Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: FANS NEGATIVE VIBE = NO TOUR
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 19, 2010 23:48

>>A theatre? You're flattering yourself, more a bus. Do you really think that you represent those thousands of people that come to a Rolling Stones show? I don't think so, like i said before on other occassions, most people coming to a Stones show have no idea who is who or played what when, and don\t give a damn either. They just want a good show and be entertained. Maniacs that where standing yesterday at the Barcelona gig in the front row and tonight again on the same spot near the stage in Stockholm are indeed a concern but for other reasons than you may think. I mean it is scary.<<

thats a good example of the title of this thread

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:09

behroez
A theatre? You're flattering yourself, more a bus. Do you really think that you represent those thousands of people that come to a Rolling Stones show? I don't think so, like i said before on other occassions, most people coming to a Stones show have no idea who is who or played what when, and don\t give a damn either. They just want a good show and be entertained. Maniacs that where standing yesterday at the Barcelona gig in the front row and tonight again on the same spot near the stage in Stockholm are indeed a concern but for other reasons than you may think. I mean it is scary.

A bus full of scary Stones hardcore fans heading from Barcelona to Stockholm?? Que horror! That must be the StonesVikings on the run!drinking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:18

duke richardson

Just in case we misunderstand each other. I didn't mean that the majority of people coming to a Stones show just want a good show, in a negative way at all. I think it is a very good and healthy thing to just want to experience a great night without having to know the personal or detailed ins and outs of the medium delivering that show. I only said this to illustrate that what goes on on this site is of no consequence in the bigger picture (the majority of people coming to a show).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:19

behroez
duke richardson

Just in case we misunderstand each other. I didn't mean that the majority of people coming to a Stones show just want a good show, in a negative way at all. I think it is a very good and healthy thing to just want to experience a great night without having to know the personal or detailed ins and outs of the medium delivering that show. I only said this to illustrate that what goes on on this site is of no consequence in the bigger picture (the majority of people coming to a show).

Only the utter delusional would think otherwise, mate.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:40

MKjan
OK, got the whole tour lined up with a green light, all signals go, er, hold on a sec, incoming whine on ioor. Tour cancelled.
I love your posts!!!hell of a funny.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: January 20, 2010 00:47

grinning smileyI hope they tour,Ive just ordered a new GT...TURBO...all military grade wheelchair with a STONES tongue on the back.Im an old fart too,but at least I will get near the frontsmoking smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:54

bv
I hear this from some people all of the time. They say they don't get the wibe anymore. Yet I meet them at shows on tours over and over again. May be they are bored, but they still pay for the ticket, they say they won't go but they do still go. But 99 out of 100 I know are looking forward to more Stones, and they will have a great time when they get on the road eventually.

Great post BV. Spot on.

Mike

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: January 20, 2010 00:55

Man, I'm totally with this trip man.

Negative vibes not cool.

Positivity - It's the way forward!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:05

Remember the tape after the "final bang"....Exodus.....

So it´s time ,monitored or not, for some

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:21

bv
They know that some people are never happy with anything, but they do also know for a fact that millions will show up next time they tour, just like they did during A Bigger Bang.

Maybe somewhat fewer millions than last time.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:46

Cafaro
Do you honestly believe they give 2 craps about what people say on this or any other Stones chat room?

It's the epitome of fan delusion brought on by armchair entitlement issues.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 20, 2010 01:56

jamesfdouglas
Cafaro
Do you honestly believe they give 2 craps about what people say on this or any other Stones chat room?

It's the epitome of fan delusion brought on by armchair entitlement issues.

Excellent. I agree with BVs post as well. BTW....I didnt know "@#$%&" was a cuss word. As far as I know,it isn;t in the US. I apologize.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:00

>>>They know that some people are never happy with anything

You mean some people take exception to paying hundreds of dollars per ticket to see performers that are too drunk, too stoned or unable to play?

Yes, I guess there's just no pleasing some people.

Date: January 20, 2010 02:07

Bliss
>>>They know that some people are never happy with anything

You mean some people take exception to paying hundreds of dollars per ticket to see performers that are too drunk, too stoned or unable to play?

Yes, I guess there's just no pleasing some people.

thumbs up

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: January 20, 2010 02:39

Imagine iorr with nothing but blow job noises made about the Stones?

Hideous.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:04

Sway714
Common sense,,,the more negative comments that are made by fans on sites like IORR, Shidoobee & RollingStones.com. The less likely there will ever be a tour again. You think these negative comments are not being monitored?...your mistaken.

Wow, you gotta be kidding me.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:57

bv
They know that some people are never happy with anything, but they do also know for a fact that millions will show up next time they tour, just like they did during A Bigger Bang.

Agreed!!

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: January 20, 2010 08:41

i think the press release was a bluff to up Michael Cohl's offer

Date: January 20, 2010 08:44

bv
I hear this from some people all of the time. They say they don't get the wibe anymore. Yet I meet them at shows on tours over and over again. May be they are bored, but they still pay for the ticket, they say they won't go but they do still go. But 99 out of 100 I know are looking forward to more Stones, and they will have a great time when they get on the road eventually.

That might have been the case in the past.

But things have moved on. It's fair to say that the latter stages of the ABB tour saw the Stone heavily reliant on back up musicians. This is a one way street - they are in decline so they are going to be more and more reliant on Blondie etc. So whilst they are in decline their appetite for cash and the prices they charge will be going in the opposite direction.

