Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "Bridges" sessions outtakes?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 15, 2010 20:51

kees
Gazza, I heard that not only with the VL outtakes, but also with that great New Barberians material released a few years ago by M. Valley, there was a leak in the Ronnie Wood camp.
Btw, same for the CD with the rehearsals for LIve Aid. Dylan, Wood and Richards.
Remember that release in great stereo soundboard!

The Live Aid rehearsals almost certainly came from someone close to Woody. That tape was trading in Stones circles for quite some time before it filtered into the Dylan fan community.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 15, 2010 21:05

Gazza

The Live Aid rehearsals almost certainly came from someone close to Woody.

lol, see my previous post... ol' reliable ron.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 15, 2010 23:51

cc
Gazza

The Live Aid rehearsals almost certainly came from someone close to Woody.

lol, see my previous post... ol' reliable ron.

I hear that Ronnie will hook you up with just about any tape you want for a bottle of decent polish vodka.

That said, I agree with skipstone - listening to Voodoo Residue/Brew/Stew, you get a really insightful panoramic look into the process of recording an album. It's really very fascinating and, though Voodoo ain't exactly Exile, I'd rather have 10 cd's or so worth of outtake stuff from this album as opposed to, say, Steel Wheels.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 15, 2010 23:54

And what's stunning to me is that they left off You Got It Made - excellent tune! And a couple others, that one with the harmonica and keyboard that's sort of a ballad (can't recall the name of it right now). Some good stuff left off the album for weaker things - New Faces, Sweethearts Together are two really good examples - what were they thinking?

Possibly my fave from the Voodoo boots is the unedited (is it or all of them in mono?) The Worst. They should have not cut it down.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: January 16, 2010 00:00

skipstone
And what's stunning to me is that they left off You Got It Made - excellent tune! And a couple others, that one with the harmonica and keyboard that's sort of a ballad (can't recall the name of it right now). Some good stuff left off the album for weaker things - New Faces, Sweethearts Together are two really good examples - what were they thinking?

Possibly my fave from the Voodoo boots is the unedited (is it or all of them in mono?) The Worst. They should have not cut it down.

Well I really like New Faces so I am glad they left it on, but 100% agreed about 'You Got it Made'. One of Keith's best rockers and it's totally baffling that they left it off VL, and even more baffling that w/all the chances they've had to release it on subsequent albums and still failed to do so. Shit, all Keith needs to do is finish the lyrics and tighten up the arrangement. It would be fine on a Winos album but I don't see him making another one of those anytime soon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 16, 2010 00:08

Gazza
dcba
Gazza it's OT but could you tell us how you discovered the Auckland'73 tape?

As some of you probably know, I'm also a big Dylan fan. Was trading tapes around 1994 with a guy from Auckland and happened to mention in my letter that I was a Stones collector as well. He mailed me back and said he'd seen the Stones once - in Auckland in 1973 - and had actually recorded the show. Being only new to trading circles, he'd never traded it, and was amazed when I informed him that no recording of the show had ever circulated.

He was happy to do a trade for the master of it. He only recorded 11 of the 14 songs that were performed because his batteries ran out. There have been bootleg CDs (not made by me) of this show down the years which include a 14-song set, but regardless of what it may say on the label to the contrary, the last 3 songs (Rip This Joint/JJ Flash/Street Fighting Man) have been added from another show - they weren't recorded. Its a pretty good recording and I've even seen it listed as a possible soundboard - it isn't, it was just taped very close to a speaker and crowd noise is minimal.

Thanks Gazza! and logically comes the next question : have you ever torrented your 1st gen?

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 2, 2010 06:00

As an Aucklander i'd love a 1st gen copy, mate this is a national treasure.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home