Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Great news - Mick and Mick T. in studio together
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 21, 2010 21:39

schillid
MT overdubs on the bonus stuff... that's a very cool thing IMO.
As long as they don't change the original masterpiece.

(And if it's true... then hell has frozen over in Stonesland... )

If I may indulge in a little "I told you so" (just a little): I can't count how many times on how many threads about Taylor we "Taylorites" were told to stop dreaming, get over it, he'll never play with them again, he quit 36 years ago so that seals his fate for all time, etc,, etc.

Eat your hats.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 21, 2010 21:55

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:20

Yep, 71Tele!

Where there's life, there's hope.

And I like to think that we have been instrumental in this development, by persistently expressing our fervent wish for Mick T's return.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:28

That is great news, thanks!

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:41

great!!!!!!!!!!!

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:45

Bliss
Yep, 71Tele!

Where there's life, there's hope.

And I like to think that we have been instrumental in this development, by persistently expressing our fervent wish for Mick T's return.

Not all of us, Bliss, or do you mean you and Tele? Both very influential on Stones' matters, without any doubtwinking smiley. But I just have to wait and see yet as for MT's return.

Date: March 21, 2010 22:47

71Tele
schillid

If I may indulge in a little "I told you so" (just a little): I can't count how many times on how many threads about Taylor we "Taylorites" were told to stop dreaming, get over it, he'll never play with them again, he quit 36 years ago so that seals his fate for all time, etc,, etc.

Eat your hats.[/quote

Well he hasn't exactly played with them again has he? He's gone into a studio with MJ and done some overdubs - hardly the same. It's a bity like having an e-mail exchange with someone you used to work with.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 21, 2010 22:55

71Tele

Eat your hats.

Let me first say that I am happy that MTaylor is helping out with this project.
And..I'm not trying to start an argument but when you say "play WITH them again"...I hardly
think you meant adding bits (in the studio) to an Exile out-take. But I agree..this could lead to something
more. At this stage of the game, I wouldn't mind if MT fully reunited with the Stones (with or without Ronnie).

In short..those that doubted should not "eat their hats"....maybe just lick them. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Date: March 21, 2010 22:56

<< Well he hasn't exactly played with them again has he? He's gone into a studio with MJ and done some overdubs - hardly the same. It's a bity like having an e-mail exchange with someone you used to work with. >>

True, and I don't mean to nitpick, but certain folks here were adamant that he would never return in any capacity whatsoever. If we had suggested six months ago that MT be brought back for EOMS overdubs, we would have been greeted with the usual derision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 23:00 by 71Tele.

Date: March 21, 2010 22:58

sweet neo con
71Tele

Eat your hats.

And..I'm not trying to start an argument but when you say "play WITH them again"...I hardly
think you meant adding bits (in the studio) to an Exile out-take. But I agree..this could lead to something
more. At this stage of the game, I wouldn't mind if MT fully reunited with the Stones (with or without Ronnie).

In short..those that doubted should not "eat their hats"....maybe just lick them. winking smiley

Again, given the activity level of the Stones these days, I humbly suggest that "play with them" includes a Rolling Stones studio session with Mick Jagger present - even this would have been deemed impossible/unrealistic a few weeks ago...I do not now - nor have I ever - believed he would re-join them as a full-time band member.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 21, 2010 23:05

71Tele
would have been deemed impossible/unrealistic a few weeks ago...I do not now - nor have I ever - believed he would re-join them as a full-time band member.

ok.

you have to admit though.....that it was pretty far-fetched to think that new things would be added to a 40 yr old out-take
for a deluxe addition. Has any other band done this? I think Gazza said Springsteen did...

this actually makes me think MT might contribute more. Maybe Mick (Jagger) wants to patch the leaks before he fold up the tent. (?) winking smiley

It couldn't hurt. It'd be a great way to celebrate their 50th Anniversary (Small theater/Arena) tour....or at least a special pay-per view finale.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 23:06 by sweet neo con.

Date: March 21, 2010 23:08

71Tele
sweet neo con
71Tele

Eat your hats.

Again, given the activity level of the Stones these days, I humbly suggest that "play with them" includes a Rolling Stones studio session with Mick Jagger present - even this would have been deemed impossible/unrealistic a few weeks ago...I do not now - nor have I ever - believed he would re-join them as a full-time band member.

Well, Tele has some points here. So bon appetit, hat eaters!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 21, 2010 23:37

Nice . . !!

