Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is it really Mick Taylor?
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:12

Is it really Mick Taylor on Plundered my soul? To me some parts sounds like Ronnie. In fact, if it wasn't for Mick Jaggers voice, the sound of the song reminds me a lot about Faces, and especially some parts of the guitar work. The song is great, but I understand why it didn't join the others on the original Exile. It's always nice and exiting with new material from the band, and are highly welcomed, but I would rather have a completely new song, than a song that was originally skipped by the band.

Anyway, to me some parts of the guitar work sounds a lot like Ronnie. Could that be the case?

Re: Is it really Mick Taylor?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:13

no, we've got credits. surely not Ronnie!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:16

NedKelly
Is it really Mick Taylor on Plundered my soul? To me some parts sounds like Ronnie. In fact, if it wasn't for Mick Jaggers voice, the sound of the song reminds me a lot about Faces, and especially some parts of the guitar work. The song is great, but I understand why it didn't join the others on the original Exile. It's always nice and exiting with new material from the band, and are highly welcomed, but I would rather have a completely new song, than a song that was originally skipped by the band.

Anyway, to me some parts of the guitar work sounds a lot like Ronnie. Could that be the case?

confused smiley

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:17

NedKelly

Is this your first post ever?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:22

Come on give him no break...he is new.........no it's not Ronnie

Date: April 19, 2010 22:31

It's even more like Ronnies solo stuff. Just listen to Got my own album to do, and compare the guitar sound. It's very similar to "Taylors" sound on this one. Also this one is completely different from Taylors signature sound on Sticky, Exile and so on...

By the way, I might be new here, but I'm not new to the Stones sound... No need to give me a break, I know what I hear. smiling smiley

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:33

I wrote the same some days ago.

I always associate to Cancel Everything and Act Together when I hear PMS.

Date: April 19, 2010 22:37

Bärs

Thank you! The sound is just so very similar. I think also the beginning of the song is very Ronnie. Could it be another trade song, like It's only rock'n roll/I can feel the fire?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-19 22:38 by NedKelly.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:42

........is RW still a Rolling Stone?

Date: April 19, 2010 22:46

NedKelly
Bärs

Thank you! The sound is just so very similar. I think also the beginning of the song is very Ronnie. Could it be another trade song, like It's only rock'n roll/I can feel the fire?

Nothing would surpise me about PMS. I quite like it as a piece of music, but there is something odd with it.

Btw, I just listened to Cancel Everything and Act Together. Beautiful music. God bless Ronnie.

Date: April 19, 2010 22:48

Bärs
NedKelly
Bärs

Nothing would surpise me about PMS. I quite like it as a piece of music, but there is something odd with it.

Btw, I just listened to Cancel Everything and Act Together. Beautiful music. God bless Ronnie.

AMEN! thumbs up

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 19, 2010 22:52

NedKelly
It's even more like Ronnies solo stuff. Just listen to Got my own album to do, and compare the guitar sound. It's very similar to "Taylors" sound on this one. Also this one is completely different from Taylors signature sound on Sticky, Exile and so on...

By the way, I might be new here, but I'm not new to the Stones sound... No need to give me a break, I know what I hear. smiling smiley

thumbs up

by the way, a great album. I like it very much smiling smiley
Taylor played on it, too. & Keith.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:20

It is.

- Doxa

Date: April 19, 2010 23:23

That's what we try to say but he won't listen

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:24

No way it's not. I know the Twins have stolen from Ronnie over the years, but to ask him to come in and lay down some licks and then give the credit to MT??!?! No way. Even Mick and Keef wouldn't stoop that low.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:24

Amused
NedKelly

thumbs up

by the way, a great album. I like it very much smiling smiley

I hear it too, Ned Kelly. It is kind of Wood-like, or Faces-like, if you like.
Taylor played on it, too. & Keith.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:26

It sounds like typical Taylor to me. I never thought of it being anybody else.

Date: April 19, 2010 23:28

And by the way - let Ronnie beat up his whatever latest teenager girl sweehtheart as much as he wants, while we discuss one of the greatest rock albums ever made. Ronnie is a great guy, a Rolling Sone and anything, but he is as big @#$%&,little fan boy as me as far as EXILE is concerned.

- Doxa

Date: April 19, 2010 23:31

NICOS
That's what we try to say but he won't listen

That's what we try to say but he they won't listen

At least we got Mick Taylor back and then they begin arguing that it's RW confused smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:38

LMFAO Good one, Nicos!!

I can't wait to see what this holds for any new tour.....

Date: April 19, 2010 23:43

I don't think it's Wood at all, it just sounds a little Woodish. Doesn't help that the verses sound a bit like Faces, but still a greaty track with Taylor.

Date: April 19, 2010 23:46

Doxa
And by the way - let Ronnie beat up his whatever latest teenager girl sweehtheart as much as he wants, while we discuss one of the greatest rock albums ever made. Ronnie is a great guy, a Rolling Sone and anything, but he is as big @#$%&,little fan boy as me as far as EXILE is concerned.

- Doxa

But do you really think that this song has something to do with Exile?

Date: April 19, 2010 23:50

Bärs
Doxa

- Doxa

But do you really think that this song has something to do with Exile?

Absolutely. No doubt it.

- Doxa

Date: April 19, 2010 23:53

It's both Taylor on lead & rhythm.
No Keith involved.

Date: April 19, 2010 23:54

Where is Mathijs when we need him?

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:56

I think it sounds a bit like Tumbling Dice.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 20, 2010 00:03

Well ... I wonder .... Maybe Jimmy Miller on drums instead of Charlie? The drums sound a bit different, even odd as well. And what about the bass? Is that really Wyman? He wasn't that much involved in Exile and that bass playing could easily be Darryl Jones. Nicky Hopkins is mentioned but is it really him? He's not very well audible, isn't he, and he's also dead. And didn't Keith say that we better don't believe the things Mick says? And aren't the credits written by Mick? So are the credits really credible ...?

There's really something odd with this song, with The Rolling Stones. So I wouldn't be surprised if Mick Taylor turned out to be Wood who, for once in his life as a Stone, surpassed himself amazingly and looked like Taylor, as for his playing. You never know. Don't trust anybody!

Date: April 20, 2010 00:33

NICOS

Not this time.
No Keith involved. 100% shure.

Date: April 20, 2010 00:41

Amsterdamned
NICOS

Not this time.

How can you be? Maybe Keith is only on acoustic? I think rhythm is Jagger.

Date: April 20, 2010 01:03

71Tele
Amsterdamned
NICOS

Not this time.

How can you be? Maybe Keith is only on acoustic? I think rhythm is Jagger.

What's wrong with people telling the facts?
Amen!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home