Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Glastonbury rumours... Stones, Muse, Bowie, or...
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 27, 2009 16:41

Muse and Rolling stones for 2nd and 3rd spot at Glastonbury?

From China Daily

Muse set for Glastonbury

Updated: 2009-11-27 15:17

Muse set for Glastonbury

Muse are reportedly set to join U2 as one of the headlining acts for next year's Glastonbury Festival next June.

Muse are reportedly headlining next year's Glastonbury Festival.

According to music website eFestivals, the Devonshire trio are set to confirm they will headline the world famous music event next June, joining former tour mates U2 in topping the bill at the 40th anniversary of the festival.

The website wrote: "We are confident that the information we've received is good and we fully expect to see Muse confirmed to play at some point over the coming months."

The Rolling Stones - who are said to be planning a 2010 World Tour - are heavily rumoured to be the third act headlining the festival.

Organiser Michael Eavis had reportedly been in talks with U2 for months about taking one of the three headlining slots.

A source said: "Eavis has been asking them for a while now and really stepped up the effort this year. This could be an iconic moment. The fact U2 have never played Glastonbury in their 32-year career only adds to the mystique."

The Glastonbury Festival takes place from June 23 to June 27 at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset. All tickets for the event are completely sold out, despite no line-up announcements being made.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-28 15:26 by bv.

Re: Muse and Rolling stones for 2nd and 3rd spot at Glastonbury?
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 27, 2009 17:02

Muse, U2, And Rolling Stones Headlining Glastonbury Festival

November 27, 2009

Next Year’s Glastonbury Festival will be the show everybody wants to attend if the rumors of the Headliners all come true. U2 is slated to be a headliner for the festival and it will be the first time the rockers have performed at the event if Organizer Michael Eavis can seal the deal. A source said recently, “Eavis has been asking them for a while now and really stepped up the effort this year. This could be an iconic moment. The fact U2 have never played Glastonbury in their 32-year career only adds to the mystique.” The Rolling Stones, who are supposedly planning a 2010 tour, are the next rumored headliner but nothing has been confirmed. The latest buzz is about the hit trio “Muse”,who, according to sources, will soon be announced as a headliner according to the web site eFestivals. The web site recently wrote, “We are confident that the information we’ve received is good and we fully expect to see Muse confirmed to play at some point over the coming months.” If these three bands become the headliners for the 2010 Glastonbury Festival, which is from June 23 to June 27 at Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset, it will be the biggest event of 2010.

[www.current-movie-reviews.com]

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: November 27, 2009 17:07

the sunday headline slot rumour mill, is growing...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 27, 2009 17:52

Could this be the 'upside down' thing that BV was referring to. A one off gig at Glasto before starting the tour properly in the US?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 27, 2009 18:02

Don't know who Muse is.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 27, 2009 18:03

I also read that David Bowie and Coldplay are potential headliners with the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 27, 2009 18:05

Silver Dagger
Could this be the 'upside down' thing that BV was referring to. A one off gig at Glasto before starting the tour properly in the US?

And no tour in Europe ?sad smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 27, 2009 18:07

Silver Dagger

It'd be a huge gamble to start a tour off with a high profile gig - their first in 3 years - in front of a 130,000 crowd (and a crowd that isnt even their own fans either) and millions of viewers on TV.

I also think they'd be very reluctant to not only want to be 'only' a co-headliner at an event with U2 but also to go head to head with a band who by that time will have had about 15 months of touring under their belts.

Glastonbury is the last weekend in June. The chances of the Stones having an album finished by that time would be slim and the chances of it being released by then would be very remote.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-27 18:11 by Gazza.

Date: November 27, 2009 18:09

SwayStones
Silver Dagger

Their most recent tour was in Europe. And they did one the year before that. That market has been flogged to death. They wont do a proper tour in Europe until they've done plenty of shows elsewhere first - most notably the US.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 27, 2009 18:12

Gazza
SwayStones
Silver Dagger

Their most recent tour was in Europe. And they did one the year before that. That market has been flogged to death. They wont do a proper tour in Europe until they've done plenty of shows elsewhere first - most notably the US.
So you think we'll have to wait two more years to see them again ?
It's been already a long time since June 2007....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: November 27, 2009 18:58

Perhaps it's a tribute to the one-off under-rehearsed Hyde park show, before a proper US tour...

Date: November 27, 2009 19:56

SwayStones
Gazza
SwayStones
Silver Dagger

So you think we'll have to wait two more years to see them again ?
It's been already a long time since June 2007....

Its been even longer for everyone else.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 27, 2009 20:00

Gazza
Silver Dagger

It'd be a huge gamble to start a tour off with a high profile gig - their first in 3 years - in front of a 130,000 crowd (and a crowd that isnt even their own fans either) and millions of viewers on TV.

I also think they'd be very reluctant to not only want to be 'only' a co-headliner at an event with U2 but also to go head to head with a band who by that time will have had about 15 months of touring under their belts.

