Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Favourite Exile bonus track
Date: May 30, 2010 19:50

I ain't signifying and plundered are mine. They all have great effort put in by the band to bring something like this to the true fans. The rest are good but have small things that bug me like the second half of dancing in the light almost breaks down into put me in the trash which is my least favorite Jager solo song. On River its some of the lyrics who tucks a comb in their hair if it was 1880 maybe....all have been reworked even outro to good time women ...on so divine it's the second verse phrasing is off in timing and lyric quantity to the rest when he signgs about the rose. Just little things but thanks Mick for the efforts becasue in the end Its Only Rock and Roll and nobody has done it longer better!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 30, 2010 20:20

They are all growing on me, but I am sticking with PMS, because it is the closest thing to a fully-realized "new" Exile song. Everything comes together, and the core of the original Nellcote band is all there.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 31, 2010 00:44

For me also PMS, then I'm Not Signifying, though I highly prefer I Ain't S. The third place is for Good Time Women. The rest is nothing special imo. I miss good guitar on the rest and I am not overenthusiastic as for the new vocals.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:41

Dancing in the Light

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: May 31, 2010 08:07

For me PMS and mostly because those guitar lines take me back to the Stones as I once knew them growing up. It was a brillant move to get Taylor back in for a moment. They really need to do a short UK tour or some one off nights of Taylor era material before it is too late.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 31, 2010 09:42

Amsterdamned
Palace Revolution 2000
mtaylor
"and too much "artificial" piano intros."

Does Chuck have a bad influence with his "plink, plink" piano? Were Stu and Nicky better piano players?

You know, I think what really kills Leavell with the Stones is his sound. His playing isn't that bad. I was listening and if he was coming on a bit softer on a real Grand Piano it would be a world of difference. Not only would his sound be radically better, but I think it would subtly change his position and function in the Stones.

Thanks for helping me out.winking smiley
A Piano like this and not his terrible sounding electric piano.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: May 31, 2010 10:18

so divine!

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 31, 2010 11:20

I listen to it up and down - and yet had no time to read the booklet nor watch the dvd!!!

Bonus Exile & A few thoughts
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 31, 2010 21:14

"Following the River" is THE best ballad since "Wild Horses", if not the modern era W.H. ...

"So Divine" is The Stones sexiest smoothest hottest song period! W/ out trying to be overly sexy i.e. Sex Drive , Mick's Swwet Thing etc......

Good Time Women is really getting a huge reception everytime I play it to someone! The infectious groove just demands you tap your feet and move your ass!

There is really nothing I can't get enough of on the bonus disc!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Bonus Exile & A few thoughts
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 31, 2010 23:16

I love ALL the new Jagger stuff on Dics 2!
I don't care about the controversy, etc. They sounds grea and are a bunch of great songs! The only track I don't care for is the Keith-vocal on Soul Survivor (which is old anyways).

Following the River moved me emotionally quite hard when I heard it. I've never experienced a 'new' Stones song that's done that for me (having been born in 1973).

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: May 31, 2010 23:28

I've been enjoying all the tracks on this second disc as well. I can understand the posts saying that a classic track is being ruined with the new vocals. However, without the new vocals and instrumental tracks, I feel like I'd listen to this disc once in a blue moon because it would just be a bunch of instrumentals. With the new vocals, however, I feel like I am listening to a brand new album that I can listen to over and over again.

Thank you Mick for putting in the extra effort on these songs, and not just slapping some old unfinished music on the bonus disc!

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: May 31, 2010 23:39

I would love to hear Keith sing Soul Survivor at the next concert, if there is one.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: May 31, 2010 23:57

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: May 31, 2010 23:39

I would love to hear Keith sing Soul Survivor at the next concert, if there is one.

I'm glad Mick's version made it to Exile and not Keith's.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: June 1, 2010 01:05

Marhsall
"Following the River" is THE best ballad since "Wild Horses", if not the modern era W.H. ...

I'm glad you're enjoying the disc (I love it too!), but that's a bit much, no? Better than Let It Loose, Angie, Coming Down Again, Winter, Time Waits for Noone, Memory Motel, Waiting on a Friend, Sleep Tonight, Thief in the Night, etc.? The song certainly impacts me and I LOVE Nicky's piano and it's certainly the best since Thief (to me), but I think you're still 'on honeymoon' (new, passionate) with it to put it above the best of the '72-'81 ballads.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: June 1, 2010 01:25

ChefGuevara
Sure thing!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 1, 2010 03:22

It's not really Keith's version so much as a very rough guide vocal with what Mick and Keith term "vowel movements." It was never a contender for official release and much like the alternate "All Down the Line" I'm surprised they decided to include it on the bonus disc.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2010 03:25

I'm glad Keith's swaggerin' sexo version made it to the bonus disc...

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-01 03:26 by Rockman.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 1, 2010 03:32

For me Mick did a great job on the Bonus disc

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 1, 2010 03:45

Great disc! Totally revitalized the boys in my opinion.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 1, 2010 03:50

Date: June 1, 2010 03:25

I'm glad Keith's swaggerin' sexo version made it to the bonus disc...

Where it belongs.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 1, 2010 04:19

the bonus cd shows very clearly why the songs weren't on the album.
the new jagger stuff is awfull. how can you compare it to WH???
besides that i really love the exile reissue...fantatsic book, great vids, lots of articles about the boys...it's a good time to be a stones fan...but honestly: that new stuff? not much better than "keys to your love"....

Date: June 1, 2010 04:24

best thing on the outtakes/new stuff dis:
soul survivor by keith....JUST GREAT!

Date: June 1, 2010 06:10

Where it belongs.

That's it ... don't want it wastin' away in the vaults.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 1, 2010 10:22

I never thought angie even came close to being a great song like wild horses... that's number one, number 2 ....yes they have had songs like the ones you mentioned.. and yeah i feel the same way...

but following the river has a great magic on it!!

and so much better lyrically than say out of tears......

and out of curiousity why do so many here bash voodoo lounge?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 1, 2010 10:28

Following the river! Yes, I cried too...

Date: June 1, 2010 11:08

Close race between Following The River and So Divine (Alladin Story). The latter is a tad better, imo.

Date: June 1, 2010 14:41

soul survivor - keith on vocals rocks! LOVE IT

following the river is awfull...

good time woman is a nice tumblin dice version

title 5 is cool....

pms is as entertaining as a woman with PMS...;-)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home