Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shake your hips
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: January 15, 2010 15:38

I recently added my cd's (official and boots) to my Zune HD player. There were some cd's I couldn't find (Exile being one) so I downloaded those from the Zune Marketplace. Now last night I played Exile and when Shake your hips came on I swear it was a different version. The vocals were different. Sure it had been awhile since I had heard it but still after years of listening it was seared into my mind. Last night the vocals seemed to sound like Mick from that time period but not quite the sound from Exile I remember. Guitars seemed a bit different too. Has there already been a remix that may be the cause of this? Anyone else noticed something similar? I have since found my cd from the Virgin re issue and will compare the two.......

Re: Shake your hips
Date: January 15, 2010 16:37

It wasn't this version?

Re: Shake your hips
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: January 15, 2010 16:50

Nope, not this version although thank you for the reminder! Great stuff. I love Tumbling Dice from this set too!!! The main difference in what I have( and again this is off the Zune Exile album download) is that Mick's voice is more normal without the countryish bluesy twang/drawl he used on the album. Much cleaneer vocally and musically. Great to hear but not quite the original. Very strange indeed but I'm glad to have found it. Wondered if anyone else had.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2098
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home