday RSC92.
I really hope that my daughter, who's two, grows up as cool as you. I'd almost given up on teenagers digging the Stones as the group came in for so much flak during the 90s from the younger generation. I guess they've transcended that now and people respect them for still being around but also acknowledge the fact they've made some of the best rock'n'roll ever heard.

You're an inspiration. Keep on rockin'. SD

Aww, thank you so much. I'm sure she will. I'm so honored by your message to me. Not all teenagers are the same although most of them are. However you do get a few gems that break out of that stereotype and cycle.

Thank you so much. <3 xxxx

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 2, 2010 11:54

Happy Birthday rollingstoneschick92 - enjoy the JD and Exile - have a great day.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 2, 2010 11:57

Happy birthday!

Posted by: twanghound ()
Date: July 2, 2010 13:59

Happy birthday!
So you are 4 years older than my daughter - time flies.
Enjoy your lunch with your mum and later the new Exile-tracks!
And careful with that Jack...(-:
Best wishes!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 2, 2010 15:39

Happy birthday, how does it feel to be an adult? It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 2, 2010 15:46

Happy Birthday...

So 92 is your DOB, I thought you were my neighbour and you lived on one of those towns around Paris (department 92)

Anyway, have lots of fun.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2010 15:49

Happy Birthday....Hope ya got a neat present....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 2, 2010 16:15

Happy 18th birthday and hope you stay a Stones fan as long as some of us oldies have on this site from all over the world.smileys with beer

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: July 2, 2010 16:41

smileys with beer

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 2, 2010 16:52

Happy 18th, and its nice to see a younger person into the Stones!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 4, 2010 01:50

Although I´m kind of late...

Happy Birthday

Hope you had a great one and don´t mind the following clip...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 4, 2010 02:22

Happy Birthday darlin....gawd wish I was 18 again, I'd do it so very differently!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 4, 2010 02:54

Happy birthday .......chick92.........great age

Date: July 4, 2010 03:26

shortfatfanny
Although I´m kind of late...

Happy Birthday

Hope you had a great one and don´t mind the following clip...

OMG! Where did you find that clip of me? LOL!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-04 03:28 by rollingstoneschick92.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 4, 2010 11:04

Have a nice time at your gran's - she's lucky to have a granddaughter like you!
- swiss

Date: July 4, 2010 16:45

swiss
Have a nice time at your gran's - she's lucky to have a granddaughter like you!
- swiss

Aww, thank you so much! smiling smiley I will.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2262
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home