Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: New Design R.S. " Official " Web-Site
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: May 11, 2010 16:27

About Let It Bleed:

There's an exception, of course: Brian Jones contributed nothing meaningful to Let It Bleed, was too out of it to play his instruments anymore, even when he did try to turn up to sessions, and died long before the album was released. So it goes.
Here they're just being nasty to Brian. His contributions may have been very limited, but they weren't meaningless.

Re: Anyone seen this?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2010 16:56

Mathijs
His Majesty
Wow, check the other new galleries too.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Vox Foundation Bass head, probably the one used throughout 1967 - 1968.

Fantastic! But I am actually shocked on how the stuff looks -it has been dumped there 35 years ago and never touched again. Look at the corrosion on those Ampegs!

Mathijs

I guess you guys wouldn't mind to give a try to some of those stuff...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2010 17:01

Wtaching those "warehouses" that are said to be hidden around the globe... what a collection of culture history there is!

I hope someday there will be a proper Rolling Stones museum where all this extremily exciting stuff is presented. For example, the ex-Olympic Studios could be a nice location for all that...

- Doxa

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 11, 2010 17:03

As a member of the rolling stones fanclub you could log in to see your (membership-)details. Is it me that i can't find it on the new website? And what if there would be a new announcement of gigs, how could you get your passcode? And what about discussing things with other members in the community-part?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 11, 2010 17:16

Although it didn't work quite right on their old website, I did like the idea of a timeline.

Miss that...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 11, 2010 17:20

skyhawk
As a member of the rolling stones fanclub you could log in to see your (membership-)details. Is it me that i can't find it on the new website? And what if there would be a new announcement of gigs, how could you get your passcode?

Perhaps they have no intention of touring again.

If I remember correctly, the memberships were renewed automatically (if your credit card was on file) during the first week of May.
I haven't heard anyone complaining yet about their credit card being charged.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 11, 2010 18:43

Addicted
Gazza
Addicted
Gazza
Addicted
[www.rollingstones.com]
Very good news that Universal have taken control over the rs.com!
I guess the Stones must have listened to all the harsh comments about how Ultrastar ran the fan club. In the end they couldn't continue the way it was under the Ultrastar and Cohl-infected system.
So, raise your glasses and say FINALLY! Cheers.
And prepare for an announcement...
Use the search button here and see what they did in 2002 and 2005 before tour announcement! They closed down the site, and...

Please tell me you're not seriously suggesting that a tour announcement is imminent.

Gazza, we both know that a tour was in the planning, (start late 2010) but unfortunately, "things" got in the way. A lot of work's already been done regarding the logistics, arenas and even stage design, I believe. We've already discussed this in another thread, some months back, and I think I recall you writing that you too knew that a tour was being planned, that work had been done and that slthough they announced that there "will be no tour in 2010" they would not have to start planning a new tour from scratch... I could find the thread if I made a search.... Searched - and here it is: [www.iorr.org]

Er, quite true but its no longer 'imminent' - the timing of the re-design has more to do with a label change,the hype surrounding the Exile reissue and what will probably be subsequent archives projects.

I'm glad theyve dumped that atrocity of an Ultrastar site and this one (so far) looks to be an improvement, but nothing major is going to happen with regard to anything 'new' from the band for quite a while yet. Thats my point. smiling smiley

Ok, so we're glad Ultrastar and the crooks are out - and that the new site looks a lot better. I guess they listened to some of the critizism from people on this site, for instance. Everyone hated the scam Ultrastar was behind. I can't even imagine what kind of money they've practically stolen from us... This of course even made the Stones open their eyes to who they had hired to do the job. I know it's been discussed within the band sphere.
Anyway: I read Keith saying they're going to go out and play. "Yes, I've heard rumours!" But not this year. Since the Stones fiscal year starts in September - and therefore most of their touring activities also start in the beginning of September, so 2011 - September. Does that qualify as a qualified guess?

That would certainly be the most likely option IMO - to tie in with a summer 2012 finale in the olde worlde. smileys with beer

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: May 11, 2010 22:48

Guess we'll both be there... smileys with beer (if the planes can get past Iceland!)
My guess is they'll do a handfull of shows at the Garden in September, probably something in Toronto, maybe LA, Chicago. Probably NOT a traditional tour.
A long break for Christmas. Europe early summer? They'll probably go for the territories where there's still plenty of money. I guess Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland are out of the question if they're heading for countries with stong economies. A lot's changed after the financial crisis, and now recently with the debt problems in certain countries within the Euro zone. This could mean that Scandinavia could get a handfull of shows. If you think this sounds far fetched - Michael Cohl and Mick Jagger have probably already checked the OECD ratings.
London Olympics - O2? Wembley? Wild guesses? Not that wild, actually. Guesses built on fiscal thinking - something the band's not unfamiliar with.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: May 11, 2010 23:09

