Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The video -clip of PLUNDERED MY SOUL on April the 19th .
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2010 17:57

i just saw the video on you tube this morning and it was good .also i just heard plundered my soul on my local classic rock station wpyx-106 fm and it sounded so good pumping thru the big speakers with some mega wattage .wow killer i cant wait for this to hit the stores big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:00

SwayStones
open-g

It's a teaser and appetiser and preview (same as the 7" vinyl ) for selling a whole damn expensive deluxe set, including DVD footage material and whatnot...
there's more to come and in marketing you don't wanna give everything away with the first blow.

Do you mean the R.S machine is on again ?

Not yet - but I'd think they will be on it soon.
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:15

Since accepting the PMS video mostly as an advertisement for the soon-to-be-released EOMS packages, I'm liking it much more. Would any other kind of clip actually print out the refrain on the screen at each chorus like a karaoke ?

My first comments read back somewhat knee-jerk or maybe just jerk... But the video is alright. The song is cool and kind of catchy despite its flaws. The original EOMS has some "flaws" I suppose... & that's what's one of the things that's great about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 18:16 by schillid.

Date: April 20, 2010 18:23

>>Would any other kind of clip actually print out the refrain on the screen at each chorus like a karaoke ?<<

Bob Dylan comes to mind re. the first karaoke version winking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:30

open-g
SwayStones
open-g

It's a teaser and appetiser and preview (same as the 7" vinyl ) for selling a whole damn expensive deluxe set, including DVD footage material and whatnot...
there's more to come and in marketing you don't wanna give everything away with the first blow.

Do you mean the R.S machine is on again ?

Yes,that's what I meant ,I am glad you got it even if I forgot to write "money" after "machine" .....winking smiley

Not yet - but I'd think they will be on it soon.
[www.iorr.org]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:34

open-g
>>Would any other kind of clip actually print out the refrain on the screen at each chorus like a karaoke ?<<

Bob Dylan comes to mind re. the first karaoke version winking smiley

Okay, point taken... Dylan may have used printed words on the screen a wee bit more thoughtfully

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 20, 2010 20:08

barbabang
Lorenz
open-g
Lorenz
I was just expecting a bit more effort. A music video should have something that catches your attention, tells a story - like Anybody Seen My Baby. What we got is a slideshow, what value does that add? Why would anyone show it on a TV channel? What purpose does it serve to release a video that won't be picked up by any TV channel (or perhaps, be played once because of the novelty value of a "new" Stones song).

it's not a slide show.
actually it's styled graphically, moving and turning in pace.
it fits the concept of the EOMS cover and serves the song.

...now show me a clip that a 10 y/o did better.eye rolling smiley

I'm sorry, I don't agree. The rule is that if you want to sell something, your marketing better be good, I don't think (and the numbers show that) it is.

The stones don't expect to make a hit or huge sell just with the single I pressume, hence the limited release of the 7" (numbered in the usa and only for recordstoreday)
It could be a small hit with good airplay (more than SOL from A Bigger Bang) The video is nicely done I think, and it is a marketing tool for the new EOMS release
(are not all videoclips teasers or marketing tools in essence?)
I quite like the puzzle effect of all the short clips in the video myself.

And to add: the marketing tool works, as I haven't seen sSO much of the Stones in years in the media. It's everywhere you look and listen -the Stones revive Exile, and it seems big news!

Mathijs

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: April 20, 2010 20:52

Where does all the footage come from? Like the one with Charlie playing with the hangers? And at 3:01? It looks like Ladies and Gentlemen but the camera angle is from the side?

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: April 20, 2010 20:53

I love it! It's so full of memories!! I would say "Great Times!" but my parents hadn't even met each other back then. Haha! Great footage, puts a smile on your face.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:21

Interesting...

Iconic Rolling Stones Promo Features Rare Archive Footage

Multi award-winning Nexus Director Jonas Odell has created a clever new promo for The Rolling Stones soon-to-be-released archive track Plundered My Soul. The track is taken from their classic album Exile on Main St., which is to be reissued next month, supplemented by ten previously unheard songs.

The music video's animated collage style takes the iconic cover artwork from the original 'Exile on Main St.' as its inspiration.The cut-up montage style presents archive stills and moving footage of the band that take us on a nostalgic but epic journey through a very special era in The Rolling Stones’ history.

The movement of the camera becomes part of the choreography of the video, as it slows during the quieter parts of the song and picks up speed as the track gathers intensity. As the song builds Jonas plays around within the format of the collage with the various images forming patterns and introducing depth moves to let the camera truck into one image to reveal another set of images at the end.

Jonas also shot some new footage inspired by some of the stills from the original album, giving a sense that even the burlesque performers of the original art work have come alive. As the song comes to a close the tempo of the camera slows down and we land on what looks like the original cover again complete with the famous red Exile on Main St. handwritten text.

