Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
BIGGER BANG ONE OF THE BEST
Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 9, 2009 02:50

I have been listenning to BIGGER BANG over and over for the last few weeks,i think its one of the BEST STONES CDS,FANS say ITS TOO LONG,but if the tracks were not on this cd they will PAY a FORTUNE for a bootleg too get their hands on these tracks & say how wonderful they are and should have been included on the cd,MY FAVE TRACKS ARE 1 ROUGH JUSTICE
2 IT WON'T TABE LONG
3 RAINFALL DOWN (GOOD BEAT AND FUNKY)
4 ST OF LOVE
5 BACK OF HAND (ONE OF THE BEST BLUES)
6 SHE SAW ME COMING
7 OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN
8 DANGEROUS BEAUTY
9 LAUGH I NEARRLY DIED (CLASSIC)
10 SWEETNECORN (NICE MESSAGE FOR BUSH AND HIS FRIEND BLAIR,INNOCENT LIVES LOST.
11 LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGDDIN (GOOD ROCKER)
12 DRIVING TOO FAST(TYPICAL STONES,PLAY IT LOUD.
13 INFAMY( GOOD BACKBEAT)
ENJOY THE STONES MUSIC AND CUT OUT THE CRAP,WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE THESE GUYS STILL MAKING GOOD MUSIC SOMETIMES WE TAKE THEM GRANTED,HOPE THEY STILL AROUND MAKING MUSIC FOR THE FANS WHO ENJOY THEIR MUSIC

Re: BIGGER BANG ONE OF THE BEST
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 9, 2009 02:54

Bigger Bang & Voodoo Lounge are my two best since Some Girls, but no Stones album, IMHO, can be too long.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: December 9, 2009 03:03

I'm on a stakeout tonight, I might use the time to give it another listen.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 9, 2009 03:08

After 8 years, they were justified in making it a long album.

When you do that, you increase the likelihood of a few turkeys, but in this day and age, most people should be able to cope with working a skip or fast forward button

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 9, 2009 03:10

i'm sorry, but the voting has already been tabulated and this album sucks. we thank you for your interest and watch your footing as you exit....

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 9, 2009 03:28

Defenetly agree. I got into the Stones in the early 1990s, and for me, VL and B2B was huge dissapointments. ABB saved the Stones. If this was 1981 instead of the late 2000s where mainstream music is popularized by crap, "Rough Justice" would have spent six weeks at #1. It's by far the best Stones album since Tattoo You. The Stones not playing "Dangerous Beauty," "Driving Too Fast" "Biggest Mistake" or "Let Me Down Slow" on the 2005-07 tour was unfortunate.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 9, 2009 03:32

Great Album!! one of the best!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 9, 2009 03:36

Gazza

When you do that, you increase the likelihood of a few turkeys, but in this day and age, most people should be able to cope with working a skip or fast forward button

or the dispose-all button....

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: December 9, 2009 05:11

stevecardi
If this was 1981 instead of the late 2000s where mainstream music is popularized by crap, "Rough Justice" would have spent six weeks at #1. It's by far the best Stones album since Tattoo You.

You are most certainly entitled to your opinion, but I do struggle to understand how ABB could be considered superior to Undercover. For what it's worth, IMO ABB isn't even the plastic shrink wrap that was on my Undercover 2009 remaster.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 9, 2009 05:20

Their worst album, mostly filler material, no classic or "semi" classic in it, two or three "semi" good songs (Rough Justice, Laugh I Nearly Died, This Place Is Empty and nothing else), no real band playing on it, Voodoo Loungle looks like Exile On Main Street in comparison.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 9, 2009 05:32

studiorambo
I'm on a stakeout tonight, I might use the time to give it another listen.

Don't bother
Besides headquarters needs you paying attention

Posted by: saturn57 ()
Date: December 9, 2009 05:38

Kish, you beat me to the punch. I was gonna start a thread like this earlier today, but got caught up in a project. I've been listening to this cd since Saturday. I loved it when it came out and still love it now. Not sure why not as much love for this CD on this board. Many here say its too long, but I bet if this was only 10 songs and the rest released as b-sides, many would say they should have included it on the cd. Many want the stones to play more blues, they do with a nice acoustic blues of Back of My Hand (which by the way was awesome on opening nite at Fenway ah but I digress...). Nobody seems to give this song much love but yet they will tell you how good Prodigal Son is.

Too many here are living in the past and can't get past Exile, or Some Girls or Tatoo. By doing this you are missing some great music.Listen objectively and you will find the band is still amazing.

