Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: AC/DC - a disappointment
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 25, 2009 12:24

yeah, yeah, I know - another OT.
But I'm just so disappointed. Went to the stadium early, was amongst the first few 100 to run in. Lived through heat and Claudia Cane as opening band - The Answer was ok. Aggressive mood all around, have never seen so many losers and trailerpark idiots at one place. AC/DC was @#$%& loud and played the same riff for 2 hours. I could have killed Angus for noodling around on his guitar for ages...Guy starts pissing on the people in front of him, gets beaten up. Other guy thinks he must start a riot and jump on little girls, beats up an old man, security does nothing. Stupid idiots trying to get more up front and piss everyone off. Background music is War Machine. Now i'm deaf, tired and disappointed.

Seriously, we can proud ourselves to be Stones fans. I mean, ok AC/DC got some good songs and I confess I like them. Perhaps it was also the people around me, but the combination was just horrid. Same riff for 2 hours, interrupted by mediocre noodling on the guitar and stupid screaming vocals.

Re: OT: AC/DC - a disappointment
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: May 25, 2009 13:02

Lorenz

Seriously, we can proud ourselves to be Stones fans. I mean, ok AC/DC got some good songs and I confess I like them. Perhaps it was also the people around me, but the combination was just horrid. Same riff for 2 hours, interrupted by mediocre noodling on the guitar and stupid screaming vocals.

There are so much "stonesfans" (perhaps all those SOL-haters etc etc) here on IORR who wants the stones to play like AC/DC.

But I'm so happy The Rolling Stones don't like to do this way and will continue playing very different music, rock and funk, country and ballads, disco and raggae and are playing a little jazzy hot stuff, too.

The boys of AC/DC are allowed to vistit the stones-stage for some time to get there tattoos touched up, like Axel and Izzy from GNR and Justin Timberlake a long while ago, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-25 13:04 by HighwireC.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 25, 2009 13:40

sad for you. i had a great time! of course they play in a very small range. but within that small musical range, they squeeze the best out of every chord!
the stones oeuvre is alot more varied and more interesting. they are my favourite band. but i started this thread "the stones should go to see acdc live" because acdc still deliver a very tight and highly energetic liveshow. they know their songs and they work hard, whereas the stones or mainly keith and ronnie just clown around and deliver trainwrecks far too often...

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 25, 2009 13:41

I'm going to see them tomorrow.I've never been a huge fan but I've always been interested to hear them in concert because, despite being hard to distinguish one song from another, they have quite an impressive sound.However, I've never been able to sit through a whole album of theirs with songs being so alike.Lorenz just confirmed my concerns.I'm afraid that two hours of listening to the same riff will be too much.I also don't want idiots spilling beer and jumping on me but that is bound to happen with so many idiotic Serbian metal fans around here(no offense to the real fans who care only about music and not about looking like greasy manly girls who wear the same black t-shirt for weeks without washing it and think that kicking people at concerts is what constitutes a good time)

Date: May 25, 2009 13:51

I think it matters a lot what kind of people are around you. Hope everyone who goes to see them still enjoys it smiling smiley

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 25, 2009 13:56

Well I do hope that nothing will ruin the show for me.I heard so many great things about the current tour.I also like the new record even if I can't listen to it in one sitting.As long as I hear Back in Black and Shot down in flames I will be satisfied.

Date: May 25, 2009 14:13

stones_serb
Well I do hope that nothing will ruin the show for me.I heard so many great things about the current tour.I also like the new record even if I can't listen to it in one sitting.As long as I hear Back in Black and Shot down in flames I will be satisfied.

I think they play those at every show. Btw, definitly bring earplugs!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 25, 2009 14:38

What is SOL?

Date: May 25, 2009 14:50

skipstone
What is SOL?

Streets Of Love, I think

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: May 25, 2009 15:02

Well you have to see them once.I saw them in 2001 at Meyton Keynes Bowl,was great.I just looked to see if there were any tickets left for the third Melbourne show and there's only Area 3 not many left.I'm in two minds about going.The gig will be in February and thats the hottest time of the year.I think I'll settle for the Black Ice DVD.

