Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Netherlands (Holland) Best
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 9, 2010 00:58

We had these threads before and I named this guy from Holland who did some nice Stonesy stuff in early 70's:
Peter Coolewyin (?!)

Posted by: StrawberryFields ()
Date: June 9, 2010 10:49

A buddy of mine has told me that Akkerman once left the stage "because people have talked" - he was a fine, versatile guitar player of great dexterity in the seventies, I liked very much what he had done with Thijs and especially with Jasper van*t Hof, Kaz Lux and Claus Ogerman - who highly prized their common release - but in the eighties he has gone nuts - and unfortunately never came back.

Last time when I saw him in the he was trying to play some plugged lute and yes - that was more trying than playing.

My impression is that he always had to have someone to keep him down to earth. A genius and a bozo - he was both.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 9, 2010 15:37

CousinC
We had these threads before and I named this guy from Holland who did some nice Stonesy stuff in early 70's:
Peter Coolewyin (?!)

i remember going on the protest march ,and going to see the stranded ship by the zuidpier in ijmuiden only to find out it had been towed away ,( o how it it to be young and stupid ) afterwards for a while the ship lay in the harbour in zaandam.

René - geboren en getogen in de schildersbuurt zaandam , i have family in westzaan

de zaanstreek has (did have ) a lot of bands too!

[www.zaansepophistorie.nl]

eelco gelling / golden earring- just listen to this,their 1977 live album is superb.

george is great too , obviously !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-11 14:08 by straycatblues73.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: June 9, 2010 19:16

Here's Tim Knol (I think he's only 18 years old in this video), singing Dead Flowers...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 9, 2010 20:24

StrawberryFields
A genius and a bozo - he was both.

Jan Stakkerman... smiling smiley

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: June 9, 2010 22:52

You Dutch suprise me, what about your own Rolling Stones with long hair before any one had it THAT long. This is from 1966.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-09 23:06 by behroez.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: June 10, 2010 01:28

Fatal Flowers come to mind

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home