Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Responsise to Kiss and Why they will never be in the Hall
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 15, 2010 02:30

jjflash73
Kiss sucks and Gene Simmons is an idiot. I would rather kill myself than see 2 hours of him sticking his tongue out.
Take away the theatrics and you don't have much left. I can ONLY name one song and I am 49 years old and grew up outside NYC in Jersey.

I disagree...WITH the theatrics you still don't have much!

Date: May 15, 2010 02:35

71Tele
jjflash73
Kiss sucks and Gene Simmons is an idiot. I would rather kill myself than see 2 hours of him sticking his tongue out.
Take away the theatrics and you don't have much left. I can ONLY name one song and I am 49 years old and grew up outside NYC in Jersey.

yeah what you need is a bunch of backing musicians and 2 guys holding guitars but not playing anything. on lead posing mr ron wood.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:23

Of course, they have hit on an interesting schtick playing Sgt. Pepper all the way through and it sound quite good.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:45

kiss is not in the hall because simmons wants to be paid to show up that greedy prick

Date: May 15, 2010 03:57

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
jjflash73

yeah what you need is a bunch of backing musicians and 2 guys holding guitars but not playing anything. on lead posing mr ron wood.

Huh?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:59

Responsise to Kiss and Why they will never be in the Hall

Normally I don't post on topics like this.................here you go

Hahahahahahahhahahah

Date: May 15, 2010 04:14

71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
jjflash73

Huh?

that was making fun of the current state of the stones. mick and charlie are the only band members playing anything. the rest is backing musicians who aren't classified as members of the band

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 15, 2010 04:24

Well that is plain ridiculous. The Stones continue to be a hard act to follow. Kiss??? Come on it is just foolish to try to defend them being better than the Stones on this board, and really most anywhere. KISS is well...ah...well....let me see....dreadful.

Date: May 15, 2010 04:29

whitem8
Well that is plain ridiculous. The Stones continue to be a hard act to follow. Kiss??? Come on it is just foolish to try to defend them being better than the Stones on this board, and really most anywhere. KISS is well...ah...well....let me see....dreadful.

i'm not saying they are better than the stones. people on here are merely ignorant and try to act like the rolling stones created some of the most thought provoking music in history and never did anything for the sake of a dollar.

Date: May 15, 2010 05:06

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
jjflash73

Huh?

OK, thought so, and you do have a point.

that was making fun of the current state of the stones. mick and charlie are the only band members playing anything. the rest is backing musicians who aren't classified as members of the band

Date: May 15, 2010 05:31

71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
jjflash73

Huh?

OK, thought so, and you do have a point.

read my above message though. i like the stones 1000x better than KISS but the comments on here are borderline retarded. talking about childish lyrics in a KISS song. are the lyrics of "hot stuff", "star star", "start me up" or almost anything post 1982 any smarter? when mick jagger wrote "miss you" and "emotional rescue" was it an artistic statement or did he know disco was popular and see dollar signs? look how much they charge for a ticket to a concert now when they could easily sell them for at least $30 less than the current price.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 15, 2010 08:10

Kiss is one of hundreds of bands that will never be in the Hall of Fame.some Bands make it and some dont and Kiss just happens to be one of them...thats about it really.Once ya start putting bands like Kiss in there the place would start to lose its credibility..if it hasnt lost some already.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 15, 2010 08:15

There is a huge difference between the two. And actually the fact you can't recognize it is really the whole point. Sorry no use.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: May 15, 2010 08:44

Kiss were never on the prority list of Jenn Wenner and so they'll never be in the Hall. So what?

Kiss have a carreer of 37 years under their belt and they are still going strong after all these years. They are now touring europe successfully and they still put on a great show (tho it's always the same with the pyros, blood spitting, etc.). Unfortunately the show always distractes a bit from their music and so the public misses a load of good songs. They wrote some great stuff and anthems. I'm pretty sure the vast majority on this board never heard of albums such as The Elder or songs like A World Without Heroes, Sure Know Something or Forever. When they're thinking of Kiss they are thinking of the make up, the costumes, smoke, fire and some guy with a long tongue. From 1983 until 1995 they performed without the make up and most of the theatrics and still sold a shitload of albums, had top 10 hits and toured the world in sold out arenas. There is a reason why this band is in this business since 1973. You can't do that if it's only for the show.

Check out these vids, see and hear a different side of Kiss and maybe you'll be a bit surprised:

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 15, 2010 09:52

ghostryder13
kiss was a good band in 1976 but in 2010 they're a sideshow attraction instead of a band

Just like my all time favourite band: The RS

Date: May 15, 2010 15:18

Who's missing from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Three Words

BLUE OYSTER CULT

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: May 15, 2010 15:23

i kind of think the hall is a big self indulgent and doesn't really mean much anyways. sounds cool to be inducted, but it isn't the only opinion that matters.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 15, 2010 15:46

They should a package of "bands that sucked" introduction, with Kiss, The Knack, the Monkees.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 15, 2010 23:44

kiss do rod stewart. love this. fun radio hit.

garth does kiss doing rod stewart

LIVE

it this is NOT the uber height of total suckiness, rest assured, it's close.
warning: suck zone

