Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Responsise to Kiss and Why they will never be in the Hall
Date: May 14, 2010 10:19

Kiss doesn't even belong opening for the stones, or U2 for that matter.

take away the makeup, costumes, pyro and alternating guitar players, and you have a High school talent show band. that's why there not and will not be in the hall of fame

.....keep on rolling.....

Re: Responsise to Kiss and Why they will never be in the Hall
Date: May 14, 2010 10:58

Date: May 14, 2010 11:06

speaking of high school, go back because you spelled RESPONSES wrong.

anyways they aren't in the HOF for the same reason these bands are in:
mc5
alice cooper
deep purple
yes
rush
iron maiden
judas priest
motorhead
def leppard
cheap trick
boston
foreigner

the HOF has a dislike towards hard rock. also gene simmons has said some pretty negative things about the people who run the HOF

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 12:05

Alice Cooper needs to be in the HoF stat. Hello to stage shows and theatrics in rock...and some damn fine music, especially with the original AC band.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 14, 2010 13:17

Kiss and all good rockers should take the HOF by the force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 14:35

Kiss sucks and Gene Simmons is an idiot. I would rather kill myself than see 2 hours of him sticking his tongue out.
Take away the theatrics and you don't have much left. I can ONLY name one song and I am 49 years old and grew up outside NYC in Jersey.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 14, 2010 14:35

Cheap Trick. The world's greatest under estimated band. Will they ever get their due?

Date: May 14, 2010 14:57

frankotero
Cheap Trick. The world's greatest under estimated band. Will they ever get their due?

sadly no sad smiley

its a shame. these guys should be playing to arena's right now and selling millions of albums. instead they play to about 2,000 people and sell about 50k of each new release

Posted by: folke ()
Date: May 14, 2010 16:22

"the HOF has a dislike towards hard rock."

Well... Metallica, Black Sabbath, Van Halen and AC/DC are in among others.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:29

jjflash73
Kiss sucks and Gene Simmons is an idiot. I would rather kill myself than see 2 hours of him sticking his tongue out.
Take away the theatrics and you don't have much left. I can ONLY name one song and I am 49 years old and grew up outside NYC in Jersey.
I can barely name one too. I'm the same age, and they were juvenile even when we were 14. We all thought they were homos or something. Seems like all Simmons talks about is money on his show. 'I don't party, blah blah' - yeah and you don't write music worth a shit either.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:31

Out of all mentioned above, only Deep Purple rightly belongs in there...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:45

KeithNacho
Kiss and all good rockers should take the HOF by the force!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how does that work? Kiss and "good rockers" that is. They're night and day apart.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:57

Kiss maybe entertaining to some people, but they are in a league below the Stones.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:58

jjflash73

Hmm so you have never seen them live and only know one song yet you come on this thread just to bash em.
Well I first saw them 27 years ago and I saw them last week in Glasgow - they were amazing. They have a catalogue stuffed full of bona fide classics:
Cold Gin
Strutter
Detroit Rock City
Love Gun
Deuce

etc. They have just released a great new album also. I know they are an easy target but suffice it to say Kiss don't need you and neither do the Kiss Army. They are selling out venues everywhere this tour at REASONABLE prices.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 19:02

kiss was a good band in 1976 but in 2010 they're a sideshow attraction instead of a band

Date: May 14, 2010 19:03

I'm the same age, and they were juvenile even when we were 14. We all thought they were homos or something. Seems like all Simmons talks about is money on his show. 'I don't party, blah blah' - yeah and you don't write music worth a shit either.[/quote]

So all Gene talks about is making money. This may be true but they make their money the old fashioned way - "stack em high, sell em cheap". My Kiss ticket for the gig last week in Glasgow cost £40.00 and the stage show and effects were just mindblowing. Also their recent album came at a regular price but with a free dvd and greatest hits CD thrown in for good measure.

As for your homophobic statement - classy.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: May 14, 2010 19:48

jjflash73

So only being able to name one song means they suck? Sounds like you haven't heard enough to say they suck, like most people who claim Kiss sucks. I think if you took the time to listen, you'd hear some really good rock and roll songs. Especially on their first 6 albums.

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: May 14, 2010 19:53

Some of those 70,s Kiss songs are ok in a "Louie Louie" type way (Strutter,Deuce,Black Diamond etc) but they have been seriously useless down from merely mediocre since about 1976

Date: May 14, 2010 20:08

humanriff77
Some of those 70,s Kiss songs are ok in a "Louie Louie" type way (Strutter,Deuce,Black Diamond etc) but they have been seriously useless down from merely mediocre since about 1976

The 3 songs you mention are all from the first album and are all totally different from each other. They have different singers on each of those songs, different intros, different arrangements etc. What they have in common is that they are all blue chip classics (albeit shockingly produced on the first record). Kiss are way more versatile than they are given credit for.

My take on the Kiss catalogue is this:

1st 6 studio albums and Alive 1 and 2 - Rock n Roll. These are classics (tho some are short and production quality varies)

78 - 81 - Solo albums, bit of disco and pop. I love this era tho its not everyones cup of tea.

