Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

did anybody read actually the official statement?
Posted by: Urban Wheel ()
Date: January 6, 2010 18:04

i was wondering, everybody has an opinion about the 'statement' that no tour will happen in 2010. BUT does anybody have actually read the official one from the Stones camp?

So?

Sincerely UW

'Doo doo doo Heartbreaker'

Re: did anybody read actually the official statement?
Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:08

good question

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:18

Fran lost my mail address...

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:20

Actually?
I did:

"Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010."

(Thanks to Blue Lena)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 20:37 by FolkyFireKitten1.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:20

Daily Mail, Pollstar and NME yawning smiley) exclusively for this prime group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 20:21 by mtaylor.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:26

I think the words "at the moment" make this whole Press Release meaningless.

SO, when April or May comes around and they officially hold a Press Conference to announce the tour what does it say at that moment?

: did anybody read actually the official statement?
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:26

Now we are waiting for an official statement confirming the former official statement eye popping smiley

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:24

The official press release is so ridiculous! They WILL tour this year barring a COMPLETE disasster! They wouldn't be holding back the Exile reissue until April/May if they weren't gonna announce something with it. It makes no sense to wait that long just to re-release 38 yr old album that has a few extra tracks on it. RAdio reports are just re-hashing this statement that we've all heard.
I have to add that RS.com announced the Rolling Stones stamp, but NOTHING about the NO TOUR statement! LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 23:27 by starstar74.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:33

there are no plans for the band to tour in 2010 doesnt necessarily mean they wont do a festival - Glastonbury? I know they generally dont do one offs if they aren't on tour, but times change and it would be a a help to Ron. Anyway here's hoping and just by good fortune I've got my ticket already!!!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:37

So if the Exile reissue is due out in April/May, would anyone have any idea as to the release date of Keiths autobiography?- was due to be sometime in 2010. Hopefully the reason he has been quiet of late is that he is remembering the fantastic rock n roll life he has lead.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:40

crumbling_mice
there are no plans for the band to tour in 2010 doesnt necessarily mean they wont do a festival - Glastonbury?

They've SPECIFICALLY stated theyre NOT playing Glastonbury.

Date: January 6, 2010 23:42

Gazza
crumbling_mice
there are no plans for the band to tour in 2010 doesnt necessarily mean they wont do a festival - Glastonbury?

They've SPECIFICALLY stated theyre NOT playing Glastonbury.

Bugger! That's pissed on my chips....but, I was at the Rounhay Park, Leeds Uk gig (1981 I think) and that was announced as their very last show live - they even came on and toasted the crowd with champagne and took a bow....that followed an offical announcement too. The Stones have, and IMO, always will court chaos and things change quickly depending on many factors. Offical announcements are only as good as the moment they were made!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 23:51 by crumbling_mice.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:48

klrkcr
So if the Exile reissue is due out in April/May, would anyone have any idea as to the release date of Keiths autobiography?- was due to be sometime in 2010. Hopefully the reason he has been quiet of late is that he is remembering the fantastic rock n roll life he has lead.

According to a feature on upcoming releases I read in the papers at the weekend (cant recall which one), it said it was due to be published in October 2010. The title they gave was "My Life - Keith Richards" which seems a bit bland to me and is maybe a working title.

When I saw the publishing date I immediately assumed it was timed so they'd get sales maximised because of the tour, but obviously that was before the events of the last 48 hours.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:55

Thanks Gazza, I was thinking along those lines as well- until the statement came out. So I guess IF no definate tour this year- and possibly no new album, the Exile reissue and a bloody good read( hopefully - dont leave nothing out Keith!) will have see me through 2010.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 6, 2010 23:55

Define 'moment'. What is your interpretation of 'moment'. And why are people assuming that the reissue of Exile with whatever extra has anything to do with a tour? Even if they did tour and Exile did come out they'd still play the same 3 or 4 songs from the album.

So no big deal. "Ah yes, here's Tumbling Dice for ya" says Mick, making everyone feel special that they bought the reissued Exile all the while that track is on the 18 previously issued versions of Exile On Main Street as well as Made In The Shade, Rewind, Jump Back and Forty Licks.

Then there are the live releases, audio and video. Whoo hoo.

Date: January 7, 2010 00:17

skipstone
Define 'moment'. What is your interpretation of 'moment'. And why are people assuming that the reissue of Exile with whatever extra has anything to do with a tour? Even if they did tour and Exile did come out they'd still play the same 3 or

moment as in the moment it is first given public airing = don't get me wrong I'm looking for a glimmer of hope here and I accept the reality is somewhat against anything happening, all I'm saying is official announcements are a statement of things as they are at that particular point in time i.e Jan 2010. Things can and certainly do change quickly in Stones' circles.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 7, 2010 01:16

Sorry but if they were planning a press confrence in april or may I doubt they would have come out with any kind of statement now they never have before so if they were planning a press confrence later in the year they would let the rummors fly for now and lay the ground work later they would not be dening it now.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: January 7, 2010 02:41

maybe they're not interested in helping sell glastonbury tickets when they will never play there. another great example of some worthless promoter making money for himself off the stones.
besides, if they back up the start of the tour to jan/feb 2011 they got a shot at ending the tour in 2012. USA/euro 2011, Japan, Asia, South America 2012. end in fall 2012 with select cities LA, SF,chicago, new york, paris, berlin, london.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1721
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home