Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger interview on italian newspaper about Exile Reissue
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 26, 2010 18:51

Well, I have to say, at least the Exile re-issue has generated some buzz and excitement, which is a contrast to the previous reissues (save Ya-Yas) and certainly more interesting to speculate on than Ronnie's latest tabloid adventures or even another ho-hum tour. The more I hear about what's in store for Exile, the more I like it. Granted, most of it IS still speculation.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: January 27, 2010 00:31

Is it also possible that Taylor has been brought into a studio to film a 'talking head' segment for a DVD documentary?

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 27, 2010 00:59

studiorambo
Is it also possible that Taylor has been brought into a studio to film a 'talking head' segment for a DVD documentary?
Kind of like a 50x5 type of doc? An updated retrospect doc I think would be fitting for the 50th year of the band.Mick T and Bill should be invited, also could be a good oportunity to go all out and release some footage from the vaultsand make it a MUST have for all stones fans.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 27, 2010 17:55

Cafaro
Hello all,
I am not sure if this has answered or not but judging from what is on Nico's very informative site, I think 90% of the stuff is already in the public domain via boots. Wouldnt you agree?

Not even close. Nico can only comment on stuff whose existence is known. Anything else is unverified or not listed because its undocumented.

Theres maybe a few hundred TAKES of songs in circulation. That hardly amounts to 90% of what was recorded over a period of 43 years, considering some sessions last for several months.

And very little of the sessions at Nellcote is actually documented or known - and pretty much next to nothing from them has been bootlegged.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 27, 2010 18:42

studiorambo

A documentary about Exile without specially Mick T. would be without meaning. He was a very big part of the record. Lacking Bill would also be a problem.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: January 27, 2010 20:04

studiorambo

Oh yes, VERY possible.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 27, 2010 23:04

When is the release date ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......CAN'T WAIT NOW !

sc uk

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 27, 2010 23:12

This is getting better and better ! So someone's heard some of the "new" tracks already?

Date: January 28, 2010 02:49

Apparently, the new Rolling Stone magazine is calling it a "coffee-table box set of Exile", with alternates and totally unheard songs. I got this from Steve Hoffman forums, I don't actually have RS mag.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 28, 2010 03:06

getting interesting now, can this be the holy grail we have been waiting for?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 28, 2010 04:09

If it isnt, its beginning to sound like a very good impersonation of it!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 28, 2010 07:00

WHen is this coming out?

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: January 28, 2010 08:39

What has been overlooked in the Jagger interview is the part where he says that the Record Company asked for unreleased tracks. The full interview will come out next monday in the Repubblica supplement magazine called XL.

Date: January 28, 2010 11:18

<WHen is this coming out?>

May

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: January 28, 2010 11:26

How come there's been no mention of Exile On Main Street Blues? Seems the most obvious "track" to include... Wasn't it officially released somewhere, newspaper supplement or something?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2010 11:41

Wasn't it officially released somewhere, newspaper supplement or something?

Free give away in NME ..........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 28, 2010 11:44

otonneau
How come there's been no mention of Exile On Main Street Blues? Seems the most obvious "track" to include... Wasn't it officially released somewhere, newspaper supplement or something?

Maybe that's one of the other songs on the bonus disc. A complete list of the extra songs has not leaked out or mentioned in article was is shown up in the press.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 28, 2010 12:34

I am ready to bet that all this excitement will vanish in seconds as soon as Universal discloses the price of this Holy Grail.

I can already hear it

RIP OFF RIP OFF!!!! ALL THESE $$$$ FOR A DISK WE ALREADY HAVE, REMIXED WITH TOO COMPRESSION, AND A BUNCH OF UNFINISHED SONGS, AND A VIDEO THAT IS NOT THE L&G VIDEO ETC. ETC.

