Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: AC/DC - a disappointment
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 26, 2009 00:14

Dearest mickijaggeroo, now I know why us continental Europeans were scared shit(so to say)-less when you Scandinavians arrived on our soil as vikings some centuries ago!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: May 26, 2009 00:15

gotta love the norwegians. "there is no bad weather, only bad clothes" grinning smiley

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: May 26, 2009 13:08

Tornandfrayed
Lorenz
Tornandfrayed
NEWS FLASH!!!
- AC/DC hardly ever change their setlists
- AC/DC are by far one of the loudest bands on the planet.

Both of these facts have been known FOR DECADES.

I really don´t get why people keep complaining about this when it really shouldn´t be a surprise to anyone unless you´ve been living under a rock for the last 30 years.

If you don´t like it then don´t go to their gigs, it´s really simple.

doesn't make it any better, does it?

Of course not. I´m just saying that AC/DC is one of those bands where you know exactly what you´re going to get when you buy the ticket. Simple, straight-forward rock n´roll, incredible volume, kick-ass riffage from start to finish, Angus solo noodling and no suprise songs. They have been doing nothing else for more than 30 years.

Tornandfrayed - You put it in a nutshell! That is exactly what it is like with AC/DC and what it was 2 days ago in Vienna. I HAD to see them to their "Kick-as riffage" in my hometown, but I would not follow them around the world like I do with the Stones. Angus´ guitar playing is really amazing, and I like them for exactly the opposite reasons I like the Stones. I play them when I want to stop thinking and just want to let hell loose. After 2 hours of listening, this gets boring. Their music is too one-dimensional for me to stick with it all the time.
But Lorenz, can you really say that those fans are acting more "jerkish" than Stones fans? Are Stones fans more mature, more sophisticated?
There are @#$%& to be found at every stadium concert, especially when they serve beer in 1-Liter-pitchers. I also noticed a lot of young people acting, well, like you behave when you are 17, still in school somewhere else and rode the train to Vienna for hours to party your guts out.
I was in one of the first rows with a regular standing ticket. And sure, on one occasion there was some real crazy pushing and shoving, but a Security guy took care of it and virtually singlehandedly lifted the 100-kilo-dude over the railing before some serious fighting started. Is this unpleasant? Yes. Can you prevent it from happening by "choosing" the people who are standing next to you, especially when you are there by yourself (all of my Stones friends had "chickened out" on the occasion)??- No, you can´t do anything about it if somebody squeezes in later and starts to make trouble.
Stonesserb, have a great concert! Do take ear-plugs with you, you can always plug them out again when they get too silent winking smiley !!

Date: May 26, 2009 14:00

Gerda, I have nothing against pushing and jumping, it's a rock concert after all. And I'm 1,90m with 90kg, I am not worried. But this was far more, I'm talking serious fights and the security did nothing. I can safely say that people like that don't go to a Stones gig.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 26, 2009 14:02

thats because its hard to fight when holding a zimmer frame or picnic hamper

Posted by: wisertime ()
Date: May 26, 2009 14:36

I saw them in 2001 (Paris SDF show, where they played "Ride On" : I was not impressed, in fact it was one of the most boring shows I've ever seen. And I often listen to their albums, I know the songs, etc.

I think they lost it in the 90's. The '91 Live album was amazing, but nowadays Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd are not really at the top of their game. I wouldn't go see them anymore, even if I had a free ticket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-26 14:36 by wisertime.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: May 26, 2009 14:57

andy js you really are a sad "oih oih oih!" chap aren't you?

Why don't you f off to acdc land and go about removing that bug up your date. I like acdc alot but respect Lorenz's point of view - something you are incapable of doing.

At your next acadacca concert or pathetic "i can't live for the week if my football team loses" soccer match - go pick on a "zimmer frame" dude. It's the sort of thing that appears would really get you off.

I bet you're no taller than 5ft 8in.

Date: May 26, 2009 15:30

wisertime
I saw them in 2001 (Paris SDF show, where they played "Ride On" : I was not impressed, in fact it was one of the most boring shows I've ever seen. And I often listen to their albums, I know the songs, etc.