Glastonbury is the last weekend in June. The chances of the Stones having an album finished by that time would be slim and the chances of it being released by then would be very remote.
Ho hard would be to do safe 15 song set full of warhorses. Which is what they they probabaly would do.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 27, 2009 20:55

skipstone
Don't know who Muse is.

Likewise....actually, I heard of them, but never heard them...that I know of. Could they even draw 500 people at a club?

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: November 27, 2009 21:12

They kind of filled Wembley Stadium twice in June 2007...
Shows visually great, musically a bit boring for me...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 27, 2009 21:23

Adams
They kind of filled Wembley Stadium twice in June 2007...
Shows visually great, musically a bit boring for me...

Muse are huge in the UK at the moment. Personally, I haven't paid much attention since their Plug In Baby days, but there surely must be something in their overwhelming popularity.

They'd be a bigger draw at Glasto than the Stones, imo.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: November 27, 2009 23:08

I do feel the same as Gazza. Don't trust this at all.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 27, 2009 23:14

Will the snot nosed, "I'm special 'cos I like alternative music" kids at Glastonbury respect the Stones?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 28, 2009 01:27

It's all a bit hick down in that part of the world anyway, why can't they just move Glasto to somewhere sensible like central London for example, deport U2 to St Helena or Elba, cancel all the other acts apart from the Rolling Stones, and save truly sensible people a shitload of trouble ... as well as the need to go out and buy ridiculous footwear like wellies !!

Date: November 28, 2009 01:40

BluzDude
skipstone
Don't know who Muse is.

Likewise....actually, I heard of them, but never heard them...that I know of. Could they even draw 500 people at a club?

They wouldnt be talked about as a possible headliner if they werent a huge draw.

They were the first band to play the new Wembley Stadium - and they filled it twice. Thats over 150,000 tickets.

I would doubt that the Stones would be able to do that at the minute.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 28, 2009 01:53

Gazza
BluzDude
skipstone
Don't know who Muse is.

They wouldnt be talked about as a possible headliner if they werent a huge draw.

They were the first band to play the new Wembley Stadium - and they filled it twice. Thats over 150,000 tickets.

I would doubt that the Stones would be able to do that at the minute.

Well, bands like Depeche Mode and Radiohead can fill up Stadiums over & over again and I certainly don't know who their fans are, (or how anyone can like their music for that matter), probably part of the generation gap between me and my son.

Date: November 28, 2009 02:08

well, Depeche Mode have been around for nearly 30 years, so they're not exactly in the same 'new big thing' category as Muse would be.

Muse dont do anything for me, personally, but they're obviously pretty huge at the minute if they're able to fill stadiums that size.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 28, 2009 02:13

Really sorry but I don't dig Glastonbury because it's mainly rich people from London going for a beano down to the west country so they can tell their fake friends which bands they've seen that year.

No offence meant to those who are rich and live in London and are Stones fans.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-28 13:15 by NickB.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 28, 2009 05:20

Never heard of Muse until a couple of years ago, i just couldn't believe that they filled Wembly on 2 or 3 nights, anyway I saw them on the Johnathan Ross show (BBC 2 tv) tonight and I thought they were great!.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 28, 2009 13:12

pgarof
Never heard of Muse until a couple of years ago, i just couldn't believe that they filled Wembly on 2 or 3 nights, anyway I saw them on the Johnathan Ross show (BBC 2 tv) tonight and I thought they were great!.

I'm thinking back a few years and how some people in the 'know'on this site confidently predicted or knew that The Stones were going to officially open the new Wembley. Never happened. Similar rumblings are occasionally made about The Stones opening the London Olympics.

'The Resistance' by Muse is one of my albums of the year.

Bowie set for last headliner slot at Glastonbury?
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 28, 2009 13:25

Apparently Bowie has been asked to come out of retirement and headline Glasto next year. That would kill off the Stones playing there if U2 and Muse are the headliners. Report in today's Daily Mail in the UK.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-28 13:25 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Bowie set for last headliner slot at Glastonbury?
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 28, 2009 13:43

I already wrote that before, I read that he ,with The Stones and Coldplay, is potential headliner for one of the nights

Re: Bowie set for last headliner slot at Glastonbury?
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 28, 2009 14:02

no, he officially denied already

Re: Glastonbury rumours... Stones, Muse, Bowie, or...
Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: November 28, 2009 17:45

"Will the snot nosed, "I'm special 'cos I like alternative music" kids at Glastonbury respect the Stones?"

Just as much as the red nosed "I'm special cuz I saw the Stones live in their prime" folks at Glastonbury will respect Muse.

Re: Glastonbury rumours... Stones, Muse, Bowie, or...
Posted by: tinnitus ()
Date: November 28, 2009 18:57

^ Well put. Condescending, snobby and naive were three of the many words that came to mind when I read that post! I didn't think it was worth replying though...

So I'm off to Glasto next year, should be a good one. I hope the Stones do turn up (obviously) because they are my favourite band.

I'm not keen on Muse and I can't stand U2 but the cool thing about Glastonbury is the huge line ups so there's so many other live bands to explore regardless, good times.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home