Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Goodbye, farewell and amen
Date: May 20, 2010 10:04

Goodbye, Craven - see you at the Cottage winking smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 20, 2010 10:05

I'll do the same. Good bye everybody. I do'nt like RS since 1975, i hate RW. MJ voice is terrible. KR is old and cannopt play guitar anymore. If MT was in the band this should'nt have happened..........

There is a nice and friendly forum in which talk about the virtuosity of a new artist called Lady GAGA, and that is the place where i will post since this very moment.......... (if you hear PMS, in 1 minute and 23 secons there is a guitar lick that i think that is played by Ry Cooder, thas why i think that this song comes from the Let it bleed or Sticky Fingers sessions, and that's why this tune do not fit in the EOMS atmosphere..........)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 20, 2010 10:10

Whatcha mean, bv? Is there a world outside the Rolling Stones?winking smiley

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: May 20, 2010 10:12

Works for me as Thought for the Daysmoking smiley

StonesTod
nonfilter
I'm personally damned excited about another world tour. Small venues? They'd be great but they would be so packed it would be insane and tickets would sell out to scalpers in a matter of minutes, plus less numbers usually means higher ticket prices. The Stones are just too big to go small. Gotta go solo to play small venues consistently. And what's so bad about a world wide tour? You wanna be the only country to get the show just for the rarity factor. They usually sound better later in the tour, except for Bigger Bang. I just don't get it. I've seen them quite a few times and I still get a huge rush when Keith strikes up JJF. Honestly, they do more variety in their setlists, even in arena shows than most any other performers, except Bob Dylan, The White Stripes, and a few others. I'm talking mainstream acts here. And they still actually play their instruments. Do you know how many bands use backing tracks? It's ridiculous. Even on my band's level (very low), we show up and clubs to set up and the sound crew is shocked that we aren't using backing tracks. So bitch about the stadiums and the big stages and the enormous crowds and the hit songs they play. Mick Taylor is not gonna rejoin. They are not going to perform shows just for a small group of people who complain constantly. They don't want to relive your past. Let them do it how they want and enjoy what you can of it. They're the best in the business. Learn to share.

is that our sermon for the day?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 20, 2010 11:40

Sir Craven of Cottage
After 4 years of posting on this forum, first as Chav Watch then as Sir Craven, I am calling it a day.

Love the new Exile but wouldn't dream of going to see another Licks/ABB style show. It's time for me to bail out and move on to pastures new.

Good luck and enjoy the future (whatever it brings).

Yes,apart from the last Exile release,what's left to say...only nostalgic memories and wishful thinking,as far as the music is concerned.And that's what the stones are(where) about..

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 20, 2010 11:50

Sir Craven of Cottage
After 4 years of posting on this forum, first as Chav Watch then as Sir Craven, I am calling it a day.

Love the new Exile but wouldn't dream of going to see another Licks/ABB style show. It's time for me to bail out and move on to pastures new.

Bit melodramatic today aren't ya ? Have a cup of tea, that'll steady yer nerves !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 20, 2010 11:58

Amsterdamned
Sir Craven of Cottage

Yes,apart from the last Exile release,what's left to say...only nostalgic memories and wishful thinking,as far as the music is concerned.And that's what the stones are(where) about..

<only nostalgic memories and wishful thinking,as far as the music is concerned.>

And you call that ONLY? Nostalgic memories and wishful thinking, man, that's what life is almost all about!winking smiley (certainly at our (average) agegrinning smiley).

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 20, 2010 12:25

IOORioans should have more sex (me too)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 20, 2010 17:46

Enjoy your retirement, Sir Craven. (Are you going fishing?)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 20, 2010 17:54

We're gonna do one more thread then we gotta go

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: May 20, 2010 18:08

Sir Craven of Cottage
I just thought it would be rude to leave without saying goodbye. So, goodbye again. Right, that was the last post from me.

I really am going this time.......really i am.......I'm back again.............no i've gone.........now I'm back...uuurrrr, I'm not sure if i have gone or if I'm back...goodbyeeeeeeeeeeee and goodnight.

Sleep tight

I'm still here.

No Ive gone.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 20, 2010 18:09

You can't leave....all the plants will die.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 21, 2010 14:27

I wonder if Sir Craven of Cottage is getting wiThDRawN symptoms yet?..sad smiley?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 21, 2010 15:36

colonial
I wonder if Sir Craven of Cottage is getting wiThDRawN symptoms yet?..sad smiley?

whats that?