Blueranger
CHECK OUT THOSE PICS OF MULTI TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cow Palace´75 multitracks

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 11, 2010 23:27

A few minutes looking at the new site I come to the conclusion they still employe the same person who came up with the idea, and wrote the booklet for Rarities! I guess when you are that big you just don't give a @#$%&. Look at the old gear??!!!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 12, 2010 00:56

"The Tour of the Americas '75 had its uniqueness, just like every other tour. For a start, Mick Taylor was gone, never to return (or almost never anyway, see the 1981 Some Girls Tour for his one and only reunion gig) - and in his place, heeeeeeere’s Ronnie!"
[www.rollingstones.com]

Sure there´s the need for some editing and fine tuning...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 12, 2010 03:16

Edith Grove

If I remember correctly, the memberships were renewed automatically (if your credit card was on file) during the first week of May.
I haven't heard anyone complaining yet about their credit card being charged.

My understanding is they *did* charge automatically through March or so and then stopped, sending a note to some that their legacy memberships are still in effect.

Date: May 12, 2010 03:19

Does membership have any privileges?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 12, 2010 03:49

For an official site, it really is quite disrespectful in some parts towards past members of the band. Guess it's a fair representation of the band themselves after all.

thumbs down

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: May 13, 2010 15:13

From time to time i took a look for my membershipdetails to see when i purchased my passcode, how long i was a member, etc. It gave me a good feeling; don't ask me why. Now all this is gone.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-13 15:14 by skyhawk.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: May 13, 2010 15:39

Saw a pic from about 2002 somewhere in the 1972 tour gallery page. Nice! But the site does look snazzier now.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 15:42

skyhawk
From time to time i took a look for my membershipdetails to see when i purchased my passcode, how long i was a member, etc. It gave me a good feeling; don't ask me why. Now all this is gone.....

Don't worry too much, check the news section! winking smiley

Date: May 13, 2010 18:09

JumpingKentFlash
I hope that they will finally make use of a black background. It looks best with pics and especially the tongue. I liked the old one, but it was too messy here and there (the archive pages really had issues). I hope they do the new one so logical that even a tosser like me would be able to find my way through all kinds of great videos and reads.

It seems you've been heard about the backround.
Ok, it's great for pics, but to read a text... You need sunglasses, lol!

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: May 13, 2010 20:45

They announced video exclusove on 15th Mai - Following the river!!

Date: May 13, 2010 21:31

Does anyone know who the stripper is on the cover of the album? I am just curious
who she is and if she posed for this somewhere.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 13, 2010 21:55

The site acknowledges eight full-fledged Stones over the years:

Mick Jagger (1962-Present)
Brian Jones (1962-1969)
Keith Richards (1962-Present)
Ian Stewart (1962-1985)
Mick Taylor (1969-1974)
Charlie Watts (1962-Present)
Ronnie Wood (1975-Present)
Bill Wyman (1962-1992)

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: May 13, 2010 22:59

Don Was (1993-2010)
Did they kick him out recently?

Date: May 14, 2010 03:07

RollingStonesLady
Does anyone know who the stripper is on the cover of the album? I am just curious
who she is and if she posed for this somewhere.

Tanya Tassles.

Interestingly, she's still at work, even though she's older and the tassles hang somewhat lower. And she's working those at that same joint... but now she sweeps the floor.

Posted by: m1cawber ()
Date: May 14, 2010 13:31

FolkyFireKitten1
skyhawk

I have scoured the "News" section but can only find comments from concerned members now in EXILE....I cannot find a response, am I missing something?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 14, 2010 23:52

m1cawber
FolkyFireKitten1
skyhawk

I have scoured the "News" section but can only find comments from concerned members now in EXILE....I cannot find a response, am I missing something?

A few of you have asked about the former members area: We wanted to say that we're in the process of gathering the details together and will contact you directly to let you know what's happening. Please just stick with us while we get everything sorted out.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Date: May 15, 2010 17:40

Did you receive a newsletter about the new video?
If you scroll down, you'll see this:

---------------
Have some feedback?

If you want to talk to us about anything to do with The Rolling Stones website then you can contact us on the email address below.
Email: admin@rollingstones.com

FAQs | Contact us | Returns | Terms & Conditions | Legal Information | Security & Privacy

This mailing is from Rolling Stones to FolkyFireKitten1@XXXXX.XXX.
If you want to STOP receiving emails click here: STOP ALL COMMUNICATIONS
If you wish to amend your own details on the database click here: UPDATE MY DETAILS
--------------

I thought the password would be the same as when it was for the old site, but it doesn't work. And when I ask for my password, not only they ask me a question that I never had to answer before, but I can't write down any username as it is asked for.

Does anyone have the same problem? Many thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-28 10:25 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home