Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OK ... so who thinks Sunday 26th August 2007 at the O2 was their last ever Stones show ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:10

I'd like to think it actually wasn't mine, but ................ who knows ? No tour in 2010, no Glastonbury appearance, what DOES that future hold ? Hmmmmmm ? Will we see them again ?

Re: OK ... so who thinks Sunday 26th August 2007 at the O2 was their last ever Stones show ?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:14

Last ever Stones show? - 50/50

Last Stones show with Ronnie Wood? - 80/20

Glastonbury was NEVER going to happen in 2010. I'm amazed people actually believed it would.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 22:14 by Gazza.

Re: OK ... so who thinks Sunday 26th August 2007 at the O2 was their last ever Stones show ?
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:35

I think one possibility is: they are just putting the whole media circus
on hold. If Ronnie gets cleared by May there is still time to announce
and promote a new tour.

If Ronnie doesn´t get it together, I think it´s over...and the O2 show
you mentioned was my last one (and theirs).

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:35

Last ever Stones show - 60/40 in favour of a show.

My last ever Stones show - 50/50. I can honestly say I'm in no way desperate to see them again. For what? To hear the same songs played worse than last time? Although there are many diehard fans who are saying the same thing I don't think that will influence their decision about touring. We are a small minority of the potential audience.

Factors that will influence it presumably include profitability, insurance and collective desire as a group to go out there again. I wouldn't put tour odds above 50/50. I think they still may do some kind of one off show in 2012 which is why I said 60/40.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:42

It's starting to look more that way with every passing day.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:51

nah, 2012

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:57

If I can quote the great Kenny Dalglish: Mibees Ayes, Mibees Naws.

It's a canny Scots thing but covers all eventualities.

>grinning smiley<

Date: January 5, 2010 22:59

paulywaul
I'd like to think it actually wasn't mine, but ................ who knows ? No tour in 2010, no Glastonbury appearance, what DOES that future hold ? Hmmmmmm ? Will we see them again ?

If it was the last one, thanks to YOU, mate, we went out with a bang! thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2010 22:59

......applause is highly addictive

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:01

Harm
nah, 2012

When Mick will be 69! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:15

I'd like to think not too...
...but I'm glad I was there and that the shows were pretty good.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:24

Gazza
paulywaul

If it was the last one, thanks to YOU, mate, we went out with a bang! thumbs up

We sure did! Here's a little pre-show reminder:

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:31

me

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:32

geeeeeeez the sunglasses stall did okay that day ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:35

Part of me hopes it was the last. It wasn't a shoddy way to go out by any means. I do think Mick will not be able to resist an Olympic 2012 performance with or without the others but I'm not expecting another tour.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:45

Lady Jayne
Part of me hopes it was the last. It wasn't a shoddy way to go out by any means. I do think Mick will not be able to resist an Olympic 2012 performance with or without the others but I'm not expecting another tour.

Yep, that's pretty much where I'm at. I can't help thinking of Mick's comment at one of those three O2 shows, can't recall which one precisely - that it had taken them forty odd years to get from Richmond to Greenwich down the Thames ?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: January 5, 2010 23:51

paulywaul
Lady Jayne

Yep, that's pretty much where I'm at. I can't help thinking of Mick's comment at one of those three O2 shows, can't recall which one precisely - that it had taken them forty odd years to get from Richmond to Greenwich down the Thames ?

I remember that one too - either the first or last O2 show. I thought the gathering and expressions of some of the old guard at the various shows - Bill, Anita, Marianne - was significant too.

Date: January 6, 2010 00:12

For a long time, i've been thinking that the end of the story would be a tragedy because i've spent a big part of my life waiting for the next Stones tour.

Two years after this show, i realize that i can live without the Stones and that everything come to an end. I mean, it's writen since the beginning, the Stones are just older than most of us. In fact, i will miss more what is around a tour than the Stones themselves. I've met my best friends because of the Stones and i will continue to meet them as often as possible, considering some of them leave very far from my home. But i've also met a lot of nice people from all over he world, they are also part of the story, and if the Stones stop, this part is over too.