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 16:00

ThankGod
dont come back

With your nick you didn't have to write anything :-)

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 21, 2010 20:02

Good Thread! Keep it upsmiling smiley!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 21, 2010 21:41

Wild Slivovitz
Good Thread! Keep it upsmiling smiley!

Okay, I'll do what you've askedwinking smiley. It's a story about how I came on IORR and how it affected me. So it's a bit dramatic as well. Good, one day I was googling something and very accidentally I read something about the Stones. Well, I was a sleeping Stones fan (though I've elsewhere said that I'm nobody's fan which actually is true), but my interest suddenly woke up again. So I googled a bit about the Stones and doing so I discovered the Dutch Stonesforum. I got curious and signed up. The whole Ya Ya's thing was going on so I fell with my nose in the butter, as we say it here. Then I discovered IORR and during the first weeks I only visited the Buy/Sell/Trade section, without being a member. After having downloaded something I was pointed out that I had to thank the uploader (justly) and so I signed up. In a relatively short time I downloaded very much stuff, but the Tell Me side was still a no go area to me. But it didn't take much time before I took a look there and that was the beginning of a dramatic period. It worked quite addictive and I discovered I even got a bit mad about a post sometimes! Unbelievable but true, and I reacted to that in the wrong way. Well, to keep a long story not too long, after some time I decided to quit, and announced that, just like our Sir Craven has done. I have to admit that it was a good decision, but I didn't persist and came back. Same story after some time. Just ridiculous but also funny. And again I came back. In the meantime the whole Exile thing raised up. It got me totally in its sway and it seemed as if my Stonesless period of years never had existed. And now here we are, discussing every tiny detail about whatever one can imagine. Just like Cindy C. said, your friends think you're getting crazy. But it's addictive. And like any addiction, that's not healthy. I still don't know how to handle it. Yesterday I told my wife that I was about ready collecting and ordening all the stuff I had downloaded and that I only had to make 8 YT uploads (which in fact goes very quickly) and then would stop it all. But I'm afraid it will be very difficult, being involved in all kinds of discussions, varying from Little Queenie and the guitars on YaYa's to the speed of Good Time Women and who played what and when on I'm Not Signifying. Well, it certainly will end up with a doctor's consult, but I'm so scared that the medicine against this addiction still has to be invented. And as you know it takes years before new and adequate medecins are on the market. Even a ban won't work, because the reading will go on. So I'm doomed. My fate is sealed and I'm trying to accept it.

PS: the posting speed here is also killing!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 21, 2010 22:18

Well it's certainly better than BP.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 22, 2010 00:08

if you gotta go, go now...or else you gotta stay all night...

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: May 22, 2010 03:32

You can count on this. He will be back, and he will attend the next live concert, and he will have a great time. And he will complain that it is too Vegas. If you are really serious about no longer following the Stones, just do it and don't tell everyone about it. Just do it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 22, 2010 03:42

flilflam
You can count on this. He will be back, and he will attend the next live concert, and he will have a great time. And he will complain that it is too Vegas. If you are really serious about no longer following the Stones, just do it and don't tell everyone about it. Just do it.

but that's the tree falling in the forest prob! if someone quits on the stones and doesn't tell the tell me forum, how do we know he really quit? ....or something...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 22, 2010 04:06

hope the door doesnt hit ya

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: May 22, 2010 21:31

Amsterdamned
ThankGod
dont come back

U2.

What has Bono got to do with it?

Date: May 22, 2010 21:37

ThankGod
Amsterdamned
ThankGod
dont come back

U2.

What has Bono got to do with it?

He is the singer of a band called U2.winking smiley

Posted by: ThankGod ()
Date: May 22, 2010 21:39

I see!

U2 to then my good man.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 22, 2010 21:48

i think "right back at ya!" is more appropriate.

Date: May 22, 2010 21:52

ThankGod
I see!

U2 to then my good man.

You must be god himself... thank god he doesn't exist.cool smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 22, 2010 22:04

Everything is Bono's fault.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 22, 2010 22:06

Human invention indeed. No proof, etc.

Perhaps if Sir Craven really did quit on the Stones and we don't know, the forest comparison, perhaps he "fell from a coconut tree" and doesn't know?

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: May 22, 2010 22:52

Didn't you do this already, a few months ago? Yet you came back again! Do you enjoy the attention?

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home