Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Why Do I Dislike Chuck Leavell?
Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: May 19, 2010 00:57

Erik_Snow
Beelyboy
gosh i admire your courage and perspective soulful Erik.
!!

Oh come on Beelyboy - you're lightyears ahead of me, mate
I realised that I'm not good with words at all - so I refrain from posting most of the time - and enjoy (AS WELL AS HATE!) what I read from other "iorr people"

Erik, your English is better than most Americans. You and Beely are stars...thanks to both of you.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 19, 2010 01:20

CindyC
Liberace was supposed to be a great piano player, probably better than Chuck. Too bad he wasn't available - I bet he wouldn't make any mistakes and therefore would be a perfect fit - because that's what I look for in a band.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 19, 2010 01:34

because nobody from Macon, GA is worth likin, trust me...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 19, 2010 01:36

...nothing against Chuck...but Live Licks is one of the worst Cd I ever bought...and there are many reasons I hate it....but that plunk..plunk..plunk...piano drives me nuts....

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 19, 2010 02:19

not a big chuck fan but i have learned to accept him because he aint goin nowhere thanks to mick n keith taking the lazy road

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 19, 2010 02:39

Three names :

- Stu
- Nicky Hopkins
- Chuck (below sea) Leavell

Now can't you agree C.L. is far below the other two?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 19, 2010 02:45

[vodpod.com]

i rest my case.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 19, 2010 05:09

The problem is, he's not British.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 19, 2010 05:39

Carnaby
The problem is, he's not British.
Carnaby.Why should that really matter?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 19, 2010 06:31

he has been with them since 82 do ya really think the british thing really matters?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 19, 2010 06:36

StonesTod
mtaylor
I don't disklike Chuck, but I don't like his playing and use of piano.

that's like saying i don't dislike shakespeare, i just don't like his writing and his use of the written word.
There's nothing wrong with that - you can like a person, but you can dislike the persons use of clothes / clothes style

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 19, 2010 07:29

melillo
he has been with them since 82 do ya really think the british thing really matters?
melillo..how ya going mate..can always rely on you for some good back-up.A few of the others seem to duck for cover..cheers mate..smoking smiley(keep ya powder dry)

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 19, 2010 07:52

might be the keyboard chuck uses , i listend to some recent live stuff of ray manzarek with his version of the doors and the sound of the keyboard he uses sounds pretty bad

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 19, 2010 11:39

Nothing against CL .I've read a lot of articles and interviews about him and he seems a very nice personn and a professional but I don't like the way he sounds on stage .
Of course,the comparision with Nicky Hopkins doesn't help .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 19, 2010 19:01

mtaylor
StonesTod
mtaylor

that's like saying i don't dislike shakespeare, i just don't like his writing and his use of the written word.
There's nothing wrong with that - you can like a person, but you can dislike the persons use of clothes / clothes style

didn't realize you knew the guy; cool. so what about shakespeare? cool guy or what?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 19, 2010 19:12

Yeah, I think a real piano would help. Nicky's influence during that time is huge. His playing has a vision and elegance that is unmistakable. I was listening to "Edward" the other day. It is not much of a release, but taken as an outtake I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Nicky, Ry, Bill and Charlie diddling around in the studio. I enjoyed thinking about the band's sound with Ry Cooder on lead guitar.

If the band ever takes Exile on the road, I suggest asking what the Good Doctor is doing these days.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 19, 2010 19:16

StonesTod
mtaylor
StonesTod
mtaylor

didn't realize you knew the guy; cool. so what about shakespeare? cool guy or what?
shakespeare in love - cool movie, did you that? or did shakespeare just pop out of your head so to seem to be cool? some people pretend to know everything but infact know nothing....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 19, 2010 19:18

mtaylor
StonesTod
mtaylor
StonesTod
mtaylor

shakespeare in love - cool movie, did you that? or did shakespeare just pop out of your head so to seem to be cool? some people pretend to know everything but infact know nothing....

yeah, it's the cool thing and the pretend thing. actually knowing stuff is so uncool.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 20, 2010 12:54

I do not want IORR to be filled with "I hate" or "I dislike" threads. Everybody have something or somebody they do not like, but why do you have to say it? It is an offence for many people in fact, and I will delete such posts if they appear here. I do not mind discussions about the way people play or sing, but starting a campaign or saying you simply do not like somebody because they smile or whatever is simply not wanted on IORR.

Thanks!

Bjornulf
IORR Editor & moderator

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1113
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home