Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Faces tour confirmed
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 28, 2010 14:13

I've been reading this thread with a good deal of amusement, good to see people are still passionate about things, positively or negatively. I had not heard the Mick Hucknell incarnation of the, ahem, Faces until Brue posted this YouTube clip. I have to say it conveys a real sense of musical authenticity regardless of who is or who is not in the band. the vibe is there and MH has a surprisingly good rock n' roll voice, it could do with a bit of that smokey roughness that Rod USED to have back in the day, but rather this than Rod struggling to hit the mark. Don't get me wrong Rod is a better frontman by a good chalk, but his voice can't cut it like MH's can. MH must be one of the few white singers who still has powerful voice with its full range at 50.

Looks like I'm gonna be hunting a ticket for the Bubble.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 31, 2010 16:34

[www.iorr.org]

The only two Faces gigs as yet that appear to be scheduled and for which you can buy tickets are the O2 Bubble on August 11th and the Goodwood Festival on the 13th. As for this tour of theirs supposedly kicking off in January 2011, has anyone seen any tour itinerary/any dates ? I have a very vague re-collection of seeing in some thread or other on here that someone had bought tickets to see a gig of theirs in Denmark, but where and when that gig is - I've no idea. and I can't recall the thread I read it in.

Anyone ?

Brilliant, Well done BV ... you've updated the news story with a link to that Denmark gig on 20th August. I knew I'd read about them doing another performance somewhere else after Goodwood, Just couldn't recall what & where & when.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 22:18 by paulywaul.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 31, 2010 16:36

SonicDreamer
I've been reading this thread with a good deal of amusement, good to see people are still passionate about things, positively or negatively. I had not heard the Mick Hucknell incarnation of the, ahem, Faces until Brue posted this YouTube clip. I have to say it conveys a real sense of musical authenticity regardless of who is or who is not in the band. the vibe is there and MH has a surprisingly good rock n' roll voice, it could do with a bit of that smokey roughness that Rod USED to have back in the day, but rather this than Rod struggling to hit the mark. Don't get me wrong Rod is a better frontman by a good chalk, but his voice can't cut it like MH's can. MH must be one of the few white singers who still has powerful voice with its full range at 50.

Cheers,
SonicD

Hey SD, check your mobile for a text message & check your e-mail .... you're after a single ticket, right ?????

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 31, 2010 17:35

SonicDreamer

i must say I was a bit pessimistic about "Huckers" BUT ...he sounds like he'll do the job....lets drink!!!

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: August 3, 2010 14:10

Mick Hucknall can sing for sure, but he ain't rock 'n roll! And that's what the Faces were all about. So to me it's like a jazz version of what used to be a great kick ass rock 'n roll band. Why not Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes on lead vocals? Talking about kick ass rock 'n roll.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 4, 2010 14:50

02 presents "the dyed hair brothers"

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-04 19:11 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 4, 2010 15:01

I vote for Spike from the Quireboys!!!!!

Christ now thats a band I wanna see. He always wanted to be in the faces anyway!!!

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: August 4, 2010 15:10

Monkeytonkman
I vote for Spike from the Quireboys!!!!!

Mack Jigger
Why not Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes on lead vocals? Talking about kick ass rock 'n roll.

...or Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics, anyone?!

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: August 12, 2010 11:32

Any news and reviews on the Faces gig in London on Aug. 11? Any video??

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 12, 2010 12:00

the gig is next Friday, the 13 th !!!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: August 12, 2010 12:15

Hucknall wins over Faces show crowd

Simply Red singer Mick Hucknall had big shoes to fill as he replaced Rod Stewart as lead singer of Faces at their first reunion concert - but he managed to win over the crowd.
Many fans of the 1970s rock band, known for hits such as Stay With Me and I'd Rather Go Blind, expressed surprise at the decision to bring in Hucknall as lead singer after Stewart chose not to rejoin the band.
But kicking off their reunion tour at a concert held by American Express at the British Music Experience at London's O2 Arena, Hucknall ran through the hits to rapturous applause and shouts of "best band in the world" from the crowd.
Playing to an audience of 400 people, it was an intimate gig for lead guitarist Ronnie Wood, who went on to play for The Rolling Stones when Faces split up in 1975.
He was joined by two fellow original Faces members - drummer Kenney Jones and keyboard player Ian McLagan.
Former Sex Pistols bassist Glen Matlock completes the line-up for the reunion tour, and for this show, Wood's son Jesse joined them on stage to play guitar.
Speaking before their performance, Wood said it was "magic" having Hucknall sing with the band.
He said: "We do miss Rod but having Mick here is just unbelievable because it's one of those situations that you probably at first think wouldn't work but it's magic."
Hucknall, who is 15 years Stewart's junior, added: "I wanted to be Rod when I was 12, who wouldn't? He's one of the greatest rock icons and we'll honour him tonight.
But if he isn't doing it and someone else gets the chance to do it who's a fan, then why not?"

[www.independent.ie]

Some photos posted here:
[rocksoff.org]

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: August 13, 2010 23:26

Maybe its already been asked before but are they going to do more gigs than those gigs listed on the News-page here?

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: August 14, 2010 01:51

So I guess this means no Stones tour? sad smiley

"What I'm doing is a sexual thing. I dance and all dancing is a replacement for sex". - Mick Jagger

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 14, 2010 06:00

stateofshock
Well the rumoured Stones tour is for Fall 2011 and The Faces are talking about doing more shows in January. Seems like plenty of time to do both.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 14, 2010 18:05

sweetcharmedlife
stateofshock
Well the rumoured Stones tour is for Fall 2011 and The Faces are talking about doing more shows in January. Seems like plenty of time to do both.

A January tour is a good idea for the Faces. There won't be a lot of other bands out there on the road in the middle of winter to compete with them. They could very well be the only game in town. It might be a hard sell to get Rod's soccer mom fans off the couch and out of the house in a snowstorm to see three fourths of his one-time back up band, but that's not who this show is for anyway. It's for people who know something about the history of rock and roll and who would appreciate the opportunity to see a band featuring members of the Rolling Stones, the Who, and the Sex Pistols playing in small (maybe VERY small) venues.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 14, 2010 23:49

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
stateofshock

A January tour is a good idea for the Faces. There won't be a lot of other bands out there on the road in the middle of winter to compete with them. They could very well be the only game in town. It might be a hard sell to get Rod's soccer mom fans off the couch and out of the house in a snowstorm to see three fourths of his one-time back up band, but that's not who this show is for anyway. It's for people who know something about the history of rock and roll and who would appreciate the opportunity to see a band featuring members of the Rolling Stones, the Who, and the Sex Pistols playing in small (maybe VERY small) venues.
A limited major city theatre tour would probably do decent. I doubt it would be a very long tour and as happy as Ronnie looks fronting The Faces,I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to make moner with the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2027
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home