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 21, 2010 23:42

Kleermaker, I think there is a market for easily digestible hats in the coming weeks... cool smiley
The regular models with Stones tongues are quite hard to stomach, or so I've been told today by the nay-sayers. They started nibbling at the edges yesterday.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 23:48 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 21, 2010 23:48

>>>Not all of us, Bliss, or do you mean you and Tele? Both very influential on Stones' matters, without any doubt. But I just have to wait and see yet as for MT's return

Indeed, mijn heer.

Allow me to be more precise: I like to think that Mick T's many fans here on IORR who have kept the memory of his presence in the Stones alive for so long may perhaps have been an influence in his presence on the new/old recording.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 21, 2010 23:55

Im wondering if this is only a "once off" type " reunion" - or could this lead to something else down the track?. Have to wait and see I guess.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 22, 2010 00:00

I can't imagine how this came about, according to so many post on this board, this was impossible, and even though its only a studio visit I think it has some great implications. That they agreed to meet up, that it is in a music environment,MT an acknowledgement and perhaps more....and where is Keith...you'd think he would want to show for something of this nature.

Date: March 22, 2010 00:22

Bliss
>>>Not all of us, Bliss, or do you mean you and Tele? Both very influential on Stones' matters, without any doubt. But I just have to wait and see yet as for MT's return

Indeed, mijn heer.

Allow me to be more precise: I like to think that Mick T's many fans here on IORR who have kept the memory of his presence in the Stones alive for so long may perhaps have been an influence in his presence on the new/old recording.

Well, I understood that, but there are also many non MT fans here on IORR and (though it's hard to believe) even quite some anti MT members).

Btw: Your Dutch is really funny. Literally translated you say: "Indeed, my lord". But "Sir kleermaker" is good enough for mewinking smiley. Guess I have to change my username!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 22, 2010 00:26

If MT is back in the band for the next tour we should all thank Ron Wood for making it possible (by behaving SO embarassingly...)

Date: March 22, 2010 00:34

kleermaker
Bliss

Indeed, mijn heer.

Well, I understood that, but there are also many non MT fans here on IORR and (though it's hard to believe) even quite some anti MT members).

It's the "anti's" that I never quite understood. It was almost like they were threatened by the idea of Taylor coming back in any capacity. I would like to believe that the discussions here had some small influence on asking MT to play on the session. It seems like only one song though(?)

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:00

...by the sounds (or lack thereof) of it.....KR seems thrilled....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:07

71Tele
schillid

Eat your hats.
Well he didn't exactly play with them did he? He was in the studio with Mick only, and they played and sang along with an old track. That would be the same as saying that Paul, Ringo and George played with John during the sessions for Free As A Bird and Real Love. He didn't play with them when he did that show where Keith guested, either. So eat your own hat. :-)

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:17

I just got wood

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:17

This is old news. Been talked about extensively since news about the remastered Exile first came out.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:29

It's great news that Taylor's been helping MJ polish an old Exile recording. So what's in the stories about MT's bitterness about lack of royalties and so on.. One can only surmise a lot of the money problems (distributing and so on) is less to do with the band members and more about the record companies shenanigans than anything else.. so it would seem relationships between taylor and the stones is pretty good.

Date: March 22, 2010 01:32

JumpingKentFlash
71Tele
schillid

Eat your hats.
Well he didn't exactly play with them did he? He was in the studio with Mick only, and they played and sang along with an old track. That would be the same as saying that Paul, Ringo and George played with John during the sessions for Free As A Bird and Real Love. He didn't play with them when he did that show where Keith guested, either. So eat your own hat. :-)

He contributed new music to a Rolling Stones project with the blessing of the Rolling Stones. Good enough for me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:43

JumpingKentFlash
71Tele
schillid

Eat your hats.

The impression I got from reports on here a few weeks ago was that Taylor had been 'sent tapes' to work on, so I'm not sure if he and Jagger actually were in the studio together. Everything seems to be pretty vague.

Contactmusic is a pretty hopeless source of info anyway, everything is copied and pasted from other sources with a bit of embellishment thrown in. I wouldnt take everything they say at word for word face value.

Still, regardless of all that, its good to see he's been involved in a Stones project from that era. I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a fully fledged reunion though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-22 01:44 by Gazza.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 22, 2010 01:49

Gazza, do you remember the reports that Jagger was dancing to what Mick T was playing ? No, not to a tape...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 22, 2010 02:31

I took that with a pinch of salt as I thought it was a joke, to be honest. Cant say I paid much attention to it - but hey, if it happened, great.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 22, 2010 02:36

good to hear , maybe this leads to bigger and better things

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home