Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22
Re: Wymans bass too generic on PMS
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 26, 2010 05:40

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-26 05:41 by melillo.

Is Plundered My Soul
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: April 25, 2010 20:43

I havent downlaoded it yet but what is all the hype about. Is this track really that good like Brown Sugar.

Re: Is Plundered My Soul
Date: April 25, 2010 20:47

like brown sugar??? nooooo!

but it's a decent enough track.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 25, 2010 20:57

Like I said in another post, PMS is not a bad little song, but in the grand scheme of things, it is just a very tiny blip in the context of the huge and glorious Stones catalogue. It is receiving a lot more attention than it rightfully deserves; if it was on ABB it would have received no more attention than, say, "Rain Falls Down". Just my two cents.

Drew

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 26, 2010 02:13

It's certainly not as good as Save Me!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 26, 2010 02:15

Are you tippsy?

Date: April 26, 2010 02:36

Who, me?

Date: April 26, 2010 02:42

No Tipps (y)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 26, 2010 02:46

It depends what you mean by "new"...

Taylor Guitar Too Aggressive
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: April 26, 2010 02:55

I love the new Stones song, Plundered My Soul. But I suddenly realized what I do not like about PMS. Mick Taylor's guitar work, as usual, is excellent, but at the same time it is too loud, incessant, overwhelming, and intrusive. It detracts from Jagger and the self harmonizing, the rhythm machine of Watts and Wyman, Keith's playing, and the piano. In fact, Taylor has been too assertive on many of the CD's he has contributed to.

I remember reading somewhere that Keith had threatened to punch Taylor at a live concert, because Taylor kept increasing the volume of his guitar. Keith apparently felt he was being slighted, since he had after all written most of the songs and believed he could not be heard.

Listen to PMS on more time. Taylor dominates this song and many other songs. He almost ruins it. PMS is too much Taylor and not enough Stones.

Re: Taylor Guitar Too Aggressive
Date: April 26, 2010 02:56

?

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 26, 2010 03:00

flim flam indeedy

Date: April 26, 2010 03:08

I love the new Stones song, Plundered My Soul.

I do too

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: April 26, 2010 03:24

The guitar mix is very different on that version compared to the 7" and the video version. Notice Taylor's guitar that comes in around 0:45. That's NOT on the other versions.

What's the story behind this???

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 26, 2010 03:41

It's a stretch to think Taylor is responsible for how loud his guitar is mixed in a studio track.

Date: April 26, 2010 04:05

OK so this is getting hilariously loaded.

What are the mixes? The 7 inch. The album version. The video version is the album version?

Is the 7" on youtube for listening?

Goddammit!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2010 04:36

flilflam
I love the new Stones song, Plundered My Soul. But I suddenly realized what I do not like about PMS. Mick Taylor's guitar work, as usual, is excellent, but at the same time it is too loud, incessant, overwhelming, and intrusive. It detracts from Jagger and the self harmonizing, the rhythm machine of Watts and Wyman, Keith's playing, and the piano. In fact, Taylor has been too assertive on many of the CD's he has contributed to.

I remember reading somewhere that Keith had threatened to punch Taylor at a live concert, because Taylor kept increasing the volume of his guitar. Keith apparently felt he was being slighted, since he had after all written most of the songs and believed he could not be heard.

Listen to PMS on more time. Taylor dominates this song and many other songs. He almost ruins it. PMS is too much Taylor and not enough Stones.

I am always amused when Keith thinks someone else's guitar is too loud on stage.

Date: April 26, 2010 04:55

skipstone
OK so this is getting hilariously loaded.

What are the mixes? The 7 inch. The album version. The video version is the album version?

Is the 7" on youtube for listening?

Goddammit!

I know at least one thing, the 7" mix is the same as the video mix.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 26, 2010 05:06

flilflam
PMS is too much Taylor and not enough Stones.
Hmmm, since Mick was a Stone at the time the original track was recorded and one can asume that he did not engineer, mix and have final say on the the final released version, Plundered My Soul is just how the Stones circa 2010 wanted it to sound. Therefore, one could conclude that Plundered My Soul is all Stones, Care to debate this?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 26, 2010 05:09

ChrisM
flilflam
PMS is too much Taylor and not enough Stones.
Hmmm, since Mick was a Stone at the time the original track was recorded and one can asume that he did not engineer, mix and have final say on the the final released version, Plundered My Soul is just how the Stones circa 2010 wanted it to sound. Therefore, one could conclude that Plundered My Soul is all Stones, Care to debate this?
I'm guessing probably not.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 05:14

All his licks after the verses are mostly bending the 2nd string on the 12th fret...talk about playing "in the box", it's great though.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: April 26, 2010 05:20

We have 2 mixes for Plundered My Soul:

1 - Vinyl and video
2 - Itunes version

According to the sample on Amazon we get the vinyl/video mix on the new Exile CD.

Date: April 26, 2010 05:26

That's what I was afraid of, another itunes only song.

Re: Plundered My Soul!!!
Posted by: sweetvirginia2 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 23:24

Bill Wyman or Bill Plummer???

Re: Plundered My Soul - reviews and comments
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 26, 2010 23:26

Wyman credits say.

Re: Wymans bass too generic on PMS
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 27, 2010 00:14

71Tele
Nothing's wrong with it, Except people nitpicking. It's an outtake, after all, but a damn good one. Personally I think a lot of the excitement is because it is a shock (a pleasant one) to suddenly hear a "new" song with the Jagger/Richards/Watts/Wyman/Taylor/Hopkins/Keys lineup, and it compares mighty well to the post Steel Wheels version of the band - even though it's an outtake.

plunder vokes not an outake tho. where there ARE voke outakes from these sessions ala 'good time woman' keith's turn at 'soul survivor' and other mick cuts NOT re-recorded and specifically produced ala plunder...it's fabulous...

for me personally, PMS is the absolute LEAST interesting thing to me about this new remastering job, which i'm eager to experience...and compared to truly vintage out-takes INCLUDING vokes, as well as original songs that DID make it onto eoms, Plunder is slightly annoying, thin shriek characterization; im MY personal estimation...still totally excited even grateful for this new version and especially ALL the out-take stuff... if there had been no plunder my soul cut on this offering, it would only make this product more user friendly for me frankly....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-27 00:34 by Beelyboy.

Plundered my soul new vocals
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 2, 2010 01:05

just listened to the "new"song. the vocals of Jagger sound like the post-2000 ära in my opinion. are they new recorded?

Re: Plundered my soul new vocals
Date: May 2, 2010 01:08

No they first hypnotized him back to 1972

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: May 2, 2010 10:13

haha, but does that mean, they are new recorded?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 2, 2010 10:15

The vocals were recorded in 2009.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122Next
Current Page: 19 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home