Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian fans only
Posted by: Voja ()
Date: March 21, 2010 14:19

Beggars Banquet sessions Olympic 1969 > ''Sister Morphine'' > Pop Express

Re: For Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian fans only
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 21, 2010 16:03

This is great, you should translate it for the other readers. This journalist writes how he managed to get inside the studio while The Rolling Stones were making Let it Bleed. Jimmy Miller told him that so far they didn't let anyone else in the studio. He was there with them untill 6 a.m., they were recording Sister Morphine, and he writes about his impressions about them, how they looked, how they behaved in the studio, what were they saying to each other... There are also small interviews with the Stones. Those pictures you can see he took without getting a permission, because when he asked if he could make a few photos Charlie sad:"Yeah why not", but Mick sad:"No Way". It's a great read!
Voja do you have this copy of Pop Express can you tell me the date of this issue? Thanks a lot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 16:19 by Bitches Brew.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 21, 2010 19:09

Great stuff Voja, thanks for the upload.

To Vojo kralju, Stouns legendo ovih prostora a i šire! smileys with beer

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: March 21, 2010 19:47

Bravo Vojo!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:40

This was written by famous Croatian journalist and music editor, I'll try to get in contact with him, perhapse he can tell us something more...

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:57

Sounds like a nice idea, BB; let us know if he shares more info with you, perhaps some nice anecdotes not mentioned in the article.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: March 22, 2010 08:10

Voja...let'sstay in touch...your serbian connection in San Francisco...peter.. pstupar@aol.com

Date: March 22, 2010 21:37

Bitches Brew
This was written by famous Croatian journalist and music editor, I'll try to get in contact with him, perhapse he can tell us something more...

Better go to your National Library, find ''POLET'' magazine, circa 1978 - 1982 and you'll discover great stuff about ROLLING STONES. Our library is closed, and I'm searching little strip (caricature) from Igor Kordej (from Polet) about Some Girls. He wrote and draw how Charlie had siphillis and Mick worrying about first wrinkle. (you couldn't understand now, but it's very funny!)
This is from Nasa Borba about Stripped :

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: March 22, 2010 21:51

Interesting.....ever since Jugoslavija did fall apart, The Rolling Stones did not deliver any good recording...

So....

Come on 'Ej Sloveni'....get together!!

(some stupid fantasy)

ajde zivjeli!!

Date: March 24, 2010 22:26

O.K. I'm quiting this tread For Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian.
Last post is the best text about Brian Jones ever by Nick Kent named : ''Don't judge so sharp about me''

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 24, 2010 23:28

that's the biggest arrow i've ever seen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1528
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home