Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: The Stones in Cannes France to promote Exile
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 3, 2010 18:05

Sorry,
dont want to be negative, but the Stones cant be bothered.
They wont be there !!

bye jeroen

Posted by: MoiParis ()
Date: May 4, 2010 09:47

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 4, 2010 10:46

MoiParis
an exhibition in Paris

http://www.lagaleriedelinstant.com/artist/detail/18

[www.iorr.org]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 4, 2010 11:37

MoiParis
an exhibition in Paris

I ordered the exposition catalogue which is called Rocks Off, seems very nice.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 4, 2010 12:28

"I ordered the exposition catalogue which is called Rocks Off, seems very nice."

A tad expensive but very nice indeed. And each copy is signed by Tarlé hot smiley

Date: May 4, 2010 12:58

dcba
"I ordered the exposition catalogue which is called Rocks Off, seems very nice."

A tad expensive but very nice indeed. And each copy is signed by Tarlé hot smiley

Yes it is expensive. The most expensive expo catalogue I've seen.

Hope I wont be disappointed.

Re: The Stones in France !
Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: May 4, 2010 15:33

SwayStones
xke38
Accomodation should be a bit difficult to find at such short notice during the festival.

They might have to sleep on the sofa(s) at Bill's house in St. Paul de Vence, in which case it would be rude not to take him along too.

It's Charlie's place actually .

Does Charlie also have a place there?

Date: May 5, 2010 11:52

xke38
SwayStones
xke38
Accomodation should be a bit difficult to find at such short notice during the festival.

They might have to sleep on the sofa(s) at Bill's house in St. Paul de Vence, in which case it would be rude not to take him along too.

It's Charlie's place actually .

Does Charlie also have a place there?
Sorry ,I was kidding actually.
Charlie had a place in "le département du Guard" .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 5, 2010 11:54

The screenings will be on May the 19th , Palais Stéphanie, 5 pm & 7:30 pm .

Date: May 5, 2010 14:18

hi,
where can i order the catalogue and what is the price??
jeroen

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: May 5, 2010 17:09

Huge damages yesterday on all the french Riviera after a strong storm.
Cannes and Nice beaches are now quite gone with the waves !

The President of the Cannes Film Festival hopes that most of important places will be repaired in just one week for the opening of the Festival.

The Canal+ TV stage buildt on the sand 'll be perhaps unavailable the first days of the Festival (many live musical sets are scheduled on this stage, including Courtney Love).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-05 17:12 by Massimo68.

Date: May 5, 2010 17:46

corriecas
hi,
where can i order the catalogue and what is the price??
jeroen

[www.expositionphoto.net]

It cost 80 euros + S&H

Date: May 5, 2010 18:04

I never saw this kind of waves in this area :

This photo was taken in Nice ,but I know the city of Cannes very well -I was there already with my bucket & spade when Keith was there in 1967 ....
The beaches are narrow,I mean not large & restaurants are erected just in front of the sea.

Date: May 5, 2010 18:38

thanx, too much for me
bye
jeroen

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: May 6, 2010 11:34

"Rocks off" is the catalogue for Tarle's Exhibition, not for the upcoming Tarle/Russell exhibition!

Date: May 8, 2010 20:06

According to :
[www.leparisien.fr]

Mick Jagger will come alone in Cannes .

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 8, 2010 20:15

Translated by Google....................................

Farewell concert giant hopes on the steps of the Palace! Contrary to what had been announced last month, all the Rolling Stones will not be on the Croisette next week, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood did not finally making the trip. Only Mick Jagger will submit to the Director's Fortnight "Stones in Exile," a documentary by Stephen Kijak on the record on the Cote d'Azur from their album "Exile on Main Street", released in 1972.

Date: May 8, 2010 20:50

NICOS
Translated by Google....................................

Farewell concert giant hopes on the steps of the Palace! Contrary to what had been announced last month, all the Rolling Stones will not be on the Croisette next week, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood did not finally making the trip. Only Mick Jagger will submit to the Director's Fortnight "Stones in Exile," a documentary by Stephen Kijak on the record on the Cote d'Azur from their album "Exile on Main Street", released in 1972.

NICOS ,hope you won't mind if I correct the first words of your google translation winking smiley

NO ,the Stones aren't going to give a farewell concert on the steps of "le Palais des festivals " :-))

"Adieu les espoirs de concert géant sur les marches du Palais" can be translated like this :
Goodbye ,all hopes of seeing a big gig /show on the steps of ...

