Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The worst shows ever - on video
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 22, 2010 23:52

Tumblin_Dice_07
About the Nijmegen clip, I thought Keith was pausing to try and straighten everything out. He and Charlie got out of time and I thought the pause was for Woody and Charlie to get it together so Keith could find his place, which he seemed to have lost for a minute.

When musicians get out of time with one another, somebody has to stop what their doing and rejoin the other guys. Somebody has to compromise and change what they're doing. In the old days, it probably wouldn't have been Keith who stopped, but the others would have had to adjust to whatever Keith was doing.

I agree with this.
I think Keith was well aware of how badly the others were messing up his tune.
He gave them a minute and hoped they could get it together.
Which they finally did...

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: January 23, 2010 01:23

Munichhilton
Tumblin_Dice_07
About the Nijmegen clip, I thought Keith was pausing to try and straighten everything out. He and Charlie got out of time and I thought the pause was for Woody and Charlie to get it together so Keith could find his place, which he seemed to have lost for a minute.

When musicians get out of time with one another, somebody has to stop what their doing and rejoin the other guys. Somebody has to compromise and change what they're doing. In the old days, it probably wouldn't have been Keith who stopped, but the others would have had to adjust to whatever Keith was doing.

I agree with this.
I think Keith was well aware of how badly the others were messing up his tune.
He gave them a minute and hoped they could get it together.
Which they finally did...

You seriously don't think so??? Use your ears. Keith messes up the timing in the intro riff. Charlie is spot on.
These things happen, though. No big deal.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 23, 2010 01:49

Silver Dagger
Good example of The Stones at their most sloppy. What the hell was Keith thinking?

Could well have just been a temporary 'absence' in motor skills as an after effect of his accident, which he seemed to get from time to time on the last couple of legs of the last tour.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 23, 2010 02:38

SwayStones

The way Jagger looks at Keith ...enough to say !

I believe you "win", SwayStones. This must be what Andy Johns meant when he said the Stones could sometimes sound like "anti-music."

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 23, 2010 03:31

erikjjf
Rik
I miss rain fall down from an award show in 2005!!

It was the American Music Awards. A live satellite feed from the ABB Salt Lake City gig. Rain Fall Down was quite an embarrassment.

is this it?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 23, 2010 04:06

sweet neo con
erikjjf
Rik
I miss rain fall down from an award show in 2005!!

It was the American Music Awards. A live satellite feed from the ABB Salt Lake City gig. Rain Fall Down was quite an embarrassment.

is this it?

What's wrong with it? It's very good. And listen to that bass solo (they should put Darryl louder though). that's the way forward, good funky sound with Darryl and ofcouse the never ever failing super Mick. The only uncertain element is Keith, well that can be solved.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 23, 2010 04:40

jjflash73
The entire St Louis HBO special. I can't remember a good thing about it.

GIMME SHELTER was pretty damn good

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 23, 2010 04:46

I feel like it's piling on at this point to even talk about it...one reason I hope they don't tour again is because I can't bear more embarrassments like these...

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 23, 2010 09:48

sweet neo con
is this it?

That clip is from Rio.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home