Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Faces tour confirmed
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 06:12

That is also a very shallow comment. Rod's recent solo material has nothing to do with The Faces older material. He would be singing The Faces. Huknall was never a Face and never a rock and roller. So, while he may have a great voice, he really doesn't have anything to do with The Faces adn they shouldn't be touring calling themselves The Faces.... Ronnie Wood and Friends, the Traveling Gypsies, anything but not The Faces.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 26, 2010 07:07

Rod Stewart has been complete cr-p for more than 35 years. What a useless waste of talent, turning the great American songbook into the last refuge of hacks.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 26, 2010 08:18

whitem8
That is also a very shallow comment. Rod's recent solo material has nothing to do with The Faces older material. He would be singing The Faces. Huknall was never a Face and never a rock and roller. So, while he may have a great voice, he really doesn't have anything to do with The Faces adn they shouldn't be touring calling themselves The Faces.... Ronnie Wood and Friends, the Traveling Gypsies, anything but not The Faces.

Maybe they could get Tetsu back.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 08:52

Yeah that was crap too! ARRRRRG! Really that's when they became Rod's back up band. When Ronnie left that was the end of The Faces chapter.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 26, 2010 08:57

Glen Matlock - Now when nothing is sacred he should take the chance to form The Clash for a Tour...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:22

Here ya go, from the horse's mouth ........

[news.bbc.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 11:33

Okay, so it will be 1 gig in august and then...Ronnie says they are ready to tour with Rod anytime...Ronnie says they will tour in January, doesn't know where, but they have a lot of offers...Ronnie says which guests will be there in the gaps between their bussy schedules...

Okay, if the Faces toured and came somewhere close to the place I live, I would go and buy a ticket on the day one, but I just don't believe it at all.

So I think it would be good to change the title of this topic

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 26, 2010 11:38

paulywaul

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Yeah I hear Ronnie but it's not Faces..more Ronnie Woods Rhythm Kingshorsemen...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 26, 2010 11:41

Is it me or does Ronnie look awful?

Terribly skinny

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 11:42

paulywaul
from the horse's mouth ........

I agree; he looks lousy in that frame.

Date: May 26, 2010 11:45

Come On
paulywaul

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Yeah I hear Ronnie but it's not Faces..more Ronnie Woods Rhythm Kingshorsemen...

Each to theirs, it's "Faces enough" for me. I agree, it's a shame they couldn't get Rod onboard. Maybe if they go down a storm, he'll show renewed interest. I'll live in hope, but meanwhile .... if this is what they give us, it'll do for me. Just lurrrrrrrrrrrv the songs.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 26, 2010 13:16

Presumably Rod Stewart was asked and turned the gig down and that Mick Hucknall has auditioned with the band and they are happy with his performance.

Date: May 26, 2010 13:41

Father Ted
Presumably Rod Stewart was asked and turned the gig down and that Mick Hucknall has auditioned with the band and they are happy with his performance.

He also blew the roof off Albert Hall with them live.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 26, 2010 13:43

I dont see the problem here.Three blokes of a certain age want to play some of their old songs again,the singer wont do it so they get someone else who they think can pull it off.Who could begrudge them that?

They should follow the Queen route though and call it 'The Faces and Mick Hucknall'

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 26, 2010 14:08

I'm still laughing about this a day later

Hot rumour is they'll be supported by GNR with George Michael on vocals in place of Axl

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:08

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:18

so much rod the mod bashing makings tod sad. l

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:37

whitem8

really?....is there a greater example of shallowness than Rod the mod?....the hair tips, the ex wives, the Hollywood living, his 5 last albums...and then there is no excuse in the world to still wear bright colored Versace jackets, white pleated dress pants and patent loafers.....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:45

Will Ronnie Wood be abled to play the only guitar during the concert? Hopefully it will work, but recently he only posed and hardly played, he relied on others.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:47

windmelody
Will Ronnie Wood be abled to play the only guitar during the concert? Hopefully it will work, but recently he only posed and hardly played, he relied on others.

mac should tote along scrapper and let him play in the shadows...he could be the blondie of the band....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 28, 2010 19:30

And here:

[www.rollingstone.com][36885,159101]

Date: May 28, 2010 23:22

windmelody

Wrong. On the BB-tour, Keith posed and Ronnie carried the band.

Date: May 28, 2010 23:33

Carnaby
andy js
with Mick Hucknall on vocals ...

HAHAHAHA

thats gonna be one of the worst things known to man

Ian McLagan, Kenney Jones and Ronnie Wood the worst? Are you kidding me? Man, be thankful we have the opportunity to go see and hear one of the best rhythm sections ever in rock n roll. What is wrong with you people?
One of the best rhtym sections in rock? Kenney Jones is a basic good rock drummer. Is that the great rhythm section?

Date: June 2, 2010 22:21

Date: June 2, 2010 23:51

Saw Rod at the O2 last Saturday 29th May and again yesterday 1st June. Tell you what, I reckon the Faces are better off with Mick Hucknall on vocals. Might lack the authenticity, but they'll sound better.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: June 3, 2010 00:05

DandelionPowderman
On the BB-tour, Keith posed and Ronnie carried the band.

In the next tour Ronnie will carry the band together with Taylor.
Keith can still pose if he wants to (rather not he starts looking silly), but for god sake don't plug him in!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-03 00:06 by behroez.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: June 3, 2010 00:25

Palace Revolution 2000
Carnaby
andy js
with Mick Hucknall on vocals ...

HAHAHAHA

thats gonna be one of the worst things known to man

Ian McLagan, Kenney Jones and Ronnie Wood the worst? Are you kidding me? Man, be thankful we have the opportunity to go see and hear one of the best rhythm sections ever in rock n roll. What is wrong with you people?
One of the best rhtym sections in rock? Kenney Jones is a basic good rock drummer. Is that the great rhythm section?

A basic good rock drummer? Townsend picked Jones to replace Keith Moon in Who for Chrissakes. He's a great drummer.

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 3, 2010 01:04

whitem8

How about "Some of the Simply Red Faces" as the new band name?

Date: June 3, 2010 01:21

paulywaul
Saw Rod at the O2 last Saturday 29th May and again yesterday 1st June. Tell you what, I reckon the Faces are better off with Mick Hucknall on vocals. Might lack the authenticity, but they'll sound better.

I'm one of the biggest Faces fans ever to crawl out of a pub, but I have to agree with you, sadly. As some critic observed, he now sounds like a blues singer being choked. If only...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 3, 2010 02:47

In other news, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles will be touring without Smokey Robinson and also without some of the Miracles.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home