Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT The World Cup Soccer 2010 South Africa Thread
Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 4, 2010 11:14

bax
well...will support Switzerland of course...my country...
but i think it will be very very hard for us to pass thourgh the 1st stage...

favourites for the cup: England (i think this is the right time with Capello), Spain and Brazil

i also was planning to travel to South Africa to follow my team, but i decided not to go...too expensive (very very expensive!!) and also i think not so well organized (at least what the travel agency offer us was not good)

so will watch closely on TV!

Bax I would love England to win it and would shed tears of joy. I can't agree with you that we will win it, our defence is a mess and our goalkeepers sub-standard. Our FIFA ranking of 8th place suggests that we will make the quarter finals and perhaps scrape into the semis.

I think Spain will win it; if their players steer clear of injury they should have enough quality to triumph. They are a good team and as a passionate Englishman I'd be so envious!!!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: March 4, 2010 12:44

ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said.

p.s. mind you, I'm not Argentinian, I'm Italian, and I can easily tell that Italy is no way going to go any further than last 16. As MAREK HAMSIK supporter, I also hope Slovakia's performance will exceed expectations.

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 14:48

...Some stars that will definitely shine, imho (apart from 'the Usual Suspects', I mean), and therefor worth looking out for:

Landon Donovan - USA
Keisuke Honda - Japan;
Luis Suarez - Uruguay.

...Sparkling, indeed.

Posted by: bax ()
Date: March 4, 2010 15:31

be confident!!...and then see you at Wembley for the Euro 2012 qualifying

smileys with beer

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:55

My confidence has been battered by numerous defeats when it really matters!

The Engish Media go ape with their jingoism and are convinced that we will win it. I am too much of a realist.

In fact there is more chance of me replacing Ronnie on guitar alongside Keith and I can't play a note!

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: March 4, 2010 17:57

Go USA
and no ones going to fear of crime. Half the tickets are available.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: March 4, 2010 20:59

Gazza
A bit early!

We (Northern Ireland) didnt qualify despite a creditable effort (no surprise) so I'll be watching it at home.

Pity the tournament seems to be so out of reach for regular fans, ticket-wise.

England will never have a better chance to win the World Cup again, now that they have an excellent coach.

Hard to see past Spain, however. The only genuinely top quality side in international football at present.

England won't win. They'll crash out in the quarters on penalties against Portugal. Again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-04 20:59 by Nikolai.

Posted by: lualua ()
Date: March 4, 2010 21:59

England have as good a chance as any, Capello being the key, Rooney staying fit and the big if, if the back four and GK can pull any sort of form and unity together.
If anyone fancies a bet on any other team other than England, skybet are refunding wagers if England do actually go on to win it.
Worth considering if you intend betting on Brazil or Spain.

I'm there for England's first game, have tix, going on a lads road trip with mate and my brother. Maybe do more dependant upon ticket availability when there.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: March 4, 2010 22:41

Nikolai
England won't win. They'll crash out in the quarters on penalties against Portugal. Again.

Check the lists of carlitosbaez and mine: They won't even meet before the final.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home