Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick Taylor ; Pro-Shot-Video Can't You Hear Me Knocking , Muhle Hunziken, 13 march, 2009
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 11, 2010 20:26

Did he?

Re: Mick Taylor ; Pro-Shot-Video Can't You Hear Me Knocking , Muhle Hunziken, 13 march, 2009
Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: April 11, 2010 20:30

More Hot Rocks
When did Taylor stop using a pick?
when he accidentally dropped it mid-solo.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 11, 2010 22:25

Found this recently. According to the tags it's from 1990. Huge difference in both playing, attitude and appearence.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 12, 2010 12:06

His playing in this 1990 video is very good, I do not know what happened to him since then, he must have had very big problems.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 12, 2010 13:28

windmelody
His playing in this 1990 video is very good, I do not know what happened to him since then, he must have had very big problems.

He made strange career moves,and movements literally.
Saw Taylor in Amstelveen '97,Holland. In the middle of a guitar solo,he stopped playing,and started knotting his shoe lace smoking smiley

Sorry if this has been posted before,but
some interesting stuff about him::[www.micktaylor.net]

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 12, 2010 21:33

Yes, he is playing well in that 1990-clip. The fluidity and stinging vibrato is there, but there are some "disturbing" moves aswell. The change of guitars in the middle of the solo and the fact that he doesn't seem to know how to structure a complete solo anymore. He combines licks instead of creating a melodic solo.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: April 13, 2010 00:14

kleermaker
I agree with you Tate and with you too, bernardanderson. That bass player seems to smile at Taylor as if he wants to encourage him. But as Tate says, we also hear some glimps of the great Taylor when he's playing real good, between 5.42 and 5.52 for instance.

But those comments of audun-eg and HM are ridiculous of course.

Actually, they are not. Some people, when talking about the deterioration of the skills of the guitar players, seem to imagine Taylor playing as he did in the 70s. He's not, as this indicates.

Also, you continue to say that no one here understands music the way you do. Mr. Kleermaker, this is insulting to everyone and clearly incorrect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-13 14:44 by texas fan.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 13, 2010 01:15

Amsterdamned
windmelody

He made strange career moves,and movements literally.
Saw Taylor in Amstelveen '97,Holland. In the middle of a guitar solo,he stopped playing,and started knotting his shoe lace smoking smiley

Sorry if this has been posted before,but
some interesting stuff about him::[www.micktaylor.net]

Strange. he also Likes to play with his amps during the songs. All the time. he's always turning and tweeking his nobs.....all the time. He even does it in this video.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home