Posted by: openthedoor ()
Date: May 25, 2009 17:05

the biggest disappointment is that with the expection of adding
2 Songs (shot down in flames for europe, dog eat dog for outdoor shows)
they haven't changed the setlist. they play on the whole tour always exactly the same gig and that's unexcusable. Sure they rock more than the stones nowadays but the stones as bad as they are are still more interesting at least when you go watch more than one gig. the stones care for their hard fan base with quite interesting setlists.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 25, 2009 17:22

NEWS FLASH!!!
- AC/DC hardly ever change their setlists
- AC/DC are by far one of the loudest bands on the planet.

Both of these facts have been known FOR DECADES.

I really don´t get why people keep complaining about this when it really shouldn´t be a surprise to anyone unless you´ve been living under a rock for the last 30 years.

If you don´t like it then don´t go to their gigs, it´s really simple.

Posted by: openthedoor ()
Date: May 25, 2009 17:35

Yeah sure its nothing new
but they could change it if they werent so lazy
Imagine the gigs then!
but your simple mind probably don't care hearing the same thing over and over

Date: May 25, 2009 17:39

Tornandfrayed
NEWS FLASH!!!

I really don´t get why people keep complaining about this when it really shouldn´t be a surprise to anyone unless you´ve been living under a rock for the last 30 years.

doesn't make it any better, does it?

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: May 25, 2009 17:48

I shouldn't have opened this board today or tomorrow smiling smiley.

I'm gonna go to see them tomorrow and during past few days I got a sneaking suspicion that something will go wrong. Lorenz's first post reminded me of some possible problems and I will take good care of neighbourhood.

Talking about songs, I wouldn't agree that the same riff goes over and over again, especially songs from classic period with Bon Scott. The problem may be the way they play them these days.

One more thing: Is that really soooooo loud? I survived Motorhead twice but I am kind of worried whether this is so unbearable that it spoils the fun. I got tickets for the area 20-50 meters from stage and I suppose there will be the best and loudest sound.

BTW, this ElectroVoice PA was built in 1997 for Bridges to Babylon tour.

Date: May 25, 2009 17:54

61' telecaster
I shouldn't have opened this board today or tomorrow smiling smiley.

I'm gonna go to see them tomorrow and during past few days I got a sneaking suspicion that something will go wrong. Lorenz's first post reminded me of some possible problems and I will take good care of neighbourhood.

Talking about songs, I wouldn't agree that the same riff goes over and over again, especially songs from classic period with Bon Scott. The problem may be the way they play them these days.

One more thing: Is that really soooooo loud? I survived Motorhead twice but I am kind of worried whether this is so unbearable that it spoils the fun. I got tickets for the area 20-50 meters from stage and I suppose there will be the best and loudest sound.

BTW, this ElectroVoice PA was built in 1997 for Bridges to Babylon tour.

Interesting fact about the PA! They are indeed incredibly loud, it's massive - too much if you ask me. As for the concert overall, many friends who where there enjoyed it very much and had no problems with the people around. I was just unlucky, perhaps. The songs sound very much the same, I think - some really notable exceptions, of course. What I really hated was the endless noodling around of Angus - but I know many enjoyed that too.

Date: May 25, 2009 17:58

Lorenz
Tornandfrayed
NEWS FLASH!!!

doesn't make it any better, does it?

Of course not. I´m just saying that AC/DC is one of those bands where you know exactly what you´re going to get when you buy the ticket. Simple, straight-forward rock n´roll, incredible volume, kick-ass riffage from start to finish, Angus solo noodling and no suprise songs. They have been doing nothing else for more than 30 years.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: May 25, 2009 18:01

lorenz, thanks for the review.
because i saw them the last 2 times here in
austria, i sold my tickets a few weeks ago, thankfully.
yesterday i felt a bit sorry for not going to the concert,
but after reading your post i'm happy that i wasn't there.

Date: May 25, 2009 18:02

fair enough, tornandfrayed. now I also know it's not my cup of tea

Date: May 25, 2009 18:18

Lorenz
fair enough, tornandfrayed. now I also know it's not my cup of tea

Same here. I have seen them once and enjoyed but I don´t need to go again because it´s always the same. I´m sorry you were sorrounded by idiots who probably ruined the show a bit for you.

Posted by: 61' telecaster ()
Date: May 25, 2009 18:23

Maybe you got the same problem as myself - I definitely don't like Brian Johnson. He can't sing his own songs properly, let alone Bon's classics. He sounds like he suffers obstipation and that stance with half-bended knees and one arm in the air ready to trigger flushing after main job is done.