NICOS, I hope that no one had a heart attack by reading "farewell concert" :-))))

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: May 13, 2010 16:29

Thank GOD! A fan with a reasonable answer! I hope that the people who keep insisting that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman start showing up and playing with them read your post and comprehend it!
Be Grateful that the Stones are still around to give us great Music, and to be able to see them live every few years! Man you can't say that about a lot of bands so enjoy them while we have them cause like I've said, one day they wont be here and that will be terrible. So until that day comes enjoy them!
Luv,
Mickschick
(the original one,
colleen)

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: May 13, 2010 17:54

I read the documentary will be broadcast on french channel France 5 next june 10 at 8.35 pm.

YM

Date: May 13, 2010 18:05

Yazid Manou
I read the documentary will be broadcast on french channel France 5 next june 10 at 8.35 pm.

YM

[www.iorr.org]

Yeah ,the Frenchies already know it,since I posted it this morning winking smiley
It seems Honestman is the only one Frenchie who can read French grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-14 10:16 by SwayStones.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 14, 2010 03:04

MoiParis
an exhibition in Paris

Wow !!

2 of my absolute favourite (Stones) photographers together!
Would love to go or get a poster/program!

Posted by: readymade ()
Date: May 14, 2010 18:24

when is jagger arriving in cannes?

Date: May 14, 2010 18:38

readymade
when is jagger arriving in cannes?

He is supposed to arrive on Wed.the 19th ,but alone .

The week after Cannes in Amsterdam for elaborating recording plans?
Date: May 14, 2010 23:25

The Flemish journalist Peter Mestach contributes today in the Belgian so-called 'high quality' journal "De Standaard' - on its backside page - to the re_edition of Exile. In a separate column 'Nog meer Stones' (Some more Stones) he states that 'the Stones' (not only Jagger???) are exspected next week at the Cannes festival, and that immediately afterwards they leave for Amsterdam to elaborate the first plans for the recordings of a new album and that new concerts shouldn't be exspected before summer of 2011. He also mentions the apparition of the next DVD 'Ladies and gentlemen' in october 2010 with some excerpts of XXXXXXXXXX blues.

Re: The week after Cannes in Amsterdam for elaborating recording plans?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 15, 2010 01:13

waaromgeefikzoveelgeldaandestones

5 years registered and your first post !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 15, 2010 03:53

found it.
[www.standaard.be]

Nog meer Stones

* vrijdag 14 mei 2010

Wie 100 euro veil heeft voor een ‘super deluxe edition' van Exile on Main Street, krijgt daar de cd, een vijftig pagina's tellend fotoboek, een vinyl versie van de plaat én een extra dvd bij.
Maar opgepast, die dvd is niet meer dan een teaser voor Stones on Exile, de eerste van twee nog te verschijnen essentiële Stones-dvd's op het Eagle-label. Die documentaire over de opnamesessies van het album verschijnt volgende maand.

Ladies and gentlemen, de tweede dvd, komt begin oktober uit. Het is niets minder dan de legendarische, onuitgegeven concertfilm van de Amerikaanse Exile-tournee, waarin stukken van de cultklassieker ‘@#$%& Blues' verwerkt zitten.

En business goes on. Er wordt gefluisterd dat volgend jaar ook Sticky Fingers deluxe-behandeling krijgt. Intussen worden de Stones eind volgende week op het filmfestival van Cannes verwacht. Meteen daarna gaan ze in Amsterdam de eerste plannen voor de opnamen van een nieuw studio-album uitwerken. Concerten worden niet voor de zomer van 2011 verwacht.

Re: Mick (only) in Cannes France to promote Exile
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 15, 2010 04:09

CANNES, France (May 14) -- Mick Jagger, about to arrive at the Cannes Film Festival for a screening of a documentary about the making of the classic 1972 Rolling Stones album "Exile on Main Street," said next week's release of an expanded edition of the record will include 10 songs left behind the first time around. ...snip

While in Cannes, billionaire Paul Allen (who owns a home on St. Jean Cap Ferrat, a 10-minute walk from Nellcote) will be hosting a bash for Jagger and the film.
The other Stones are not expected in Cannes.

[www.aolnews.com]

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 15, 2010 11:04

SwayStones
...the Frenchies already know it,since I posted it this morning winking smiley
It seems Honestman is the only one Frenchie who can read French grinning smiley

grinning smiley Hopefully for me, btw you're perfectly right and I know you're workin' hard for us with all your search, I'm simply amazed sometimes to see, how many (French) people read your posts without posting a comment, that's probably the world of today , or our speciality in FRANCE, the great sharers are not in our country winking smiley

HMN

Date: May 15, 2010 11:11

Honestman
I'm simply amazed sometimes to see, how many (French) people read your posts without posting a comment, that's probably the world of today , or our speciality in FRANCE, the great sharers are not in our country winking smiley

smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home