Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: THE ROLLING STONES BY "MR.REALITY"
Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 21, 2010 17:47

marsie, may I ask why you chose to register here only eight days ago?
were you under a different user name before?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 21, 2010 17:58

Hey angee, how the project coming?

I'd love to get a copy when you're finished.

Scotty

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 21, 2010 18:01

MR MARS , are you the same Marsbar from RS.com ?
I used to post on it from time to time 2 years ago but I quickly understood where were the REAL informations ,that is to say here ,on RO and two other sites.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 21, 2010 21:22

(Elmo, hi!Project going okay...slowly.
Will let you know when fruition is nearer, or
write me any time.)

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 21, 2010 23:13

angee
marsie, may I ask why you chose to register here only eight days ago?
were you under a different user name before?
Because I post on another stones site and have done for about 10 yrs,I always read IORR for Stones news every day,but never thought about posting in here till I clicked on "TELL ME" and saw what it was.I have always used just this name on sites.

Date: January 21, 2010 23:15

SwayStones
MR MARS , are you the same Marsbar from RS.com ?
I used to post on it from time to time 2 years ago but I quickly understood where were the REAL informations ,that is to say here ,on RO and two other sites.[/quote No Im notsmoking smiley

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: January 24, 2010 10:42

Marsbar..thumbs up

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: January 25, 2010 16:29

MARSBAR
We drove down to just outside London,then took a train in the night before,walked to Hyde Park and sat near the stage area and there was a few people around,the police would normally have told us to leave the park as you cant stay overnight there,but they decided it was better to keep us all in one place so they let us staythumbs up.Some singing etc,and some folks made a small fire etc,etc.Woke up next morning and BAM!!! hundreds of people arriving and we had never seen so many folks,it got really hot,a lot of people fainted,and some made paper hats to keep the sun off.I have a book (Glossy) called ROCK n ROLL Circus by Mick Farren & George Snow with lots of info and photos of all the bands in the 60/70s and groupies etc,one photo shows the crown in HYDE PARK and im in IT!!!!!My then girlfriend is standing and dancing and near us is a skinny black guy with a headband also dancing,I remember him well as you didnt see many black guys back then in audiences in England.As for the concert...we loved every minute of it...but watching the video nowdays one realises they were god awful really..but being really nervous didnt help the band either...also the Hells Angels(English style) in the video are hilarious to watch nowdays.

I can do this too:

I was at Hyde Park. You can see me next to Marianne Faithful wearing the butterfly shirt. Shirt went well with the butterfly I caught from the boxes emptied onstage thumbs up Rather hot, unlike Altamont where I had to bundle up. Scent of joss sticks and burning hemp everywhere. Super-crowded, but not as bad as it got at '76 Knebworth. Can't remember what bands opened, certainly not as many as at Woodstock but then I was there three days vs. one (thank God it didn't rain). Mick and the band tried hard to put on a good show but their instruments were out of tune. Same thing happened when we were jamming in the basement at Nellcote. smoking smiley The British Angels were much cooler than the American Angels. Met an Angel named Wild Child, he took me backstage. Must admit I was startled when that black chap dressed in African tribal garb came out eye popping smiley Almost as freaky as when I saw the saucer at Glastonbury Fayre . . . .

Date: January 25, 2010 17:06

dancingmisterd
MARSBAR
We drove down to just outside London,then took a train in the night before,walked to Hyde Park and sat near the stage area and there was a few people around,the police would normally have told us to leave the park as you cant stay overnight there,but they decided it was better to keep us all in one place so they let us staythumbs up.Some singing etc,and some folks made a small fire etc,etc.Woke up next morning and BAM!!! hundreds of people arriving and we had never seen so many folks,it got really hot,a lot of people fainted,and some made paper hats to keep the sun off.I have a book (Glossy) called ROCK n ROLL Circus by Mick Farren & George Snow with lots of info and photos of all the bands in the 60/70s and groupies etc,one photo shows the crown in HYDE PARK and im in IT!!!!!My then girlfriend is standing and dancing and near us is a skinny black guy with a headband also dancing,I remember him well as you didnt see many black guys back then in audiences in England.As for the concert...we loved every minute of it...but watching the video nowdays one realises they were god awful really..but being really nervous didnt help the band either...also the Hells Angels(English style) in the video are hilarious to watch nowdays.

I can do this too:

I was at Hyde Park. You can see me next to Marianne Faithful wearing the butterfly shirt. Shirt went well with the butterfly I caught from the boxes emptied onstage thumbs up Rather hot, unlike Altamont where I had to bundle up. Scent of joss sticks and burning hemp everywhere. Super-crowded, but not as bad as it got at '76 Knebworth. Can't remember what bands opened, certainly not as many as at Woodstock but then I was there three days vs. one (thank God it didn't rain). Mick and the band tried hard to put on a good show but their instruments were out of tune. Same thing happened when we were jamming in the basement at Nellcote. smoking smiley The British Angels were much cooler than the American Angels. Met an Angel named Wild Child, he took me backstage. Must admit I was startled when that black chap dressed in African tribal garb came out eye popping smiley Almost as freaky as when I saw the saucer at Glastonbury Fayre . . . .
Good to hear from you>grinning smiley<You were closer to stage than I was,The British Angels I would say were like a disney caraciture of the USA Angels...not scary in the slightest,I remember them being helpful and helping people who were fainting,as we noticed quite a few people fainted in the heat.smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home