The good thing is that three main things are still around: Angus, Gibson and Marshall.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: May 25, 2009 19:19

The worst thing were probably the idiots that surrounded you. Have seen ACDC several times, always great. I really enjoy malcom, angus and phil rudd sound. Always had a good time, loved how they play, how angus at some points shows me how one guitar can be played with feeling...
If I have the chance in a future, I will see them again, they know how to rock, and there are not too many groups who can do that.

Date: May 25, 2009 19:34

I cannot believe people keep complaining about the lack of change in the set list when THEY HAVEN"T TOURED IN LIKE 8-9 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not the Dave Matthews band my friends!

If you are really into improvisation then go to a jazz club or catch a jam band..ACDC is not the band for that!

Complaining about the static set list is like a vegetarian saying they don't like meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-25 19:47 by stoned in washington dc.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 25, 2009 19:46

Lorenz you're gonna make Andy_js cry. (He probably thinks this is a ACDC-cult board so he posts nothing but this band-related comments) winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 25, 2009 19:51

"have never seen so many losers and trailerpark idiots at one place"

"loser"+"trailerpark idiot"... Now this is the most accurate description of our friend Andy I've ever read and I know him well smileys with beer
Well done Lorenz winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-25 19:59 by dcba.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 25, 2009 19:58

61' telecaster
Maybe you got the same problem as myself - I definitely don't like Brian Johnson. He can't sing his own songs properly, let alone Bon's classics. He sounds like he suffers obstipation and that stance with half-bended knees and one arm in the air ready to trigger flushing after main job is done.

ROTLMAO!!!!!!!hot smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 25, 2009 20:08

openthedoor
Yeah sure its nothing new
but they could change it if they werent so lazy
Imagine the gigs then!
but your simple mind probably don't care hearing the same thing over and over

Most people don't collect bootlegs. Most people don't read all the setlists on the internet. Most people only go to one show. I am sure most people, for whom the show is all about that moment, have a good time.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 25, 2009 21:01

Lorenz
yeah, yeah, I know - another OT.
But I'm just so disappointed. Went to the stadium early, was amongst the first few 100 to run in. Lived through heat and Claudia Cane as opening band - The Answer was ok. Aggressive mood all around, have never seen so many losers and trailerpark idiots at one place. AC/DC was @#$%& loud and played the same riff for 2 hours. I could have killed Angus for noodling around on his guitar for ages...Guy starts pissing on the people in front of him, gets beaten up. Other guy thinks he must start a riot and jump on little girls, beats up an old man, security does nothing. Stupid idiots trying to get more up front and piss everyone off. Background music is War Machine. Now i'm deaf, tired and disappointed.

you've lost your soul mate. thats what happens when you listen to sterile dad rock for too long. your edge goes and you become, for want of a better word. your own father

stick with the Clones, take two doses of Clapout a day and stay away from live rock n roll shows

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 25, 2009 23:38

Hey, where have all of you been some threads ago defending me that AC/DC have two decent songs but the Stones twenty-two as the final conclusion after seeing them both live together in Hockenheim in 2003!?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 26, 2009 00:02

I remember another pissing incident...when Queen visited Sweden for the last time, on their It´s A Kind Of Magic Tour,
the gig was held at the Råsunda Football stadium. Treat (swedish metal act from back then) and Gary Moore opened
for Queen, and it was raining during all the time during those acts.
Anyway, all of the field was covered with tarp (don´t know if that´s the right word for big plastic sheets?), to protect the
grass under it. The consequence was that the rainwater flooded the whole field, like 3-5 centimeters deep.
And no portable wc:s on the field...we had FOS sort of, no further away from the stage then like 10 meters.
Directly in front of us there was 3 really drunk danes, with no plans on leaving for the nearest toilet...
And in front of them, a bunch of norwegians covered from head to toe in proper rainwear and rubber boots,
all set for the bad weather...until 2 of the danes could not hold it anymore, and relieved themselves on the back
of the the norwegians legs in front of them. The norwegians did´nt notice what happened as their rainwear was of the quite thick kind...
Anyway, when the gig was over, and me and my friends left, as soon as we got off the field, all our shoes went in to the nearest trashbin,
and we were barefoot until the next day, when the 3 of us walked in to a shoestore..barefoot of course, quite the sight.....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-26 00:41 by mickijaggeroo.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1491
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home