C

Date: January 28, 2010 12:47

Haha, reminded me of my own disappointment at Deluxe Ya-Ya's. If there's about a dozen extra tracks (new and alternate), plus some live material, all in a lavish package, I'll happily pay any realistic price. I'll be happy to get Exile with the 2009 mastering. While it's compressed and made louder, I hear no noticeable/meaningful loss of dynamics from the cold Virgin remaster, but gain the lovely warm vinyl-like equalisation and clarity.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 28, 2010 13:23

"it is just ridicolous to fix songs 40 years later"

not for MJ who lives in the present moment and doesn't care for his past. (I dont endorse this view btw)

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 28, 2010 13:34

I wouldn't expect too much of this Exile-thing. It would surprise me if MT would play any important part on new songs or updated old skeletons. And don't expect relevant live material from the 1972 tour. A DVD with MT talking about the good old days is the most you can expect. Remember the YaYa-thing. We only got what we should have got 40 years ago, those 5 not-so-great songs (except maybe UMT and Satisfaction) and a poor DVD.

Re: Mick Jagger interview on italian newspaper about Exile Reissuewinking smileycool smiley
Posted by: genco ()
Date: January 28, 2010 14:17

"I don't often play Stones stuff but if I see a copy of Exile hanging about, I nick it and play it. I still love that record very much. I would say there is the best of the Stones in there - up till now... I've no doubt that one day we'll put out an Exile outtakes album."
Keith Richards, 2001

Info from "[www.timeisonourside.com"];

cool smileycool smiley

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: January 28, 2010 14:55

kleermaker
I wouldn't expect too much of this Exile-thing. It would surprise me if MT would play any important part on new songs or updated old skeletons. And don't expect relevant live material from the 1972 tour. A DVD with MT talking about the good old days is the most you can expect. Remember the YaYa-thing. We only got what we should have got 40 years ago.

I ain't holding my breath for this release either. I can't understand why some people expect a DVD with live material from the '72 tour -though I'd always hope for it, I just can't see the reason for it being released now...?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 28, 2010 15:24

S.T.P
I can't understand why some people expect a DVD with live material from the '72 tour -though I'd always hope for it, I just can't see the reason for it being released now...?

After we've died

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 28, 2010 15:34

Lots of negativity here about a release we don´t yet know the contents of...thumbs down

Of course it won´t be perfect (what is?), but unheard studio outtakes/recordings from 1969-1972 makes me very excited!smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 28, 2010 16:06

S.T.P
kleermaker
I wouldn't expect too much of this Exile-thing. It would surprise me if MT would play any important part on new songs or updated old skeletons. And don't expect relevant live material from the 1972 tour. A DVD with MT talking about the good old days is the most you can expect. Remember the YaYa-thing. We only got what we should have got 40 years ago.

I ain't holding my breath for this release either. I can't understand why some people expect a DVD with live material from the '72 tour -though I'd always hope for it, I just can't see the reason for it being released now...?

I can think of many reasons..I hope we're not getting ourselves too excited about this, but I am ecstatic about this news.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 28, 2010 19:13

Despite the fact that Ya-Yas was released by Abkco and EOMS will be released by Universal ,what would you expect ?

Perhaps, we'll finally see some tracks with credits to Gram Parsons.

It would be great if Dominique Tarle,the photographer who pictured the Exile sessions at Nellcote, was involved in the reissue in the same fashion as Ethan Russell was with Ya-Yas.

Don't you think ????

IMO ,it's THE point .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: January 28, 2010 21:01

SwayStones
It would be great if Dominique Tarle,the photographer who pictured the Exile sessions at Nellcote, was involved in the reissue in the same fashion as Ethan Russell was with Ya-Yas.

Don't you think ????

IMO ,it's THE point .

I hear that: Dominique Tarle is participating on this proyect, but not sure.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 28, 2010 22:27

Ricky
SwayStones

Don't you think ????

IMO ,it's THE point .

I hear that: Dominique Tarle is participating on this proyect, but not sure.

I should edit the sentence "Don't you think ?" in aid of " What do you think ?"

It means : see further than the end of your nose .....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2010 22:54

rootsman
Lots of negativity here about a release we don´t yet know the contents of...thumbs down

smiling bouncing smiley

It is only a sign of practical reason of being a Rolling Stones fan based on experience. Don't expect too much... so it is a win-win situation - if the release turns out to be not a disappointment -> "what I say", and if it it surpasses all the (not so high) expectations -> WOW!!!

But personally I have high hopes "at the moment" (to use a famous 'offical' Stones phrase). It sounds almost too good to be true...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-28 22:57 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home