Sorry, what was the question? :-) The last show? Yeah, maybe. Honestly, it was not a very good one and i remember crying during You Got Me Rocking because Keith was so much lost. But as a symbol, i'm ok with the idea. The story started a long long time ago in London, and maybe stopped 2 years ago in London too. Sounds ok. An if it happens to be true, i'm glad i was there, encouraging the boys till the last second.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:31

I'm 99% sure that we'll see more of the Stones.

the missing 1% is reserved for the grim reaper or other unpredicable circumstances.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 6, 2010 00:46

I hope Keith has recovered significantly from 2007. If not they should call it a day. Sad but true. It's been a great ride,but all great things come to an end.

If they try to pull off a major stadium jaunt with sky high prices AND damaged guitarists,I think it may end in tears. I've been attending Stones shows since 82 ,but didn't start drinking at them until 2006 mainly because of the guitar playing,which was often making me cringe if I'm honest.They reminded me of an old boxer who had taken too many punches.

I hope I'm proved wrong.I hated seeing / hearing Keith struggling after so many years of greatness.

Ps The O2 shows were on the whole great,just sometimes............off (?)

sc uk

Date: January 6, 2010 01:09

straycatuk
I hope Keith has recovered significantly from 2007. If not they should call it a day. Sad but true. It's been a great ride,but all great things come to an end.

If they try to pull off a major stadium jaunt with sky high prices AND damaged guitarists,I think it may end in tears. I've been attending Stones shows since 82 ,but didn't start drinking at them until 2006

You quickly made up for all that lost time as I recall...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 6, 2010 01:24

One hell of a party !

Any fan who went through the 80s probably like me ,thought that the band were finished by 1987. I certainly didn't think I'd be attending shows 20 years later !

sc uk

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 6, 2010 01:47

what about one big massive pay per view 4hr gig

all the big songs, fan faves, acoustic sit down sessions.

then a 25 minute version of Rambler.

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 6, 2010 04:52

rebelrebel

For what? To hear the same songs played worse than last time?

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 6, 2010 05:04

Mick said that about Richmond to Greenwich at
show #1 at the O2.

I go with more shows...not the end.
Maybe one day I'll have the RI pass too.
Optimism, what a concept.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 6, 2010 05:37

If it was the last show of overblown stadium tours with declining playing, I hope so. I hold out hope that they will come back to live performance in some way that revitalizes them - and us.

As for Tabloid Ronnie: I am sorry to say it, but the band declined musically the moment he joined. The Stones made a decision to hire a pleasant bloke instead of the best guitarist they could get and they have paid the price. Whether he is involved this year or not makes no difference to me as I have never fully accepted his legitimacy in the band in the first place. His pathetic behavior and unwillingness to correct it merely cements my opinion. I realize a lot of folks here will be unhappy with my comments - so be it.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 05:52

They're buying time. They want to wait until there 50th Anniversary. Though they may have to tour before hand. I personally think they'll do a surprise appearance at their first gig on the 50th Anniversary. Possibly playing their first set.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 6, 2010 05:54

chenry9195
They're buying time. They want to wait until there 50th Anniversary. Though they may have to tour before hand. I personally think they'll do a surprise appearance at their first gig on the 50th Anniversary. Possibly playing their first set.

With only three original members would this surprise gig idea be meaningful? But it's an interesting idea. Hope you're right!

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: January 6, 2010 07:59

I would like to believe that we will see them again but with this latest news even I am beginning to wounder. However let's get one thing clear Ronnie's not the only reason they are not touring if you read his book that came out last year he said himself that they told him if he did not clean up his act he was going to be left off the Licks Tour fortunatly he straightened out then mabe in time he will again. But I truly don't think they will tour this year you have to remember the US economy is still weak and let's face it they want to do a big money making tour if they tour and a tour like that takes basically a year to plan so if its gonna happen the earlies it could would be midway through 2011 but I'm not holding my breath but I am still hoping I get to see them again someday.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 6, 2010 09:39

If the 02 show was the last we got, I am happy that I was there.
If not I will not make such a vast touring schedule as on the last tours.

It's now nearly two and half years after the last show. And age despite the fact that rock and roll may keep you in shape the Stones will only be touring if everything runs to perfection.
Furthermore I agree to the previous writers that finding a sponsor for such a vast tour with 4 people in they pension age (risk of health etc etc) will be more than difficult

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home