Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Stones tour 2011/2012
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 13, 2010 16:06

If it is "The Last Time", I suspect something like The Licks Tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 13, 2010 16:11

Yep, The Stones will tour next year and the Winos have been calling Keith up to get together. Not trying to be cynical, but it's the safe answer you give when you're cornered by fans or press and not prepared to make a real statement.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 16:23

what i don´t understand is why is charlie watts allowed to give away such an important info about the rolling stones before an official statement.

would mick and keith like this???

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 13, 2010 16:51

Charlie is allowed to say anything I suppose. In the article the mayor of Bad Ischl says that a Stones tour in 2011 was possible. So this is nothing but speculation.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 13, 2010 16:53

"why is charlie watts allowed to give away such an important info about the rolling stones"

Cause he's a founder member and probably doesn't give a fig.....

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 13, 2010 16:55

Charlie is telling this because he does not think there is an internet. Talking to people in a town in Austria is not the same as London or NYC. To him. Also, remember, he is not the drummer boy of Mick. Another reason.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 13, 2010 17:18

Good, I'm glad we've gotten to the bottom of this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-13 17:19 by ryanpow.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 13, 2010 17:40

I think that if this is true, it is not a good thing because the further back that this tour gets pushed, the more likely it is that it will NEVER happen. This is not about being pessimistic, it is just a fact, IMO. So many things can happen in 18 months...I'm not going to list them...I'm superstitious, but it would be better to put out the new album later this year and tour in the fall if they really intend to stage such a huge event ever again.
And Mick is NOT the lead singer for Charlie...

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 13, 2010 17:42

ablett

Cause he's a founder member

No he is not a founder member Charlie only joined in 1963, the oldest Rolling Stones demos are with Dick Taylor on bass and Tony Chapman on the drums

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 17:54

no matter founding member or not, and charlie surely is not micks drummer boy.

but when in the history of the stones was charlie allowed to announce anything.

i can imagine mick and keith think it is cool to have some rumours and to let other members or people close to the band spread some rumors.

i strongly believe if mick didn´t want to let any info through, he would simply tell charlie to not say anything and i think he wouldn´t if it was micks will.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 13, 2010 17:58

Need to tour ASAP. Time waits for no one ........

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 13, 2010 18:04

No tour in 2010 means three years not touring. No big deal really because we had it before: 1991, 1992, 1993. Not to speak of the even bigger gap between 1982 and 1989, but this was a different thing. With their key markets showing oversaturation during ABB, they simply need longer gaps to create interest again. Their age and health is one thing, but even if they are physically able to tour, it does not mean that they would be able to sell enough tickets.

After ABB, a 6 year break from touring like in the 80s would be even better to overcome the market saturation. But then, theres their age and health...so I guess 3 years not touring is a compromise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-13 18:05 by alimente.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 13, 2010 18:19

tatters
One last mega tour, with a stage that's bigger than U2's, and that will be the last "hurrah".

"Mega", "Bigger", and "Hurrah"

From the Rolling Stones dictionary are three words that translate into:

stadiums, warhorses, two hour show.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 13, 2010 18:43

mickschix
I think that if this is true, it is not a good thing because the further back that this tour gets pushed, the more likely it is that it will NEVER happen. This is not about being pessimistic, it is just a fact, IMO. So many things can happen in 18 months...
so many things CAN happen... such as, the band rehearsing intensely, ronnie sobering up and getting his act together (being a sober musician is much harder than you think), keith working with his hands and getting a feel for the guitar again (if he lost it, that is), mick mastering new dance moves. not touring this year might be a good thing. get your act together, boys, for one last hurrah! (but only if you're gonna be good). and please, no giant stadium tours with fireworks and crap behind you. i know your egos demand it, but seriously, make it a simple tour just about the music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-13 18:46 by bernardanderson.

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 18:58

Please don't try and be bigger than the U2 360 stage, that thing is MASSIVE and U2 won't even profit until this year's leg of that tour. Financially it would make no sense and we know that's very important to the Stones.