Since the 2007 O2 shows we have experienced the economic downturn. Life isn't so easy and people have to make tough decisions. Many people will decide not to bother with a very expensive ticket to a show which will be a re-heat of whhat they saw in 2002, 2003, 2005-2007. They are not going to get anything new for their money, the formula will remain the same.

That's why myself and many others will look at this and say thanks but no.

I still love the band but I genuinely feel they will damage their legacy by touring again. For that reason I hope they don't.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 20, 2010 09:07

>>>Imagine iorr with nothing but blow job noises made about the Stones?

Better than queueing up with jars of Vaseline.

Posted by: longtallsally ()
Date: January 20, 2010 10:53

They should simply plan a series of concerts in 2012 in the O2 Arena (like the other MJ did.....) called "THIS WILL BE PROBABLY THE LAST TIME TOUR".
Only they must stay healthy at least until the end of this goodbye series.

Plus points for such a farewell tour:
- Charlie can sleep in his own bed every night.
- Bill can guest spot easily and sleep also in his own bed.
- Hotel bisseness in London will be increasing a lot.
- Fans only have to travel to London to see 5, 6 or 10 shows in a row instead of chasing them al over Europe or USA.

Negative points:
- Series can't be that long because MJ (and probably KR also) may not stay that long in England for tax reasons.
- Makes it expensive for outside Europe fans to visit this farewell series.

Just my thoughts.
What's your opinion?

Sally

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 11:32 by longtallsally.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 20, 2010 11:08

Sally I think it's nice to stay in a city for a couple of concerts, but then it's time to move on for the hardcore fans.
What I liked about the last tours I had much more time so stroll around town doing different things and on the top enjoy a Rolling Stones concert once or twice. For instance I would have never gone to Brno, but I had a wonderful time. And I think it's also interesting for the Band to visit different countries, especially in Europe where fans react so differently.

However I must admit: If they would ever tour again, I will reduce my concerts to a minimum as I just don't see them pushing another climax.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 20, 2010 14:24

bv

<<< They know that some people are never happy with anything >>>

Precisely

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2010 15:38

T&A
Sway714
Common sense,,,the more negative comments that are made by fans on sites like IORR, Shidoobee & RollingStones.com. The less likely there will ever be a tour again. You think these negitive comments are not being monitored?...your mistaken.

oooo!! then the more likely the vaults will open soon!!???

Hey Monitors: TELL THE LADS TO HANG IT UP!!!!
you know they dont give a rats a$% about what us fans think or want .the only time they think of the fans is when the stones want to bleed us some more .very gholish when i think of it (wasnt there a certain guitarist that i will not mention by name that used to go to sweeden to get clean blood via transfusion so he would be clean so he could get his working visa for the us in order to tour )

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 20, 2010 16:45

Sway714
Common sense,,,the more negative comments that are made by fans on sites like IORR, Shidoobee & RollingStones.com. The less likely there will ever be a tour again. You think these negative comments are not being monitored?...your mistaken.

CHARGE LESS FOR TICKETS

PLAY LESS WARHORSES

PLAY SOBER

PLAY MORE SONGS

VARY THE SETLISTS EACH SHOW

FIND MR RON WOOD

or if that's too much,

STOP TOURING

RELEASE MORE STUFF FROM VAULTS

hopefully they monitor these comments...

Date: January 20, 2010 17:12

For me..The greatest Rock band ever who in thiers and mine younger days were Rebels and anti establishment and had the greatest front man that will ever be..it wont work anymore in your mid 60s in 2012 or whenever,I admit its exciting and a great atmosphere at a Stones show with all the hype,pyros,sound systems of today....but to me its ALL about the music and it just doesnt work anymore "LIVE".We "ALL" do not want to see it come to an end,but it unfortunatly should,same feeling when on that awful day we heard Brian had died,We couldnt believe it,but that doesnt change anything...carry on in the studio boys or whatever...just dont try and fool me leaping around at 66 yrs old it just is not the ROLLING STONES to me,,,but thats just my opinion of course,I honestly think in thier shoes I would carry on too if I was still able its a very hard subject.

Date: January 20, 2010 17:12

<< PLAY SOBER >>

Good luck with that one.

<< FIND MR RON WOOD >>

"Find", or "Fire"?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 20, 2010 17:28

"<<< They know that some people are never happy with anything >>>

Precisely"

aka above?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 20, 2010 17:32

Sir Craven of Cottage
bv

That might have been the case in the past.

But things have moved on. It's fair to say that the latter stages of the ABB tour saw the Stone heavily reliant on back up musicians. This is a one way street - they are in decline so they are going to be more and more reliant on Blondie etc. So whilst they are in decline their appetite for cash and the prices they charge will be going in the opposite direction.

Since the 2007 O2 shows we have experienced the economic downturn. Life isn't so easy and people have to make tough decisions. Many people will decide not to bother with a very expensive ticket to a show which will be a re-heat of whhat they saw in 2002, 2003, 2005-2007. They are not going to get anything new for their money, the formula will remain the same.

That's why myself and many others will look at this and say thanks but no.

I still love the band but I genuinely feel they will damage their legacy by touring again. For that reason I hope they don't.

precisely. why would any diehard fan wanna see a rehash of the same show, only played worse, they've seen many times already? i can guarantee you i won't be there - and i'm sure i'm hardly alone. and you won't find a bigger stones fan than me, either, so don't even bother going there....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 20, 2010 17:42

This is a pointless threat. Nobody will seriously think that the Stones are planning their lifes based on internet comments. -Yet, anybody who walks on a stage has to live with the audiences oppinions. And if they play on a 2007 level many people will dislike it.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1697
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home