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 16, 2010 00:06

god of thunder makes his mark. ace saves the day. !!! whoooooooo

god of thunder burn his @#$%& hair off

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: May 16, 2010 00:09

I love this song. Great riff.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:00

keefriffhard4life
speaking of high school, go back because you spelled RESPONSES wrong.

anyways they aren't in the HOF for the same reason these bands are in:
mc5
alice cooper
deep purple
yes
rush
iron maiden
judas priest
motorhead
def leppard
cheap trick
boston
foreigner

the HOF has a dislike towards hard rock. also gene simmons has said some pretty negative things about the people who run the HOF
you are 100% correct. plus gene and paul are not gonna kiss jan wenere tush .so there you have it .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:11

For NOT "making" the HOF could be the reason for Kiss to still keep the rock and roll credibility that many of their generation rock bands do not have. I guess they still rock too hard, and are way too bad boys, to be enough safe and secure to be cemented to a wax museum like that. Gene Simmons laughs all the way to bank...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-17 21:14 by Doxa.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:56

Doxa
For NOT "making" the HOF could be the reason for Kiss to still keep the rock and roll credibility that many of their generation rock bands do not have. I guess they still rock too hard, and are way too bad boys, to be enough safe and secure to be cemented to a wax museum like that. Gene Simmons laughs all the way to bank...

- Doxa
well said that's the bottom line .still making money selling albums ,tickets ,and swag .gene said something to the effect of the ticket buying public votes for them on a nightly basis .that's it the MONEY .oh by the way rock and roll hall of fame with MADONNA ? i like her by the way ,but you have to admit it is kind of a joke with the selection process (like cuba gooding in that movie saying "show me the money"

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: May 18, 2010 03:50

Kiss were sort of like a step on the start of a trail if you were 15 in 1975. Before that, when you were about 12, you heard 'Stony End' by Barbara Streisand on the radio, or Neil Diamond's 'Cracklin Rosie' and 'Lean On Me' by Bill Withers. You heard 'Brandy' by Looking Glass.. . the one about Roller Skating by Melanie,' then cooler stuff like 'Brother Louie' by Stories, 'Layla by Clapton,'Will It Go Round in Circles' by Billy Preston, 'Drift Away' by Dobie Gray, 'That Lady' by Isley Brothers, 'Frankenstein' by Edgar Winter, 'If You Want Me To Stay' by Sly Stone, 'Living For the City' by Steveie Wonder.. "Angie' by the Stones ..it was a good time to be 12 or 13 and have a transister radio...then you see Kiss one night late on TV when yer 15, and yer kinda bombed on Dad's vodka, on something called Don Kirschner's Concerts and yer like...wtf was that?? So you get the record and then Kiss leads you into Aerosmith, who were big in 1975 too but were better musicians, and whose song 'Walkin the Dog' leads you to Rufus Thomas, who leads you into what with all the Aerosmith/Stones comparisons back then, and also since they both covered that song on their debuts,to the Holy Grail; the Stones. And the Stones of course lead you in a million different directions to to Jimmy Reed, Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf, Slim Harpo, Chuck Berry, Marvin Gaye, the Temptations etc., etc.,etc., and your entire world becomes kaleidoscopic. Now music is a cosmic force. Now your ears are open to anything and everything. So you save your dough and you get yer guitar and try to learn the riffs, you hack around in yer shitty high school bands but all they wanna do is play songs by Kansas, and so by the time yer 50 you still suck at guitar, but cranking it up and blowing out the windows capoed at the 4th fret playing 'Happy' or 'Street Fightin Man' when the wife and kids go out.. never felt better. I look forward to being 60 and beyond and still doing that, but only louder because I'll be deafer. It's good for the soul and it keeps you young. So Kiss is good for that, I guess, for being a long forgotten step on the trail to that.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-18 03:57 by stones77.

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: May 18, 2010 05:03

kiss is just terrible and considering them or the rock n roll HOF as anything besides a joke is in bad judgment. I guess the HOF had some dignity at some point until they started letting anyone in who ever played a instrument. And how can anybody really take kiss seriously?

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: May 18, 2010 05:50

msw2525
kiss is just terrible and considering them or the rock n roll HOF as anything besides a joke is in bad judgment. I guess the HOF had some dignity at some point until they started letting anyone in who ever played a instrument. And how can anybody really take kiss seriously?

Because some people have actually heard enough of their music to be able to take them seriously.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 18, 2010 10:32

msw2525

Why should be a rock and roll band taken seriously? But I don't understand why some people seem to take HOF seriously - like it really matters who is dominated, etc. I seriously love rock and roll but I seriously hate a fart institution like HOF. Having institutions like that is a clear sign of the death of true rock and roll culture. Madonna nominated? Of course. To show even some semantic decency they should even change the term "rock and roll" with "pop" at least.

But the way, I don't like Kiss at all, but that is not relevant.

- Doxa

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 18, 2010 11:02

Theres just one band amongst all of them Heavymetallers that could be in a rocknroll hall of fame , and thats METALLICA, and only because of their 2 last albums..the rest is crap for kids...just my humble opionion..smoking smiley

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: May 18, 2010 13:21

Stones77 i really like your post, excellent smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home