What they should do is play mostly arenas/theaters with the occasional "HUGE GIG" like Rio. Play Central Park etc, every couple of months or so, get lots of press and play in some unique locales.....ending it all with "HUGE GIG" in Hyde Park around the time of the Olympics.....

or something like that

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 13, 2010 19:10

stoneswashed77
no matter founding member or not, and charlie surely is not micks drummer boy.

but when in the history of the stones was charlie allowed to announce anything.

i can imagine mick and keith think it is cool to have some rumours and to let other members or people close to the band spread some rumors.

i strongly believe if mick didn´t want to let any info through, he would simply tell charlie to not say anything and i think he wouldn´t if it was micks will.

At least Charlie is not opposing a tour - on the contrary, he seems willing to do it.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 13, 2010 19:13

bv
Charlie is telling this because he does not think there is an internet. Talking to people in a town in Austria is not the same as London or NYC. To him. Also, remember, he is not the drummer boy of Mick. Another reason.

apparently, he also said that at the press conference there. still can't believe they actually had one.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 13, 2010 19:14

"No he is not a founder member Charlie only joined in 1963, the oldest Rolling Stones demos are with Dick Taylor on bass and Tony Chapman on the drums"

LOL! Love it, you get better day by day! Talk about splitting hairs.....

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: January 13, 2010 19:26

I have a hell of a lot more in faith in what Charlie has to say than what Keith or Ronnie say. They are both fountains of misinformation.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 13, 2010 20:48

behroez
ablett

Cause he's a founder member

No he is not a founder member Charlie only joined in 1963, the oldest Rolling Stones demos are with Dick Taylor on bass and Tony Chapman on the drums

Maybe they can ring up Dick and Tony for the next tour...I mean, they are "founder" members!

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 13, 2010 21:26

My personal opinion is they have played their last show.
Maybe not out of choice. But time not being their best option.
Leaving their glittering live career like this is understandable.
I see no problem with a last studio album.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: January 13, 2010 21:42

Lorenz
bv

apparently, he also said that at the press conference there. still can't believe they actually had one.

As far as I know the press conference is on Friday.
(when they are back from Switzerland in Bad Ischl again)

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: January 13, 2010 21:59

deleted...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-13 22:02 by mariannerl.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 14, 2010 13:02

Friday's press conference .... a preview

Mick: I love Marmite on my toast for breakfast, and I love the Queen

Keith: I don't do breakfast and I've no comment on the Queen

Charlie: I have nothing to say, and anyway ... I'm off to a horse fair

Ronnie: What are we all here for ? Is there a bar in the house ?

Chuck: I'm done with all this, it's that Mick Jagger ... anyone would think it was HIS band the way he carries on

Blondie: I'm out too, that bloody Keith and his guitar tech, they're always pilfering my guitar strings

Lisa: And me, I'm all for trimmming costs where possible, but firing the hairdresser ... that's one step too far

Daryl: And me, if I have to play Miss You once more I'll go nuts. I'm off to play bass for the Who, always did prefer Pinball Wizard to Miss You anyway

Mick again: O well talk about rats deserting a sinking ship. Well f**k this ... KEITH, ya comin' ???

Keith: Yeah man, we're outa here. Say Mick ... ya had breakfast yet ? I don't half fancy Marmite on toast .........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-14 13:03 by paulywaul.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 14, 2010 17:40

Fountains Of Misinformation - the name of the band Keith and Ronnie should have if they were to go on tour this year.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: January 14, 2010 17:46

lets hope they can.....

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:36

they should bill it as a farewell tour. not The Super Biggest Bangiest Bang Of All Bangs Tour or Rolling Stones Rock In Yer Face Tour or something dumb. The Rolling Stones Farewell Tour would generate a lot of press and fans would come out in droves knowing that this officially will be the last time they will see the Stones in concert.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:40

Good post!!thumbs up

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:42

and a video game

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 14, 2010 18:43

bernardanderson
they should bill it as a farewell tour. not The Super Biggest Bangiest Bang Of All Bangs Tour or Rolling Stones Rock In Yer Face Tour or something dumb. The Rolling Stones Farewell Tour would generate a lot of press and fans would come out in droves knowing that this officially will be the last time they will see the Stones in concert.

Yes, probably the only way they can fill seats at this point is by calling it "The Last Time" tour. The sentiment and nostalgia generated by this would also go a long way to papering over the poor playing.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home