I think they lost it in the 90's. The '91 Live album was amazing, but nowadays Brian Johnson and Phil Rudd are not really at the top of their game. I wouldn't go see them anymore, even if I had a free ticket.

Here's a contrast. For me Paris 2001 was one of my AC/DC gig highlights, and i cannot stand that Live album from the Razors Edge tour. I @#$%& HATE it and TRE with all my being, mainly due to the swingless drumming of that bald twat they drafted in at the time

If it aint got Phil Rudd on the kit, its rarely worth shit in my eyes

Date: May 26, 2009 15:33

squando
andy js you really are a sad "oih oih oih!" chap aren't you?

Why don't you f off to acdc land and go about removing that bug up your date. I like acdc alot but respect Lorenz's point of view - something you are incapable of doing.

At your next acadacca concert or pathetic "i can't live for the week if my football team loses" soccer match - go pick on a "zimmer frame" dude. It's the sort of thing that appears would really get you off.

I bet you're no taller than 5ft 8in.

1. I've no idea what an "oih oih oih!" chap actually means ?. Not even sure how its pronounced either come to think of it

2. I've no idea what soccer is either. Did you mean football ?

3. What on earth is a bug up your date ?

cheers

Date: May 26, 2009 15:34

PS : you're right, i'm under 5ft 8" !

and i never take a picnic or zimmer to any gigs

Posted by: squando ()
Date: May 26, 2009 15:55

"1. I've no idea what an "oih oih oih!" chap actually means ?. Not even sure how its pronounced either come to think of it

3. What on earth is a bug up your date ?"

Now all you've done is confirm what most here believe about you anyway. Not only are you obnoxious - you are stupid too.

Posted by: folke ()
Date: May 26, 2009 16:14

I can't understand why the "Powerage"-ablum is ignored in the setlist. It doesn't make any sense. Most critics, most fans and even Angus Young thinks is one of the Top 3 AC/DC albums. Hasn't even Keith said he likes it?

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 26, 2009 16:53

This little fight that's going on here is quite entertaining. I'm laughing my arse off. Come on fellas, please don't stop!

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: May 26, 2009 17:03

Lorenz
Gerda, I have nothing against pushing and jumping, it's a rock concert after all. And I'm 1,90m with 90kg, I am not worried. But this was far more, I'm talking serious fights and the security did nothing. I can safely say that people like that don't go to a Stones gig.

Okay, then you seem to have had a really bad-luck-day! I got the impression that you want to tell us this is what typical AC/DC audience is like, while Stones audiences are always nice and easy. I can tell you that this is not the case - in Brno I almost got punched in my face when I tried to return to my place after I had gone to the loo. There were some more personal experiences like that on Stones tours. You are right, often individual security guys really did not give a shit.
I felt that AC/DC crowd was about 10-15 years younger at the average. I think in general, the older the fans are the less they are inclined to fight... but please let´s not fight over that now smoking smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 26, 2009 17:26

The Stones are in a completely different league than AC/DC. AC/DC may be funny at times, but they never ever reach the class of the Stones, even nowadays. I saw both bands in Hockenheim in 2003, the difference was obvious.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 26, 2009 17:34

mickijaggeroo
I remember another pissing incident...when Queen visited Sweden for the last time, on their It´s A Kind Of Magic Tour,
the gig was held at the Råsunda Football stadium. Treat (swedish metal act from back then) and Gary Moore opened
for Queen, and it was raining during all the time during those acts.
Anyway, all of the field was covered with tarp (don´t know if that´s the right word for big plastic sheets?), to protect the
grass under it. The consequence was that the rainwater flooded the whole field, like 3-5 centimeters deep.
And no portable wc:s on the field...we had FOS sort of, no further away from the stage then like 10 meters.
Directly in front of us there was 3 really drunk danes, with no plans on leaving for the nearest toilet...
And in front of them, a bunch of norwegians covered from head to toe in proper rainwear and rubber boots,
all set for the bad weather...until 2 of the danes could not hold it anymore, and relieved themselves on the back
of the the norwegians legs in front of them. The norwegians did´nt notice what happened as their rainwear was of the quite thick kind...
Anyway, when the gig was over, and me and my friends left, as soon as we got off the field, all our shoes went in to the nearest trashbin,
and we were barefoot until the next day, when the 3 of us walked in to a shoestore..barefoot of course, quite the sight.....