82 - 91 - The heavy metal years. Started brilliantly with Creatures of the night and ended brilliantly with Revenge. Lotsa dodgy shite inbetween

The rest - Not much to report. Psycho Circus (original band reunion) sounds forced. New album is pretty good.

There you go....Kiss in a nutshell!!

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: May 14, 2010 20:22

I've seen them serveral times over the years, with my first attendance in 1984. Jesus, Paul Stanley is highly creative, he's the force behind them.
But it anyway, they shouldn't to their gigs under the KISS band name anymore. There's only one Kiss, and that's Peter, Paul, Ace and Gene.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: May 14, 2010 20:32

letitloose
I'm the same age, and they were juvenile even when we were 14. We all thought they were homos or something. Seems like all Simmons talks about is money on his show. 'I don't party, blah blah' - yeah and you don't write music worth a shit either.

So all Gene talks about is making money. This may be true but they make their money the old fashioned way - "stack em high, sell em cheap". My Kiss ticket for the gig last week in Glasgow cost £40.00 and the stage show and effects were just mindblowing. Also their recent album came at a regular price but with a free dvd and greatest hits CD thrown in for good measure.

As for your homophobic statement - classy.[/quote]

'Hey man I got mah ticket to see Kiss next week man! Gonna paint my face and sing along maaaaan! Gonna drop some acid and look at the light show dude oh hell yeah'. Homo is a generic statement meaning soft. Got nothing against gays - god knows enough of them hit on me! Lots of disposable income! But I digress. I forgot which board I was on for a minute. My apologies to all the self-respecting gay people out there. But the Kiss fans and wimps can all go to hellcool smiley

Date: May 14, 2010 20:44

letitloose
humanriff77

1st 6 studio albums and Alive 1 and 2 - Rock n Roll. These are classics (tho some are short and production quality varies)

wow the word classic is far to often prostituted

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: May 14, 2010 21:47

folke
"the HOF has a dislike towards hard rock."

Well... Metallica, Black Sabbath, Van Halen and AC/DC are in among others.

black sabbath was nominated numerous times before they got in. i believe it took a decade for them to get in. van halen and ac/dc also took a few years after being eligible to get in. metallica sat there and named off bands in their speach who should be in the HOF already and most of them are the bands i named

Date: May 14, 2010 21:50

Hairball
Out of all mentioned above, only Deep Purple rightly belongs in there...

hogwash to say most of the bands named shouldn't be in there

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 14, 2010 21:55

i think if they ever have a rock novelty acts exhibition; or rock satire exhibition then maybe some of their costumes or fire breathing material would be fun to see mounted....if you're 12.

not the music. not the band. not anything they ever did or ever attempted to represent as musicians or writers. because, it's.........aside from being all clumsy theatre no soul....it's....not.......any..........good.

Date: May 14, 2010 22:02

Beelyboy
i think if they ever have a rock novelty acts exhibition; or rock satire exhibition then maybe some of their costumes or fire breathing material would be fun to see mounted....if you're 12.

not the music. not the band. not anything they ever did or ever attempted to represent as musicians or writers. because, it's.........aside from being all clumsy theatre no soul....it's....not.......any..........good.

one of the big things the HOF looks at is influence. KISS, along with aerosmith and alice cooper, basically influenced every rock band from the sunset strip that was popular from 1980-1990. are you going to ignore an entire decade? megadeth, anthrax, guns n roses, lenny kravitz and even garth brooks have covered kiss songs and say that band was an influence on them

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 14, 2010 22:12

no i don't ignore it. they were fun influence on a lot of people with all the theatrics. the three u mention aero kiss and alice are all extremely very much peeps who proejected an already existing archetype. people have been using snakes and coffins and all kinds of theatrical gimmicks in rock and roll since the getgo...
a world without "megadeath, antrax, guns roses, lenny kravitz and even garth brooks" wouldn't change the face of great rock and roll music at all. "not a tiny bit" as lou reed would say...and has said....

actually every bad from the sunset strip that was popular from 1980 - 1990 is pretty much an embarassent and the king of suck. a few exceptions. all of them made up like girls and exploding shit. wow.
exception of first crue album and some of the ratt stuff; and w xception of appetite, that scene so hollywood deriviative. awful awful music. awful dweebs in awful spinal tap get ups. awful. heroin chic and l.a. girly men trying to look more like princess Fay. omg.

look billy Squier probably influenced some poor soul. so what

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 22:14 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 14, 2010 22:15

I cannot say that I've ever respected KISS, but I didn't mind some of their songs, 2000 Man being my favourite >grinning smiley<

That said, now that I've seen a few episodes of 'Family Jewels', I cannot stand Gene Simmons, and I'd never pay money for a ticket to see them anywhere, nor buy a CD etc.

"I'm just saying..." (that phrase annoyed someone in an earlier posting, so I thought I would revive it for posterity).

Date: May 14, 2010 22:18

Without Ace Frehley and his red and yellow Gibson, there is no Kiss.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: May 15, 2010 02:22

i always liked tis solo tune from peter criss after he left kis in the early 80's. has a very 50's sound to it:

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home