"I've always liked the cover design for Exile on Main St. a lot," said Director Jonas Odell. "It is the most iconic of the Stones' album covers, and seeing that the track is one of several previously unreleased tracks from the Exile sessions, it felt appropriate to use the graphic formula of that cover. The promo is a collage of stills and documentary footage from the period, so it's a bit like the album cover comes alive and tells the story of The Rolling Stones on tour."

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:31

Do other people see Frank tour clips that aren't in CS Blues? For example, the exterior Nashville auditorium shot at about 2:45? Maybe the "making of" special will have plenty of film outtakes we've never seen, including hopefully fresh concert action.

[Sorry I missed earlier posts/finds by LieB and yorkey on the new content.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-21 00:42 by stoneslib.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:51

The shot at about .48 of Mick onstage holding a bottle is new to me,or at least i cant place it.

I really cant wait for Stones in Exile

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:54

HalfNanker
HalfNanker
maumau
Question: whos the black girl with afro hair that appears at 2:15-2:16?

Isn't that Marsha Hunt??

Marsha Hunt: [www.google.com]

Angela Davis: [www.google.com]

Hard to tell, I'd have to watch the video again, but Davis was either on the run, in p[rison or on trial between 1970 and 1972, so assuming the clips are from 1971 early 1972, I doubt it is her!

Got the impression its taken on tour, by which time she would have been out - although I've never heard of her hanging out with the Stones and the girl in the video is prettier. Doubt its Marsha Hunt either. I;d have assumed she would have been persona non grata on the road after Mick's marriage to Bianca. Probably a crew member/make up girl.

As for the video - dont think anyone's mentioned it yet, but the video version is quite definitely a different mix, with Taylor's guitar much less prominent.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:08

Gazza wrote:

As for the video - dont think anyone's mentioned it yet, but the video version is quite definitely a different mix, with Taylor's guitar much less prominent.

Indeed, the 7" is a different mix. Muddier, and less detailed. Could this be an 'homage' to those early 7" mixes from EOMS?

Date: April 21, 2010 01:12

I don't think so.
That's most likely due to more compression in the video. they probably use 128 kbsec mp3 for the audio.
the vinyl and CD have more dynamic range.

picture this: a crowd in a room needs a pic taken. all heads and faces should be seen.
now theres one guy (StonesTod for instance) towering one head over the crowd.
so the hydraulic floor moves up till evry head of the crowd touches the ceilling - bingo.
some folks may be standing on their toes and some have to duck - but all faces can be seen.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:19

open-g
I don't think so.
That's most likely due to more compression in the video. they probably use 128 kbsec mp3 for the audio.

picture this: a crowd in a room needs a pic taken. all heads and faces should be seen.
so the hydraulic floor moves up till evry head of the crowd touches the ceilling - bingo.
some folks may be standing on their toes and some have to duck - but all faces can be seen.

I have a lot of vinyl with dynamic range (Supertramp, etc) to my ears this 7" doesn't sound 'open'like a lot of other dynamic music on vinyl. But hey, now we got two versions, the more the merrier.I think this muddy sound I'm hearing on the 7" is a sort of homage to the mixes of EOMSwinking smiley

Date: April 21, 2010 11:39

There are some interesting seconds on the video I hadn't noticed before ....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 21, 2010 13:26

open-g
I don't think so.

That's a good point, but will an acoustic guitar track almost disappear because of a bit compression?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 21, 2010 15:39

I like the video a lot!

I disagree with the video creator that Exile is the most iconic of their record covers - that would be Sticky Fingers.

Also - I would agree that the girl is neither Marsha or Angela but I don't know who she is.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 21, 2010 17:40

this would be fun if the glimmers convened to make a new video for plundered my soul .have the five of them (yes mick taylor,and bill wyman) and have them play the song live and film it for a video using the new track as the music.by the way i do like the OFFICAL VIDEO that is on you tube check it out !

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 21, 2010 17:43

Anyone know if this video will be available for download on itunes or something? I think I'll like it more in High definition.

Date: April 22, 2010 19:03

Jonas Odell did the video clip ,didn't he ? It looks like the U2 clip , "Window in the Sky", with 3D After Effects .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: edfeldsott ()
Date: April 23, 2010 00:41

It was great that Mick Jagger asked Mick Taylor to play on Plunder My Soul. Now he should ask him to re-join the band. I am sure Mick Taylor would be delighted. It is a win win for everyone. How many people would love to see the Stones one more time with Mick Taylor?

Date: April 23, 2010 01:00

I am getting high hopes for the Exile film; because in the video there seems to be some great unseen footage.
I love this song.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home