It's so very lonely, you're 2,000 Light Years from home

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 9, 2009 05:45

Well said Saturn, well said!!! Back of my hand was great live in Tampa, and a great blues song. Loved almost every song on this one. Can never be too long, and I wish I could find a way to get the 2 bonus dvd songs ripped so I could add them to my Zune!!! Love Under the Radar!!! Still great rocking by our Stones.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 9, 2009 06:07

Bigger Bang is very good. Best since Steel Wheels, second best since Tattoo You.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: December 9, 2009 06:23

I've often thought of many songs on VL forward that had they been released in the 70's then they would have been top hits, played often on the radio and complained of as war horses at concerts..lol I think my favorite of the latest albums was VL...just loved it and thought of it as the next Some Girls in my opinion. I would rate ABB right behind that one. Of them all Bridges is my least favorite of the newer ones although there is alot to love on there still.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 9, 2009 06:34

kish_stoned

ENJOY THE STONES MUSIC AND CUT OUT THE CRAP,WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE THESE GUYS STILL MAKING GOOD MUSIC SOMETIMES WE TAKE THEM GRANTED,HOPE THEY STILL AROUND MAKING MUSIC FOR THE FANS WHO ENJOY THEIR MUSIC
just because i do not care for the album doesn't mean i am any less of a stones fan what hurts the album is it was recorded on a computer instead of traditional recording equipment.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2009 06:53

StonesTod
Gazza

or the dispose-all button....

now that made me seriously laugh out loud!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 9, 2009 07:52

good album imo. i admit i don't go to it often except for ROUGH JUSTICE AND YOU KNOW I'LL NEVER BREAK YOUR HEART ... WELL THE LAST TIME THAT I SAW U U WUZ SPRINGIN' LIKE A YOUNG GAZELLE...DA DA DA DUH DAHHH DA DA DA DUHHH DA DAAH DAH DAH DAH DAH ITTSSSS RUFFFF JUSTICEEEE AN U KNOW....

sorta like that one bigtime mates...oh yeah...watt more could u want...i mean that's a damn good one...hugely good...

back of my hand excellent...
some others fun....
no prob with that one...agree w many here that along with vl this best most kinda coherent studio effort since forever almost....

rough justice to me is like jjf and bbs and smu and other immediate powerful always reliable classic with true heat...charlie is so on it here....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 9, 2009 08:37

Rockin' slab of Stones .... Must be played LOUD....But definitely not for the aged or faint hearted .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 9, 2009 09:21

Should have had Under the Radar on it

sc uk

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 9, 2009 09:22

I would have loved if they would have played the whole album in concert and only some earlier songs.
For me it was a treat to have them in such a fresh nearly unpolished way. IT may lack some rawness, but to mee the best album for a very long time.
The stones always mark a feeling of the musical vibration given at a certain time.
Since the Frankfurt concerts in 82 over the Licks Tour Theatre shows Bigger Bang gave back the reward of a great time leaving footprints on more than forty years of Rock and Roll and Blues music.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 9, 2009 09:46

I too like ABB very much! Especially because of the songs lyrics and Jagger`s vocals - it seems to me it become only more expressive and versatile with years.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 9, 2009 09:53

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell.................

.......when youre listening to just ABB for weeks, its well possible that suddenly it appears to be one of the best.

But the rude awakening comes when you put one of their REAL classics in your player.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 9, 2009 10:07

knock out tracks 4,6,11,13 and stick on "Under the Radar" and "We dont Wanna go Home". It would have been a masterpiece IMO.

A real nasty rocking song from Keith would have been the icing on the cake.

Date: December 9, 2009 10:10

It's a good album. Better than B2B, but with weaker songwriting than Voodoo Lounge and Steel Wheels, imo. Some gems in there: This Place Is Empty, Let Me Down Slow, Rough Justice, Driving Too Fast, She Saw Me Coming, Back Of My Hand. But also turkeys like Streets Of Love, Rain Fall Down and Biggest Mistake.

Posted by: tell.me.mr.ed ()
Date: December 9, 2009 10:29

It's not my fav album since I last listened it for about 2 years ago.
My favourite album of the last 20 years is Voodoo Lounge.

Favourite per decade:
60: Beggars Banquet
70: Exile
80: Steel Wheels
90: Voodoo Lounge
00: ABB (there is only one album to choose from.......)

All time list:
1 Exile
2 Beggars Banquet
3 Some Girls
4 Sticky Fingers
5 Aftermath

Mr.Ed

Date: December 9, 2009 10:40

<80s: Steel Wheels>

Better than Tattoo You and Undercover? I like Steel Wheels myself, but I wouldn't go that far smiling smiley

Posted by: humanriff77 ()
Date: December 9, 2009 10:47

Just playing it, some great moments (Rough Justice, Back Of My Hand) some really embarrasing pish (Streets Of Love, Dangerous Beauty)

I like the production a lot still, drums sound good and guitar mix is nice.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: December 9, 2009 10:52

its not their best, it's just OK, nothing more then that..

Posted by: tell.me.mr.ed ()
Date: December 9, 2009 11:00

DandelionPowderman
<80s: Steel Wheels>

Better than Tattoo You and Undercover? I like Steel Wheels myself, but I wouldn't go that far smiling smiley

Ugghhh maybe your right, I was a bit messed up with the years of some albums.. ;-)
For the 80-ties I would also say it is Tattoo You.

Mr.Ed

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home