Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: ac/dc concert sells out in 12 minutes
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: January 10, 2010 14:28

World Radio Switzerland reports that all 45,000 tickets for the much-anticipated concert by veteran rockers AC/DC in Bern, Switzerland this summer were snapped up in just 12 minutes.

The concert will take place in the Stade de Suisse on June 8.

One more reason why Stones not touring has nothing to do with economy crisis:

Re: OT: ac/dc concert sells out in 12 minutes
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 10, 2010 15:23

Ot but imho the tidal wave of the crisis will hit late 2010 so...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 10, 2010 15:40

The recognition and success - or the recognition of the success - of AC/DC is an intersting phenomeonon of recent years. They sell almost like U2. When their forecoming gig in Finland was advertised in our local paper they were called "the biggest rock and roll band in teh world" - it seemingly had the implicit edgy claim that AC(DC actually is what the Stones are just called...

Perhaps it is a sign that there isn't really many constant hard rocking strong bands any longer, and AC/DC - a band that hasn't invited a fresh riff or idea for some 30 years, and is based one-track idea of hard rock, and whose conservative setlist makes The Stones look an avantgarde orchestra - is like a true survivor who hasn't made any 'compromises' to their energetic nature. Perhaps - to speculate som more - the case of AC/DC is like with many of these 70's born rock groups - to think of Kiss or Iron Maiden, etc. - that go under the label of 'hard rock' is that they have born with a quite basic and limited idea of rock, and they never escape too far from it - well, occasionally some go to pop, like Aerosmith - so their 'idea' is very easy to sell to masses and to be grasped by them. People surely know what they are going to get when they go to their concerts. Works very well these days. Especially when all the Beavises and Buttheads are quite wealthy these days... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 10, 2010 15:55

Doxa
All the Beavises and Buttheads are quite wealthy these days... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Uh, huh, huh, huh, huh.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: January 10, 2010 16:41

All the U2s and ACDCs have something in common what they will never be able to achieve. They had just not been around in the 60s.The Stones have been always around and the band is an historical Icon not only a band making music. And on top of that Jagger and Richards are not everybodies darling. ACDC are such nice people its driving me crazy as well as U2. I prefer guys with edges and personal style.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:09

Consistency - U2, AC/DC
Inconsistency - The Rolling Stones

There you go.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:18

Bitches Brew
World Radio Switzerland reports that all 45,000 tickets for the much-anticipated concert by veteran rockers AC/DC in Bern, Switzerland this summer were snapped up in just 12 minutes.

It certainly has if youre charging £150 a ticket instead of about a third of that amount.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: January 10, 2010 20:54

Strange that there are still a fair amount of tix for their show in Milwaukee. Of course, flying in from Switzerland for an April show might be a bit insane... On a related note, have they decided to mix up their setlist after the fan complaints of the same thing every show?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:02

Gazza
Bitches Brew

It certainly has if youre charging £150 a ticket instead of about a third of that amount.

In Hannover and Dresden the price for AC/Dc is around 82 Euro.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:06

Still a shitload less than what the Stones were charging in Germany in 2007, no?

Plus AC DC hadnt toured for ages until last year - supply and demand is a huge factor as well as prices.

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:08

AC/DC still has Bonn Scott's family on the payroll. I always admired them for that!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:12

Gazza
Still a shitload less than what the Stones were charging in Germany in 2007, no?

Plus AC DC hadnt toured for ages until last year - supply and demand is a huge factor as well as prices.

Agree - Stones got a too greedy at least on the last 2 tours. And when you have pushed the price that far up as the Stones did, it is damn difficult to lower the price again. How can you justify that? The fans will be upset.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: January 10, 2010 21:35

AC DC was a very fast sell-out last year in Germany. With this year's German leg it's different. The ticket sales started some weeks ago and there are still lots of tickets available for ALL German shows.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 11, 2010 02:59

It would be fitting if AC/DC asked the Stones to ope for them this summer

PS : Berlin Olympic Stadium is 95% sold out already

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 11, 2010 03:41

Geez, every time an Ac/Dc post comes up this clown comes out of his cave! Shouldn't you be hibernating for the winter? Stones worrying about what another band is doing....DREAM ON! The KING does not worry about what the court jesters are doing....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:02

AC/DC will sell tickets as long as people keep producing teenage boys.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:04

No Expectations
andy js
It would be fitting if AC/DC asked the Stones to ope for them this summer

why not, the only reason those shows sold out for the stones was because acdc was on the bill, same goes for other stones shows with big name openers

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:17

Taylor Swift sold out MSG in less than a minute.

