Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Should the Stones keep rolling?
Date: June 30, 2010 14:46

Should the greatest rock´n´roll band in the world tour? Of course yes.

Who cares if they aren´t as sharp as they once were? Not the average concert goer.

They still put on a great show, which is a value in itself (only dissed by extremely critical hard core fans or people that don´t like the band anyway).

So, yes, the Stones should tour. Definitely, imo.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: June 30, 2010 14:57

Well the reason why they still do it it probably because it have taken a long time to build up something like this and I think its pretty much what they live for so aslong as they do it because they WANT to, they should keep on rolling forever

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:04

As long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away ...

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:55

Yes they should record and release another new album. Why? Because it's what they do. They did dare making rock'n'roll music past age 40, past 50, past 60, so there is no need to get reluctant now anymore.

They are all great players - and even if their fitness might not enable them to play equally well at all shows of a tour, they can always get the best sounding results in a studio setting and put these on a CD.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 30, 2010 17:31

what the hell else would they do? it seems like it is the only consistent in their lives collectively, and the only thing that keeps some of them alive.

we've have a great arrangement over the past few years, they put out anything they want music/video/tours, Superb or Horrible, and we buy/think about/discuss every nuance.

if they stopped rolling, what the hell would WE DO?!?!

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: June 30, 2010 18:10

Silly question...So many other great artists keep going until they croak, why would this even come up as an issue in the first place?? I reject the premise of this post...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 30, 2010 18:26

Should they keep rolling? I think the question should be Will they be worth the money? If you're going for the music...I dunno. It all depends on how they do. If they play like they did for the Bridges and Licks tour, by all means, yes. If they play like they did for the Bang tour? Ha ha ha ha - no.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 30, 2010 19:38

Yes, of course they should keep going.

I'd like to see, as many have said in the past, a scaled-down version of a tour.
I don't know if Mick would do that, or if he would tour without a new recording.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 30, 2010 21:03

They to find themselves first. No more vegas please... find yourselves and then play.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 30, 2010 21:13

It has crossed my mind that with the re-release of Exile, Keith's autobiography and the DVD ofLadies and Gentlemen all happening this year, they are looking backwards rather than forwards and that this could be seen as the beginning of the end.
If they do decide on a farewell tour they would probably want to charge even more outrageously than previously but with the state of the world economy, would they get away with it?
And do they have a final quality album up their sleeves ( I don't mean anything like A Bigger Bang) or would it be yet another "best of" compilation?
Sorry not to have answered the question but we can only guess anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-23 21:54 by Harlem Shuffler.

Posted by: Altefutze ()
Date: July 1, 2010 02:32

I will pay any amount of money at any venue.

I will sit in the first three rows (US) either center or Keith side right.

I will attend as many shows outside the US as I can afford.

I will not piss and moan if Keith gets tired or misses a note.

He's earned it!

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: July 1, 2010 04:30

It would be a shame to close their careers with 'A Bigger Bang'.It got a lot of critical praise but I think Voodoo and Bridges were better albums.
IMO the production style of B.Bang let it down - a kind of unsubtle noise-attack that becomes grating quite quickly. Considering that there are some pretty good songs in there... a more delicate approach was needed, a sort of less-is-more policy which the stones seemed to work in earlier times with great success.
From what we hear Keith is keen to start recording again so if he and Mick can get it together surely there is at least one last studio album in them... lets hope it's a fitting swansong if ever it comes to pass.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 1, 2010 06:15

If they can continue to play at the same level as they did on the A Bigger Bang tour, definitely they should continue.

They should continue until it is physically not possible any more or until physical limitations make it impossible to put on a decent show.

plexiglass

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: July 1, 2010 12:21

They should call it a day NOW!!! What is the point of touring again other than for financial gains? I love Keith but don't want him to carry on with his health issues and the deterioration in his guitar playing. Also Ronnie has his problems as well with his drinking. Time to quit I think. Just my opinion.

John Nicholls

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 1, 2010 14:54

John ........So we can boot Dean in the arse and have a beer with Melvin

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 1, 2010 15:13

timbernardis
If they can continue to play at the same level as they did on the A Bigger Bang tour, definitely they should continue.

plexiglass

yep...but (physically) the years since ABB TOur seem to have taken their toll.
imo Mick is looking his age...and Keith's been declining.

a couple yrs ago..an arena only tour seemed right. now i'm leaning toward
Theater only.....not because they couldn't draw 20,000 or more but the intimate
setting with less running around would be nice.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: July 1, 2010 15:16

Maybe the Stones should stand still and we all run around them...

ROCKMAN

Date: July 1, 2010 15:32

Rockman
John ........So we can boot Dean in the arse and have a beer with Melvin

Sounds like a great idea Rockman!!!! I'll let Dean know your thinking of him. Count me in for the next tour.

John Nicholls

Date: July 1, 2010 15:36

If none of you have ever met Rockman think of Crocodile Dundee meets Keith Richards.

John Nicholls

Date: July 1, 2010 15:36

Sounds like a great idea Rockman!!!! I'll let Dean know your thinking of him.

break it to him gently though...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 1, 2010 16:02

If they play the same as they did on the Bang tour? That's grounds for HELL NO, not yes. Don't get the logic of that thought.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: July 1, 2010 16:20

It depends on how THEY fell not us. i am with everyone in that I do not want to see them go out and embarrass themselves. But if they can play then why shouldn't they? its what they do. I'd like to see it all scaled down and I'd like to see Mick stop jumping around if they do go out.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 1, 2010 23:38

"If they can continue to play at the same level as they did on the A Bigger Bang tour, definitely they should continue."

That's my answer too, timbernardis.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: July 2, 2010 00:05

skipstone
If they play the same as they did on the Bang tour? That's grounds for HELL NO, not yes. Don't get the logic of that thought.
+1

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 2, 2010 01:30

What should they do otherwise? Hanging around in football stadiums with elder statemen?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home