Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Goodbye, farewell and amen
Posted by: still ill ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:08

Well this thread went kind of how i expected

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:08

StonesTod
bernardanderson
bigbang
I don't understand why people feel the need to do these things, and make these announcements. Disappear and come back later if you want to, or not. I don't really care.
it's the age we live in. a narcissistic/ego-inflated world, thanks in large part to twitter/facebook/blogs/messageboards. we think we are bigger than we actually are.

true - i'm only 6-4, but i think i'm 6-5

That's because your head comes to a point.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:10

Btw, where`s Barboon Boo? (used to be one of the regulars)

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:14

banned. he's missed here!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:14

Brue
StonesTod
bernardanderson
bigbang
I don't understand why people feel the need to do these things, and make these announcements. Disappear and come back later if you want to, or not. I don't really care.
it's the age we live in. a narcissistic/ego-inflated world, thanks in large part to twitter/facebook/blogs/messageboards. we think we are bigger than we actually are.

true - i'm only 6-4, but i think i'm 6-5

That's because your head comes to a point.

i'm glad you pointed that out. i thought it was just bad hair day.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:17

goodbye Craven ,

sc uk

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:20

sorry to see you go, Craven -you must have your reasons and i do respect them...but you're one of the good guys, i've always enjoyed your contributions and i'll miss you. take care mate.

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:24

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:26

I've always wanted to do something like this.

That said, if you knew how close I am to finally completing my review of ABB (and subsequently posting it here for all to enjoy), you would no doubt reconsider this mad flight.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:28

To Sir, With Love. Always enjoyed your posts. Cheers!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:29

Bro is still around under another name.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:30

Watching your heroes aging and fading away is very difficult for some people which is understandable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-19 23:31 by tumbled.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:32

Silver Dagger
Listen man, Fulham should have won. Don't take it so bad. Been a bad week.

Once an IORRer always an IORRer. You'll be back.

Agree, he will be back.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:46

noughties
Btw, where`s Barboon Boo? (used to be one of the regulars)
You'll find him on the back of your palm.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:50

cirrhosis
I've always wanted to do something like this.

That said, if you knew how close I am to finally completing my review of ABB (and subsequently posting it here for all to enjoy), you would no doubt reconsider this mad flight.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 19, 2010 23:51

Amused
banned. he's missed here!

Why was that?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 20, 2010 00:23

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 20, 2010 00:29

i would like to take this opportunity to inform everyone that i won't be using the letter C in my posts anymore. it had a good run but it's time to move on. thank you all for your understanding. farewell C! you will be missed!

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: May 20, 2010 00:30

it's the age we live in. a narcissistic/ego-inflated world, thanks in large part to twitter/facebook/blogs/messageboards. we think we are bigger than we actually are.[/quote]

Spot on.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 20, 2010 00:39

Cafaro
Be well Craven. Be Well. I understand your feelings. We all must move on. I too will not attend ANY concert that seats more than 10,000 people unless I go for free or I am in the first 50 rows.

Same for me.....................Cafaro

Sir Craven of Cottage I think I understand you, hope your doing well.................

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 20, 2010 00:49

I'm personally damned excited about another world tour. Small venues? They'd be great but they would be so packed it would be insane and tickets would sell out to scalpers in a matter of minutes, plus less numbers usually means higher ticket prices. The Stones are just too big to go small. Gotta go solo to play small venues consistently. And what's so bad about a world wide tour? You wanna be the only country to get the show just for the rarity factor. They usually sound better later in the tour, except for Bigger Bang. I just don't get it. I've seen them quite a few times and I still get a huge rush when Keith strikes up JJF. Honestly, they do more variety in their setlists, even in arena shows than most any other performers, except Bob Dylan, The White Stripes, and a few others. I'm talking mainstream acts here. And they still actually play their instruments. Do you know how many bands use backing tracks? It's ridiculous. Even on my band's level (very low), we show up and clubs to set up and the sound crew is shocked that we aren't using backing tracks. So bitch about the stadiums and the big stages and the enormous crowds and the hit songs they play. Mick Taylor is not gonna rejoin. They are not going to perform shows just for a small group of people who complain constantly. They don't want to relive your past. Let them do it how they want and enjoy what you can of it. They're the best in the business. Learn to share.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 20, 2010 01:16

nonfilter
I'm personally damned excited about another world tour. Small venues? They'd be great but they would be so packed it would be insane and tickets would sell out to scalpers in a matter of minutes, plus less numbers usually means higher ticket prices. The Stones are just too big to go small. Gotta go solo to play small venues consistently. And what's so bad about a world wide tour? You wanna be the only country to get the show just for the rarity factor. They usually sound better later in the tour, except for Bigger Bang. I just don't get it. I've seen them quite a few times and I still get a huge rush when Keith strikes up JJF. Honestly, they do more variety in their setlists, even in arena shows than most any other performers, except Bob Dylan, The White Stripes, and a few others. I'm talking mainstream acts here. And they still actually play their instruments. Do you know how many bands use backing tracks? It's ridiculous. Even on my band's level (very low), we show up and clubs to set up and the sound crew is shocked that we aren't using backing tracks. So bitch about the stadiums and the big stages and the enormous crowds and the hit songs they play. Mick Taylor is not gonna rejoin. They are not going to perform shows just for a small group of people who complain constantly. They don't want to relive your past. Let them do it how they want and enjoy what you can of it. They're the best in the business. Learn to share.

is that our sermon for the day?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 20, 2010 01:25

iorr.org (but some of us like it?)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 20, 2010 01:46

bernardanderson
i would like to take this opportunity to inform everyone that i won't be using the letter C in my posts anymore. it had a good run but it's time to move on. thank you all for your understanding. farewell C! you will be missed!

Silly bunt.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 20, 2010 08:15

How ya going mate..ya ought to stick around to the next tour at least..cheers mate

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: May 20, 2010 08:58

I just want to announce that I will have a bowl of rice today for lunch!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 20, 2010 09:37

Sir Craven of Cottage
I just thought it would be rude to leave without saying goodbye. So, goodbye again. Right, that was the last post from me.

Last post may be but still logged one hour ago ....winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 20, 2010 09:40

It's Sir Craven's decission entirely - just as we can't force anyone to continue playing in the Rolling Stones, we can't force anyone to stay on the message board - or remain members of The European Rolling Stones Fan Club - iorr.org.
But we can - and we will - ask people to treat eachother with respect and to behave well towards eachother. Yes, that is even if you seriously don't think they deserve it.
And some of the posts in this thread disgust me.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 20, 2010 09:42

Addicted, my post was a winking smiley ,I didn't mean it in an offensive way .
It's like,you know,I want to quit the Stones but I just can't ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2010 10:03

I am sure you will be back when you miss us and the Stones after a while. Enjoy the rest of the world meanwhile, it is great too!

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home