Date: January 11, 2010 04:22

they probably want to see the opening act

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:32

The KING does not worry about what the court jesters are doing....

He should 'cause most assassins are completely trained in the art of disguise ........

ROCKMAN

Date: January 11, 2010 04:35

Rockman
The KING does not worry about what the court jesters are doing....

then how come the stones wont tour without woody?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:36

Wise KING.....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 11, 2010 04:51

the last time i went to see acdc in switzerland i paid 3 euros! ;-) black market completely collapsed and they gave away the tickets almost for free...

Date: January 11, 2010 06:15

AC DC does a lot of things right... Stones could learn a thing or too

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 11, 2010 09:52

guitarbastard
the last time i went to see acdc in switzerland i paid 3 euros! ;-) black market completely collapsed and they gave away the tickets almost for free...

Wait until summer it will be the same.

Mind you: to many people would like to get money out of a Rolling Stones Tour. of course the Stones want to earn a lot, but a lot would like to be part of that earning which is quite unfair for doing not much.

Posted by: bax ()
Date: January 11, 2010 10:29

by the way...the ticket for the Duebendorf 2006 Stones show was around 150.-- CHF...
AC/DC concert it's 140.-- CHF...
not a big difference...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 11, 2010 12:17

No Expectations
Geez, every time an Ac/Dc post comes up this clown comes out of his cave! Shouldn't you be hibernating for the winter?

How can I hibernate when the worlds greatest rock n roll band are rolling into Europe again ?

Like all RNR lovers i'm awake and ready to rock.

I just thought it'd be a good chance for the Stones to get some gigs under their belts in front of a sold out crowd

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: January 11, 2010 13:52

bax
by the way...the ticket for the Duebendorf 2006 Stones show was around 150.-- CHF...
not a big difference...

There is a difference. You can travel by train from whole Switzerland to the concert. Fare is included. I don't have to pay the ticket from Zurich to Berne (regular return fare CHF 92.00 (1/2 tax CHF 46). Many extra trains after the concert. And my friend will travel from Germany. Regular fare CHF 118.00 .. the AC/DC ticket price = CHF 22.00

For me it's cheaper than for someone who lives in Bern.

BTW: I could by my 4 tickets in this presale. Lucky...

Posted by: bax ()
Date: January 11, 2010 15:16

mariannerl
bax
not a big difference...

There is a difference. You can travel by train from whole Switzerland to the concert. Fare is included. I don't have to pay the ticket from Zurich to Berne (regular return fare CHF 92.00 (1/2 tax CHF 46). Many extra trains after the concert. And my friend will travel from Germany. Regular fare CHF 118.00 .. the AC/DC ticket price = CHF 22.00

For me it's cheaper than for someone who lives in Bern.

BTW: I could by my 4 tickets in this presale. Lucky...

it was the same for the Stones show...i remember getting nervous cause i didn't had a train returning (i live to south of the Alps, you know eh eh)... angry smiley

anyway...i'm very happy and lucky to have find my 4 thickets too...
already looking fwd to the show...

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: January 11, 2010 18:08

AC/DC tour was the first tour since 2001 (2003 dates with the Stones were only 5 dates in Germany) and was announced as the last tour of the band.
On the 20 last years AC/DC toured Europe in 91, 96 & 00/01. The Stones did it in 90, 95, 98/99, 03, 06/07. Maybe they toured too much to fill up stadiums. That might be a good reason to postpone the next tour to 2011/12 (which could also be their last tour).

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home