Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: New Mick Talor on Deluxe Exile?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 11, 2010 18:32

Theyve missed the boat with deluxe versions of the rest of their post-1970 catalogue as the original albums have just been remastered and reissued within the last few months. Not gonna happen, especially as the remasters didnt sell anyway. It'll be a decade or so before they can realistically do that again, and by then it wont be worth the bother.

A series of multi disc outtakes collections is the only viable alternative left.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 11, 2010 18:53

Gazza
Theyve missed the boat with deluxe versions of the rest of their post-1970 catalogue as the original albums have just been remastered and reissued within the last few months. Not gonna happen, especially as the remasters didnt sell anyway. It'll be a decade or so before they can realistically do that again, and by then it wont be worth the bother.

A series of multi disc outtakes collections is the only viable alternative left.

can't they do an "oops, we forgot to include these" series where they just sneak some new tracks onto the reissues? i remember when there was clamour to have dylan's "groom's still waiting at the altar" included on Shot of Love, which excluded it when it first was issued...sometime shortly thereafter it magically appeared on it.

i'm just trying to look for "out of the box" alternatives here as the "wait for 10 years" option likely won't kick in until after i'm dead, by which time i'll have likely lost all my interest in this....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 11, 2010 18:56

A box set is the most realistic way to go. Why they choose to continue to ignore such a thing is astounding.

Re: New Mick Taylor on Deluxe Exile?
Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: March 11, 2010 19:07

Kwasi Dzidzornu - do you mean provided it's legal (in other words: unless it's illegal) ?

or do you mean unless it's something in the legal area (I don't know if that happens to be your field of expertise) ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-12 00:17 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 11, 2010 19:09

Can someone tell me who mick talor is? I know the guy who played for the Stones was Mick Taylor.....Any connection?winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 11, 2010 19:15

Yeah can Donvis, who already got into trouble with the thread police for starting this, please correct the title ?
It's Mick T.A.Y.L.O.R. - thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-12 00:16 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 11, 2010 20:06

Lightnin', I meant I'm usually only trying to be serious when discussing boring legal stuff that I find interesting. Well done, but I'm not Mr. Dzidzornu.

Incidentally, are we sure it isn't Dick Taylor who's been overdubbing for the Exile bonus disc?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 11, 2010 21:26

Obviously I misspelled Taylor in the thread title but luckily I spelled it correctly if you read my post. I would gladly correct it if i knew how to go back and do it. Or better yet, not post any more since sweetcharmedlife thinks I am such a dumbass.

Date: March 11, 2010 22:52

Donvis, you're only a "dumbass" if you let things bother you. Everybody makes mistakes (I thought "How Can I Stop" was a minute longer on the UMG reissue), but you only made a typo. Just ignore the BS and keep on posting.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 11, 2010 22:59

Rocky Dijon
Donvis, you're only a "dumbass" if you let things bother you. Everybody makes mistakes (I thought "How Can I Stop" was a minute longer on the UMG reissue), but you only made a typo. Just ignore the BS and keep on posting.

ignore the BS? IGNORE IT??? but, as George Carlin used to opine so often: "it's all BS!!!"

Posted by: michel ()
Date: March 11, 2010 23:08

sweetcharmedlife
Can someone tell me who mick talor is? I know the guy who played for the Stones was Mick Taylor.....Any connection?winking smiley
Ehhh help me out, is this supposed to be funny???

Posted by: michel ()
Date: March 11, 2010 23:11

I am still on the floor laughing, what a joke sweet charmed lifeconfused smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2010 23:12

Rocky Dijon
I thought "How Can I Stop" was a minute longer on the UMG reissue.

A DUMBASS!!!>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 11, 2010 23:14

He is the guy who played with Mick Jager, Keith Ricard, Bill Wiman and Charlie Whatshot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-11 23:30 by NICOS.

Date: March 12, 2010 00:39

Donvis, if you go to the top of the thread (the 1st comment, posted by you) there is a link in green called "Edit Post" right underneath your actual comment.
Click on that link and then make the changes in the Subject line of the field. Then press "Save changes" when you're happy with the corrections you made.

Typo's happen both to smart people and not so smart people. Spelling mistakes don't (unless you're dyslexic).

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 12, 2010 00:41

NICOS
He is the guy who played with Mick Jager, Keith Ricard, Bill Wiman and Charlie Whatshot smiley
Now that's funny!grinning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 12, 2010 01:07

Thanks Lightnin'!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 12, 2010 01:10

I miss Mick Talor terribly.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 12, 2010 01:34

Gazza

I thought Mick was already talking about doing a deluxe of GHS and Some Girls. I'm sure they'll eventually get round to doing them all. There's enough completists to make it worth their while.

14 x $160 = $2,240 x 5,000 completists = $11,200,000

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-12 02:05 by tatters.

Date: March 12, 2010 03:08

I'm a dumbass? Probably, Doxa, but I've also not been sufficiently motivated to prove to myself that I really heard something that I never heard before when I played the remaster. Since no one concurred, I'll just settle for being wrong until it comes round in the circulation again. Don't forget that Jager & Ricard are collectively The Glimer Twins.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 12, 2010 09:07

Rocky Dijon
I'm a dumbass? Probably, Doxa, but I've also not been sufficiently motivated to prove to myself that I really heard something that I never heard before when I played the remaster. Since no one concurred, I'll just settle for being wrong until it comes round in the circulation again. Don't forget that Jager & Ricard are collectively The Glimer Twins.

I take your last sentence to mean that we understand the tone of each other here, and no bad feelings...

- Doxa

Date: March 12, 2010 14:19

Completely, Doxa. I was not offended. I wear my dunce cap with pride.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 12, 2010 14:50

Rocky Dijon
Completely, Doxa. I was not offended. I wear my dunce cap with pride.

A great attitude, Rocky D. If one feels 'offended', it's something in him/her-self that has been triggered and it has essentially nothing to do with the 'offender'.

As for myself, I know only a little bit of rather many things and only some more of very few things.

But that Doxa guy, he's really smart, believe mewinking smiley.

(Just a joke Doxa, I like your posts and I think you're a great writer on this board. And a nice guy too, which is much more important. So don't feel offendedtongue sticking out smiley)

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 12, 2010 14:56

Rocky Dijon
Incidentally, are we sure it isn't Dick Taylor who's been overdubbing for the Exile bonus disc?

they could do alot worse- the man's a brilliant musician.

Was - Not confirming or denying M.T. on Exile reissue
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:17

Is it to hype the re-release?

And what would be the big deal saying whether or not Taylor played some part's on Exile?

This makes no sense to me?

Anyone else find this strange?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Was - Not confirming or denying M.T. on Exile reissue
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 30, 2010 03:22

It certainly makes more sense than Ron Wood eh?

Date: March 30, 2010 03:33

Ron who?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 30, 2010 04:41

Ron Jeremy......

ROCKMAN

Date: March 30, 2010 04:44

No wonder the stones get hot chicks at their shows lol >grinning smiley<

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: March 30, 2010 14:05

Well he better stop the drinkin or Ron wont have Woody!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home