Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones "It's All Over Now" Pro-Shot Video , Big Beat 1963-1964
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 13, 2009 19:45

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-12 14:07 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Rolling Stones "It's All Over Now" Pro-Shot Video , Big Beat 1963-1964
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 14, 2009 09:44

This is what the Stones followed (at least in the Movie and on the DVD)

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: April 15, 2009 03:29

Again, thanks for the clips. The story goes the band made the audience wait and wait because the skinny white English boys had a problem following the great James Brown.

Posted by: beatbabe ()
Date: April 15, 2009 05:21

It was well worth the wait though! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 15, 2009 12:27

Watching those TAMI show clips - it makes me thinking that those could be the best moments of their whole career. I maean, they got different, and developed and all, but basically, I don't think they got any better as a tight band as they then were.

Forget James Brown - the poor guy got NO ANY chance when those five guys hit the stage and showed the world what is ROCK AND ROLL TODAY AND TOMORROW. They were a five-head monster in which each part was an important organ part of the whole. I don't think any rock band prior and after - including themselves - would give such a lesson of the idea of ROCK band. And they are so bloody natural and 'innocent - even though they have never been more rebellous and dangerous.

I think that best captured moments of the Stones EVER are the TAMI show and the 1964 Pool Winner's performance. Their lost their original tightness quite quickly - the difference can be heard in their 1965 Pool Winner's concert and also in their BBC recordings during the era. It took until 1969 they found the tightness again within a new scheme. But that is another story.

My point - to repeat - is that what is incredible and great in those TAMI clips is basically the thing that makes the Stones such an unique rock band (and greatest of them all, and the first and the last, to quote Dylangrinning smiley). The elixir needed is there, and it has been the same elixir ever since when they happen to hit the heights, be it later during Taylor or Wood-era. It is beyond my linguistic capacities to describe that.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-15 12:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Ya-Yas ()
Date: April 15, 2009 21:40

Hey, what happened to the Big beat files? Was this one considered official and therefore got banned/deleted?

Anyway, wonderful stuff altogether, great performances from other artists as well. Nevertheless, The Stones are outstanding. On the other hand, Doxa´s got a good point.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1506
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home