Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: THE ROLLING STONES BY "MR.REALITY"
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 15, 2010 23:19

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 15, 2010 23:58

Bliss
Please tell us how you were almost invited to Mick's wedding.
we were not invited,my friend and I were going to drive to ST.Tropez and see if we could get close or whatever,same way we drove to STARGROVE one day,We drove into the place and were met by some guys who just said Mick wasnt around etc,so we thanked them and left,it was the kinda thing you could do in those days,obviously you couldnt do that sort of thing nowdays,only thing I remember about the place was a clocktower and it was a big placesmoking smiley

Date: January 16, 2010 00:12

misterfrias
Please keep the stories coming, MARSBAR. I would like to hear (read?) more about your impression of the Hyde Park show.
We drove down to just outside London,then took a train in the night before,walked to Hyde Park and sat near the stage area and there was a few people around,the police would normally have told us to leave the park as you cant stay overnight there,but they decided it was better to keep us all in one place so they let us staythumbs up.Some singing etc,and some folks made a small fire etc,etc.Woke up next morning and BAM!!! hundreds of people arriving and we had never seen so many folks,it got really hot,a lot of people fainted,and some made paper hats to keep the sun off.I have a book (Glossy) called ROCK n ROLL Circus by Mick Farren & George Snow with lots of info and photos of all the bands in the 60/70s and groupies etc,one photo shows the crown in HYDE PARK and im in IT!!!!!My then girlfriend is standing and dancing and near us is a skinny black guy with a headband also dancing,I remember him well as you didnt see many black guys back then in audiences in England.As for the concert...we loved every minute of it...but watching the video nowdays one realises they were god awful really..but being really nervous didnt help the band either...also the Hells Angels(English style) in the video are hilarious to watch nowdays.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 16, 2010 00:56

Hi MARSBAR- as someone who was born in 69- I am enjoying your recollections of the early stones , and the 60s . Please keep them coming- can you tell more about the stones at RnR circus? Thanks.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 16, 2010 01:19

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 16, 2010 10:20

MARSBAR
My then girlfriend is standing and dancing and near us is a skinny black guy with a headband also dancing

Hey Marsie, check this video around 2.20

-------------------

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 16, 2010 10:33

MARSBAR, could you please send an email at bridgestobabylon@hotmail.com

Just say Hi.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 16, 2010 10:58

Well, about that part of Charlie enjoying himself because he was playing with a good guitar player (Mick Taylor):

When I saw Charlie in Southampton with the ABC-thing he was really enjoying himself and one of the reasons was, I think, because he likes Ben Water's playing a lot. At one point, when Ben Waters was doing his thing, Charlie rolled his eyes as if he still couldn't believe how good he (BW) is...

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: January 16, 2010 13:28

Thanks, MARSBAR.

You really should write these stories down before they fade from memory for good. Lots of posters on this board really love to hear/read about these shows from decades past.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: January 16, 2010 16:58

Rolling Hansie
Thats the book Hansie...page 27..Im just in front (sitting)of the girl standing dancing(Beverley)my then girlfriend,my head is turned slightly to the right talking to my best friend who unfortunatly died of cancer a few years later:<(

Date: January 16, 2010 18:23

But are you in the video ?

Probably not, the camera doesn't go down

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-16 18:24 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: January 16, 2010 21:42

Write a book man, I am the first one to buy it. Your post seems silly to me

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 17, 2010 11:26

keeffriffhard

Fiction sells well !!

Date: January 17, 2010 20:32

boston2006
keeffriffhard

Fiction sells well !!
"You should know kid!!"is this Roger Daltrey you asked eye popping smiley!Jimmy Saville did not look anything like Daltrey,not even close a real Rock & Roll expert you are! thumbs downthumbs downgrinning smiley

Date: January 17, 2010 20:35

keeffriffhard
Write a book man, I am the first one to buy it. Your post seems silly to me[/uote]
What post seems silly to you?

Date: January 17, 2010 22:20

MARSBAR
boston2006
keeffriffhard

Fiction sells well !!
"You should know kid!!"is this Roger Daltrey you asked eye popping smiley!Jimmy Saville did not look anything like Daltrey,not even close a real Rock & Roll expert you are! thumbs downthumbs downgrinning smiley

Never stated that I was .

Date: January 18, 2010 19:50

boston2006
MARSBAR
boston2006
keeffriffhard

Fiction sells well !!

Never stated that I was .
Good!As long as you know.smoking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 18, 2010 22:27

Well, well, this is interesting...is he authentic or is he a really crass wannabe...I'm pretty much 50/50 at the moment....what makes me really sus, is the folkyfirekitten....is she new to this site? If so, that's a hell of a coincidence she turns up at that moment! If she's a regular, I apologise, deeply. There is one way of getting to the roots of this....photos, show us photos, everybody who has worked for or with the stones has the photos!

Date: January 18, 2010 22:44

crumbling_mice , I'm suspect also . Here's the information you seek .

