Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ever think of writing them a letter?
Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: January 7, 2010 01:44

I thought of it but never did. When I was young I wrote the players from the Green Bay Packers and they all sent me back signed black and white 8 X 10's. They were really nice to me. I was a big fan during the Lombardi years.

Have you ever written anybody? Don't be shy. smiling bouncing smiley

I'd love to write Bill Wyman and ask him if they really had a gun pulled on them in the dressing room by a cop in Omaha in '64. Great story but I wonder if it's really true. I doubt it. It sounds too much like Andrew Oldham.

Re: Ever think of writing them a letter?
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 7, 2010 01:51

I wrote to Pete Townshend and he sent me an autographed photo?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: January 7, 2010 02:10

Hello. My name is Bobby Brady. I am writing to you because I'm very ,very sick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-07 02:10 by J.J.Flash.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 7, 2010 02:18

Sent Charlie a birthday card many years ago, added a note saying that I'd met him in Amsterdam the year before and had forgotten to ask for an autograph, so after apologising for the intrusion, asked if there was any chance of a signed pic.

Got an autographed 8 x 10 back in the mail about ten days later.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: January 7, 2010 02:21

J.J.Flash
Hello. My name is Bobby Brady. I am writing to you because I'm very ,very sick.

Hi Bobby. Don't worry about writing then. Just get better. Take care.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 7, 2010 03:23

I keep getting nice e-mails from Nigeria from people I don't even know who want to give me lots of money.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: January 7, 2010 03:56

When I was 19 I wrote to Dan Blocker (Hoss Cartwright), asking if I could watch the filming of a Bonanza episode, since I had found his son's wallet in a record store in Hollywood. About a week later, he sent a letter to me, inviting me to call his secretary and arrange for the visit. For some reason that escapes my memory, I never went!

I've had a couple of letters to the editor published in USA Today, but that's about it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 7, 2010 04:00

71Tele
I keep getting nice e-mails from Nigeria from people I don't even know who want to give me lots of money.

You must use caution when dealing with emails from Nigeria.

Emails from other countries that want to give you lots of money are usually on the up & up though.

Hope that helps...

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: January 7, 2010 04:47

My uncle sent Bobby Orr a letter in the early 70's when my father broke his leg, unknown to my father. My dad was a huge Bobby Orr fan. About two weeks later the mailman brings my grandparents a package for my dad. Inside was a signed Jersey, a signed puck, 3 signed 8x10's, his rookie card, and a letter. My father has everything but the jersey and the puck. The jersey was stolen by a moving service and my uncle (different one) lost the puck when practicing with it, as he was to lazy to find a different one. When my dad learned of this he was furious. Anyway this was to him the best thing from his youth. Or so it seems.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 7, 2010 04:51

Gazza
Sent Charlie a birthday card many years ago, added a note saying that I'd met him in Amsterdam the year before and had forgotten to ask for an autograph, so after apologising for the intrusion, asked if there was any chance of a signed pic.

Got an autographed 8 x 10 back in the mail about ten days later.

good stuff!!!

Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: January 7, 2010 05:18

In 2006 a lady handed me a postcard with a stamp and asked to have Keith sign it for her. Keith did sign it and I mailed it two day later.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: January 7, 2010 05:26

I'd like to have the opportunity to write to Mick Taylor if I could ever get the chance. He would be my top priority I'd also like to write to Keith and Charlie, but I doubt I could ever get a proper address of either of them and have any hope that my letter to them would even get read-let alone to get a response.
BTW, I don't know if you any of you remember the long defunct magazine The Record (which existed in the early to mid-'80s as a sort of answer to Rolling Stone). Pete Townshend once asked for people who went to the '82 shows to get their opinions about the shows. I sent a letter to Pete to tell him about my impressions of the Seattle and Portland shows and I very graciously recieved a response from him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1971
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home