Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How is it possible o2 customers get priority over RS Platinum Members?
Posted by: guy ()
Date: March 27, 2007 14:42

Why and how does this happen, as it makes my recently purchased membership a nonsense?

Re: How is it possible o2 customers get priority over RS Platinum Members?
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 27, 2007 14:44

it sucks- but the clue is in the name of the concert venue. sad smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 27, 2007 14:52

Most venues in the US had their own presales.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 27, 2007 14:53

Same system as what applied to the venue and sponsor presales for the US shows.

Whoring to big business as per usual. The band dont really care WHO gets the tickets and what they do with them as long as SOMEONE buys them - as evidenced by the ludicrous situation last year where an rs.com membership entitled you to 4 tickets for Twickenham, but being an AMEX member allowed you to buy 12. Which, of course, led to loads of greedy (but not very bright) bastards buying their AMEX allocation en masse and immediately putting them on e-bay for more than the already overpriced £150 face value. They struggled to sell them as they were generally NOT in Block A and demand wasnt that high - no skin off the Stones or Cohl's noses though as they had managed to shift thousands of what would have been the hardest tickets to sell. A similar situation will no doubt apply to this Swiss show. Lots of tickets will go to people who dont need or want them, and they'll be all over e-bay.

I'd like to think that the 02 customers tickets will generally be in the "expensive but not great seats" category again, but you never know.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: March 27, 2007 14:58

Excactly. Usually not the best seats in the house.

One plus is that possible extra ticket sales through this action, might be good for possible extra shows. And that's why this action is not that bad.

P

Posted by: Han ()
Date: March 28, 2007 02:35

Trouble with a new venue is that no one's sure which ARE the best seats in the house...
I think I fancy blocks 101/112 or 102/111, but I've no idea how good the sound/sight would be.

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:39

101 / 102 / 111 / 112 look like they would be great seats - approx same location, and same size venue, as I saw Clapton on Friday night in Vancouver ( !!! ). It was great to watch the act instead of the video screen! But the question is... how do you refine your seat selection? When I ordered tix for the November '06 concert in Vancouver, they basically offered me floor seats (admittedly close to the "B" stage), but after that rat-f*ck, I'd rather be in the stands where I can see over heads. For the Toronto concert in '05 I forgot about ordering until late in the day and ended up in the rafters - still better than floor seats! Anyone know how you can select a section?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 28, 2007 03:45

I am very glad they are touring but this is the part i dont miss, drove me nuts in 05-06 in the states trying to figure out membership priority

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 28, 2007 05:14

Anyone know how to get a floor plan or seating chart for O2?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 28, 2007 05:17

You can get a seating chart for the O2 if you go to Ticketmaster.co.uk There are several configurations to choose from on the drop-down menu, there is one for the Stones.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 28, 2007 05:34

thanks, got it.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 28, 2007 09:12

For some venues, there is a special RS Fan Club allocation, which can be quite good, and doesn not overlap with the venue presale. It depends.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 28, 2007 09:31

They are the owners. Just like the show in Switzerland, or the Pepsi show in Hawaii, or the burthday party at the Joint Las Vegas. If you want your own show and the Stones are on tour then the going price is around 5 million us dollars, give or take a little. Then you may do any deal you like with regards to tickets. And the more you pay, the less they care. Not that they are brain dead and don't care about their fans, but money rules. Should not come as a big surprise. Mother Theresa isn't running this tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 28, 2007 10:11

Just as well...
She might be even more disapproving of the content than than certain US TV networks ! ;^)

Regardless of what happens, I fully expect to see the same old backsides in the best front seats as I've seen at every show I've attended over the last four or so tours. I don't know how they do it...and good luck to them. I just wish I knew the secret !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-28 10:24 by Spud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home