User Profile : FolkyFireKitten1
Email: Hidden
Date Registered: three years ago
Last Activity: four days ago

Date: January 18, 2010 23:25

boston2006

Look you guys for gods sake give it a bloody rest will you..If you are Stones fans you must know of BLUE LENAS site//do you?just go to google and type in Blue lena,its a well known site,she knows me,has met me,etc,etc.Enough people have posted they know me even in this site..so drop it.If you dont know BLs site you aint no Stones fan,she also does a Stones magazine with a european lady"STONES PLANET"BL isfrom the USA,Im from Canada,who folkyfireekitten is I have no idea..give it a rest,you are way out of line,you dont know me you are just guessing,and I am not trying to prove anything re; the Stones I know where ive been and what ive done,as do other people so drop it.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 18, 2010 23:26

FolkyFireKitten1 is a real person, a woman in fact.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 18, 2010 23:33

Not enough said here to negate and dismiss the presumption of innocence.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 19, 2010 09:53

boston2006

Stop it please .
I DO KNOW HER .I 've talking on the phone with her last month and she's a very nice person .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: January 19, 2010 14:33

MARSBAR
boston2006

Look you guys for gods sake give it a bloody rest will you..If you are Stones fans you must know of BLUE LENAS site//do you?just go to google and type in Blue lena,its a well known site,she knows me,has met me,etc,etc.Enough people have posted they know me even in this site..so drop it.If you dont know BLs site you aint no Stones fan,she also does a Stones magazine with a european lady"STONES PLANET"BL isfrom the USA,Im from Canada,who folkyfireekitten is I have no idea..give it a rest,you are way out of line,you dont know me you are just guessing,and I am not trying to prove anything re; the Stones I know where ive been and what ive done,as do other people so drop it.

You are a real person, no doubts. I have doubts about your stories - are they really true? I think not. But it is just me. I don't care about any proof. I simply hate that kind of attitude 'I love the Stones, but...' and 'know reality'. And - your qoutes seem to be a collection of die-hard Mick Taylor fans' quotes from the iorr forum.
Anyway, the dog onstage in Altamont, was that yours?

Date: January 19, 2010 16:56

keefed
MARSBAR
boston2006

You are a real person, no doubts. I have doubts about your stories - are they really true? I think not. But it is just me. I don't care about any proof. I simply hate that kind of attitude 'I love the Stones, but...' and 'know reality'. And - your qoutes seem to be a collection of die-hard Mick Taylor fans' quotes from the iorr forum.
Anyway, the dog onstage in Altamont, was that yours?
I was living in England when Altamont happened for one thing,Altamont is in the USA..I guess you didnt know that,you are obviously a die hard keith fan and having a little tiff as I like Taylors guitar work,I love Keith too mate,I was just making points about Taylors excellent playing capabilities etc,etc.And as I posted earlier I roadied for Keith & Winos in Chicago for one gig at the Aragorn,it was amazing,there all day,watched the Winos rehearse in the afternoon sitting at the front of the satge wearing my STONES jacket etc,Keith nods to me as he plays ...EAT YOUR HEART OUT.And by the way kid...post all the interesting things you have done in life,where you have been etc,etc,give us all a good laugh.

Date: January 19, 2010 17:04

If anybody lives in Chicago and knows of or seen a band "THE WACO BROS"go and talk to the mandolin player (Tracey)and ask him about his buddy who came down from Canada to roadie with him for Winos in 1993 at the Aragorn theatre(Main Offender tour)...then post it in here so MR.Doubt-it can have proof he so desperatly needs...now go and listen to Michael Buble or barry Manilow much more your style @#$%&.smoking smileythumbs down

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 19, 2010 17:23

no need to be defensive, Mars

I'd like more Stones stories, rock on...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 19, 2010 17:38

MARSBAR,

your "stories" are so damn vague that its obvious they are made up. You claim that that you have been here and there, but what you write could have been written by anybody who wasnt here and there. This and your whole appearance stinks of attention-seeking to the highest degree.

Date: January 19, 2010 22:31

alimente
MARSBAR,

your "stories" are so damn vague that its obvious they are made up. You claim that that you have been here and there, but what you write could have been written by anybody who wasnt here and there. This and your whole appearance stinks of attention-seeking to the highest degree.

alimente , your spot on ! ! !

Date: January 19, 2010 23:56

alimente
MARSBAR,

Obviously they are vague you moron,I was in the audience at R&R Circus and Hyde park I cannot PROVEit all,i didnt work for the stones never claimed to have,and by the way,use a bit of common sense,at R&R circus for example you couldnt take a camera in there for obvious reasons,we didnt think 40 yrs later we would be talking about it is another reason,So how would I have proof?Think what you like,but it amazes me how on stones sites when one talks about what they have done..there are ALWAYS idiots who cannot handle that someone posts about thier experience of being there..I said it before ENVY.I have been on another stones site for 10 yrs,always read IORR "NEWS" section to see the latest news,read posts in here for the first time not long ago,thought I would post some memories thats ALL...vague as they are.....the guy Bemused or whatever his name is who posts and worked with the Stones says the same thing....long time ago=memory problem,you just remember certain things as in anything in life. HOW???just by reading posts you can deduce someone is making something up is beyond me?why the hell would I bother to make it all up...to impress people? just think about it ......smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home