Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: SUPER RARE Zeppelin Live Footage - Europe 1980/LA Forum 1975
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 14, 2008 04:03

The LAST Led Zeppelin tour, a short 4 or 5 country European Tour, has been highly over looked and I'm not even sure there's a pro shot of any of the shows. Here's some Film footage of those last ever few shows - John Bonham would be dead a few months later (Opening song was TRAIN KEPT A ROLLIN' and IN THE EVENING, HOT DOG, and ALL MY LOVE from "In Through The Out Door " were played).

LIVE IN ZURICH 1980

LIVE IN ROTTERDAM 1980

LIVE IN MUNICH 1980

AMAZING CLOSE UP FOOTAGE ON THE NEXT 2 - LA FORUM, Live 3/24/75

PART ONE

PART TWO

I'll try and find some more high quality (for super 8) footage - leave a comment por favor....

Re: OT: SUPER RARE Zeppelin Live Footage - Europe 1980/LA Forum 1975
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 14, 2008 04:24

When I first heard the Boot of the audio recording (Germany 1080) I didn't like what I heard, probably the quality. And If I recal the keyboards were more piano than organ. John Paul tried a little something different.

Date: November 14, 2008 05:26

...Oh yes, I love the '75 stuff! I was there, for all the LA Forum shows! Including that final show, last of the leg of the tour...about a four hour show.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: November 14, 2008 08:53

I would love to have the 80 shows on cd. Anyone know where I could get them? Esp In the Evening, All of My Love....

Date: November 14, 2008 09:13

I have a CD of a show from 80, (Germany) downloaded it years ago in the old Napster days. not the best quality, I have to look for it. If I find it, may take a week or two, I will post here on this thread (that I have it).

Date: November 14, 2008 09:53

I did find a collection of 14 songs from Vienna, 1980. Better quality than the Germany show I have.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: November 14, 2008 11:10

MJRocksoff
I would love to have the 80 shows on cd. Anyone know where I could get them? Esp In the Evening, All of My Love....

There are some soundboards available from 1980 - Zurich 29th June and Berlin 7th July (last concert) are two definites.

Posted by: peter ()
Date: November 14, 2008 11:28

very cool footage from LA 75...I saw LZ 2 weeks earlier in Long Beach...I've posted a few shots on my website from their 3/11/75 gig....100's of more images to be uploaded in the near future...looking for anything from LB....peter....www.peterstupar.com

Date: November 14, 2008 16:07

Plant's voice was shut in Zürich! Great footage.

Posted by: harlito1969 ()
Date: November 14, 2008 16:53

Thanks HelterSkelter! I've never seen any footage from the 1980 Tour Over Europe before. I have many of the shows on CD but to see them for the first time is too cool. It really was a scaled down tour, wasn't it? Well, at least in regards to Zeppelin.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 14, 2008 21:25

harlito1969
Thanks HelterSkelter! I've never seen any footage from the 1980 Tour Over Europe before. I have many of the shows on CD but to see them for the first time is too cool. It really was a scaled down tour, wasn't it? Well, at least in regards to Zeppelin.

Yeah, I think this was a transitional period for the group, Scaled down tour, IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR (IMO probably their weakest album) being very keyboard heavy - kind of Jones and Plant running the show and Page (except for IN THE EVENING and I'M GONNA CRAWL) pushed way back. Would have been very interesting to see what their next move was gonna be because they just seemed to be getting somewhat off track. With Bonham's death we never found out how the band would have dealt with the 80's which would have been very interesting.... Oh well, what can you do??? Wish there was a lot more pro footage - really sparse coverage for a band as big as they were....

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 15, 2008 00:56

Yeah, Led Zep in the 80s would've been interesting. But I'm guessing they would be way off track, because so much of what made them Led Zeppelin was "very 70s" -- the heavy "brown" Led Paul sound, the fat production, not to mention the free form soloist style of music. It's easy to see an emerging identity crisis already by 1979. But they really managed to "cut the waffle" (as Page supposedly called it) in 1980. Listening to boots from that tour, I don't really miss the ultra long jams.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1092
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home