Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Album Ramble: Wandering Spirit
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 17:15

Superb album.

What with Voodoo Lounge and its tour just around the corner, it was a great time to be a Jagger/Stones fan.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 11, 2010 17:16

I might be the only one who doesn't like Spirit.

It has some good tracks, sometimes exellent (sweet thing), but as an album it sounds too forced, to "Rubinized" (and on my book this is not a compliment).

C

Posted by: normanplace ()
Date: January 11, 2010 17:40

Wandering Spirit is the best and most complete CD of Stones material in the 90's ( or '00's) for that matter. Sorry to say it but B2B and VL aren't all that memorable. Clearly Jagger pulled a lot of his A-material for himself.

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: January 12, 2010 05:35

IMHO best Stones solo LP. This was Mick being Mick and not trying to record something he felt was current.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 12, 2010 05:38

so, crumblin-mice, did you dig out your copy and give it a blast?

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: January 12, 2010 07:10

Fantastic, energized album, far the best of his solo works, and better and even with more variety than some ( not many ) stones albums.
The band is very,very tight, songwriting is strong , not cheap at all, compared to e.g. Lets Work.
Very much energy, sounds like band with young guys ( 20/25 or so ...)
And so straight and tight.....

Eventhough the style varies from song to song pretty much, it doesn't make you feel tired, and the variety is not brought in to be special, or as a show-off, but it sounds all very natural, to me.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 12, 2010 07:52

I love Mick's take of I've Been Lonely for so Long. A fine album too bad Talk is Cheap, Main Offender and Wandering Spirit along with Ronnie's solo album of the time were not Stones collaborations they may have had a great album!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 12, 2010 17:01

It shows that he just focused on rock'n'roll instead of pop music and cheeky music, like She's The Boss and Primitive Cool are (in order). Although there are good songs on She's The Boss and Primitive Cool, they don't really come across that well because the production sucks.

Wandering Spirit is Mick just doing whatever he wants to do without the stupid selfish attitude he had with the previous albums.

He went back to that selfishness with Goddess In The Doorway, doing songs that sounded of the current trend, too dance oriented and quite tuneless melodies that are, for the most part, flat. God Gave Me Everything I Want is the exception.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 12, 2010 17:45

been a few years since i've given it a spin, but it's clearly his best record. and, among stones-related product, yeah, prolly the last truly inspired effort. but, hey it's only been a coupla decades...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home