Another shining example of exemplary Viking behaviour. I approve totally. Piss on EVERYONE !!

Date: May 26, 2009 18:11

squando
"1. I've no idea what an "oih oih oih!" chap actually means ?. Not even sure how its pronounced either come to think of it

3. What on earth is a bug up your date ?"

Now all you've done is confirm what most here believe about you anyway. Not only are you obnoxious - you are stupid too.

Glad to be of service. But i'd still apreciate an answer to my 3 questions, because what you posted made no sense at all

Date: May 26, 2009 18:13

windmelody
The Stones are in a completely different league than AC/DC. AC/DC may be funny at times, but they never ever reach the class of the Stones, even nowadays. I saw both bands in Hockenheim in 2003, the difference was obvious.

Indeed it was, at last someone who tells it like it is

The way AC/DC blew the Stones away that day (and on the other 3 shows they did together) was certainly an eye opener for a lot of people

It was a brutal rock n roll knockout

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 26, 2009 18:18

Lorenz

thats true. but nowadays the stones attract fans who are shocked when someone lights a joint. babbitts allover.....

Date: May 26, 2009 18:49

andy js
windmelody

Indeed it was, at last someone who tells it like it is

The way AC/DC blew the Stones away that day (and on the other 3 shows they did together) was certainly an eye opener for a lot of people

It was a brutal rock n roll knockout

Mate, the Stones blew AC/DC away, not the other way around!

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 26, 2009 18:54

Do not mind "andy js", he is very funny

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 26, 2009 20:57

socialdistortion
Do not mind "andy js", he is very funny

I see that.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 26, 2009 21:17

anyone knows if the stones like acdc?

Date: May 26, 2009 21:20

steffiestones
anyone knows if the stones like acdc?

Keith does and Charlie commented positively on them once too.

Date: May 26, 2009 21:54

windmelody
Mate, the Stones blew AC/DC away, not the other way around!

that'd be the day!. Hockenheim was embarassing for the Stones, especially when so many people @#$%& off after the AC/DC set. but that was nothing comapred to Sarsfest massacre

whilst i appreciate this is a Stones board. its no good making shit up to make up for the bands lame performances on those few double headline shows

whilst i can understand why the Stones begged AC/DC and paid em a ton to help fill those stadiums, professionally it didn't exactly do em much good did it ?

i think the Sarsfest triumph was the actual moment the rock n roll torch was passed on for good. seems to have done wonders for AC/DC's popularity in Canada too. they've gone through the roff there attendance wise it seems

Date: May 26, 2009 23:25

Maybe you are an AC/DC fan, that is fine, I have never been to Toronto, but in Hockenheim the Stones did an autopilot show, I do not appreciate that, yet they were better than AC/DC, who sound the same every night, who move exactly the same way everynight. It is clear that the Stones' guitarists have serious problems nowadays, yet AC/DC will never play in the same league as the Stones.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: May 26, 2009 23:28

hmmmm, and i have ticks for their oslo show.
Don't know what do expect now.

-TomR

Date: May 26, 2009 23:29

Enjoy yourself!

Date: May 26, 2009 23:32

yeah, enjoy it! chances are, I would have enjoyed it as well, if it wasn't for the people around me. and well, don't expect anything as good as the stones smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2009 00:30

"i think the Sarsfest triumph was the actual moment the rock n roll torch was passed on for good"

Imho both bands sucked equally. Not a great day for music overall... More generally I admit Acdc is currently in better shape than the Stones but I won't buy the DVD of the tour when it's out (2011?)

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home