Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The worst shows ever - on video
Posted by: Jimmie ()
Date: January 21, 2010 12:30

With the LA 75 clip showing up on the forum, lets share some other really bad live moments.

Does anyone have that clip of Brown sugar from a couple of years ago where Keith starts in the wrong key?

Re: The worst shows ever - on video
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 21, 2010 12:40

She's So Cold Wembley 82 and most of Hyde Park 69 are pretty shambolic.

Date: January 21, 2010 12:44

Happy - Nijmegen 2007:

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 21, 2010 13:19

The way Jagger looks at Keith ...enough to say !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 21, 2010 14:35

Jimmie
With the LA 75 clip showing up on the forum, lets share some other really bad live moments.

Please dont encourage this kind of behaviour. Someone is watching this site and will run and tell the Stones, who will then apparently take a huff and decide not to tour...

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: January 21, 2010 14:40

DandelionPowderman
Happy - Nijmegen 2007:

Oh this video i dont really like to watch, Keith seems lost and not feeling good, it scared me when i first saw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-21 14:41 by farawayeyes2.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 21, 2010 14:52

To that Happy video from Nijmegen - the rest of the song is actually not that bad. The beginning is really scary - looks like Keith has to think who he is or something. I have seen it the first time today and was really shocked. But then it is not bad IMO, Keith even looks like he is having fun later into the song. Strange. Hard to say what happened.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-21 14:55 by Happy24.

Date: January 21, 2010 14:58

<Hard to say what happened.>

Two things: Keith hesitates when playing the opening riff - and Charlie's coming in way too early.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 21, 2010 15:40

farawayeyes2
DandelionPowderman
Happy - Nijmegen 2007:

Oh this video i dont really like to watch, Keith seems lost and not feeling good, it scared me when i first saw

He must have had the same experience as me. Arrived at Amsterdam on a gloriously hot afternoon and was feeling thirsty so went into this unusual looking bar for a drink. Well, I guess someone must have, heh heh, slipped me a Mickey Finn because they put on Dirty Work and suddenly it seemed like the greatest album of all time.
Anyway rushed to the main station, all the trains were delayed because of some strike and 3 hours later finally arrived at Nijmegen as a major thunderstorm and torrential rain threatened the cancellation of the gig. Van Morrison was the support and I believe he only played a couple of songs. Was strange seeing the Stones drenched to the bone in the pouring rain. And the rain came down. So, kids, the moral of the story, is don't visit those bloody coffee shops. Ain't no good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-21 15:51 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 00:13

About the Nijmegen clip, I thought Keith was pausing to try and straighten everything out. He and Charlie got out of time and I thought the pause was for Woody and Charlie to get it together so Keith could find his place, which he seemed to have lost for a minute.

When musicians get out of time with one another, somebody has to stop what their doing and rejoin the other guys. Somebody has to compromise and change what they're doing. In the old days, it probably wouldn't have been Keith who stopped, but the others would have had to adjust to whatever Keith was doing.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 22, 2010 00:26

The worst strikes again...be sure someone´s gonna ask about the clip
Keith standing around somehow lost.....

I know it but I don´t post it.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 22, 2010 01:20

Why post this stuff???

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 22, 2010 05:19

SwayStones

What the hell happened here? It looks like Ronnie is trying to get Keith back on track.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:57

Tumblin_Dice_07
About the Nijmegen clip, I thought Keith was pausing to try and straighten everything out. He and Charlie got out of time and I thought the pause was for Woody and Charlie to get it together so Keith could find his place, which he seemed to have lost for a minute.

When musicians get out of time with one another, somebody has to stop what their doing and rejoin the other guys. Somebody has to compromise and change what they're doing. In the old days, it probably wouldn't have been Keith who stopped, but the others would have had to adjust to whatever Keith was doing.

But it is really the extraordinary fact that it is Keith who needs follow the others, and that moment is one of the scaring Stones momets I ever wittnessed... that second or two when he does nothing and just looks down feels like never ending... It is not the 'happy' showman Keith we are used to it. My heart almost stopped.

But like said the rest of the song is typical "Happy" groove when he gets into it.

- Doxa

Date: January 22, 2010 11:08

Other problems may also have occured. Bad monitors, muddy sound etc. I think Keith did the right thing waiting. Charlie is also doing some weird stuff in the beginning there.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:11

DandelionPowderman
Other problems may also have occured. Bad monitors, muddy sound etc. I think Keith did the right thing waiting. Charlie is also doing some weird stuff in the beginning there.

Although Charlie does have to rely on Keith to nail the intro on Happy to come in just right. Keith was off kilter from the start. It really is quite a scary clip.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:18

If you want to be scared get the 1976-05-26 <earl's Court show. The 2007 "Happy" sounds tight in comparison (and imho it's very decent not scary)

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: January 22, 2010 15:13

check up Lets Spend the night together form Tokyo 2006. aoo aoo!!!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 22, 2010 16:14

Blimey, I'd have never of thought of that???
yeah, get keith out!
Thanks Behroez

Ps. Can you send down some of what your on?

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 22, 2010 16:23

ablett
Blimey, I'd have never of thought of that???
yeah, get keith out!
Thanks Behroez.

You're welcome Ablett

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 16:32 by behroez.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 22, 2010 18:08

71Tele
SwayStones

What the hell happened here? It looks like Ronnie is trying to get Keith back on track.

Yeah ,it was horrible. Mick was throwing worried glances at /to Keith in order to make him play correctly .I think he did it pretty well ,moving on stage like usual but wanted to make sure things wouldn't get worse.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 20:10

Scary clips!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: January 22, 2010 20:18

I miss rain fall down from an award show in 2005!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 22, 2010 20:27

Rik
I miss rain fall down from an award show in 2005!!

It was the American Music Awards. A live satellite feed from the ABB Salt Lake City gig. Rain Fall Down was quite an embarrassment.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 22, 2010 21:12

you guys are funny. that happy video is "scary"?!?! why? because the songs starts off on the wrong foot and keith needs to pause for a sec to get back on track? it's not like the guy collapsed. THAT would be scary.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 22, 2010 21:13

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 21:49

The entire St Louis HBO special. I can't remember a good thing about it.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: January 22, 2010 21:53

Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan - March 22nd, 2006

Keef really struggles in this show...probably the worst overall performance I have seen out of the 20 odd shows I attended since 1975 and the worst performance out of the 60+ Stones videos I own.....

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

This ABB show really confirmed for me that Keef and Ronnies playing was in serious decline...makes me lean towards hopeing they don't tour again as I think the shows could end up as train wrecks.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 21:55 by oldschool.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 22, 2010 23:08

bernardanderson

Good example of The Stones at their most sloppy. What the hell was Keith thinking?

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 22, 2010 23:44

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home