Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Strong possibilities for Stones to tour 2010.
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 28, 2009 02:18

skipstone
Page will fill in for Blondie since he actually got hurt.

You startin' shit again, Skip? drinking smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 28, 2009 02:19

Yeah. Been on the road for 3 weeks and am severely sleep deprived.

Why not? Ha ha.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:06

Edith Grove
skipstone
Page will fill in for Blondie since he actually got hurt.

You startin' shit again, Skip? drinking smiley

Might as well stick to his strength's....Or weakness's as the case may be.yawning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:26

Even some of the hardcore fans are not keen on a new tour. Like it have been said many times before, musically they are long gone. To be honest, I can`t stand it to see them on stage this time. They missed the point to say goodbye with dignity.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:35

they would never start in south america?!

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:46

Strike
Even some of the hardcore fans are not keen on a new tour. Like it have been said many times before, musically they are long gone. To be honest, I can`t stand it to see them on stage this time. They missed the point to say goodbye with dignity.

?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 28, 2009 13:52

pgarof
Strike

?

<<< Even some of the hardcore fans are not keen on a new tour >>>

Hmmm ... none I know personally, but perhaps there's a few out there.

<<< I can`t stand it to see them on stage this time. They missed the point to say goodbye with dignity >>>

I think that THEY need to think a little bit about about how they project themselves this time round, and that in itself covers the usual multitude of sins:

stadiums v arenas/smaller venues
setlists
stage size/complexity
full band or not; i.e. full horns and back up musicians/singers or not
their own individual appearances - mainly MJ & KR really
their act - in particular Mick's

All of these things I think are "in the equation", if they spend a bit of time considering them, then with luck, when they hopefully step out again, they'll have got the balance right and most folks will be mostly happy most of the time .... given that WE KNOW you ain't never gonna please ALL folks ALL the time.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 28, 2009 16:54

I think when you have been a Stones fan for many years you don't really notice any decline in playing so I for one and i think many people will be more than glad to go to see them again and again no matter how old they are. i just can't get enough of them old or young, playing well or ....not so well.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 28, 2009 16:59

I will not miss this tour.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 28, 2009 17:28

To be true, I'm not so thrilled about the possibility to see the band alive again (because I quess they are not much different than last time around, or the time before that, etc. and I partly second to the feeling that "they missed the point to say goodbye with dignity" ), but I'm looking forward experiencing the atmosphere of a Rolling Stones concert again, and having the possibility to meet fellow Stones soul sisters and brothers. I hope a big IORR meeting could be arranged along the tour or something like that.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-28 17:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: September 28, 2009 17:30

Will start in the USA. End of story. FACT.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 28, 2009 17:35

the pre-show tail-gate parties will be as good as ever - i'll probably just go home afterward

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: September 28, 2009 20:36

Holy cow!

Are people already moaning about the next tour - before it's even been announced?

Yowza man, that's really some going.

Just goes to show - you can't always get what you want.

For those of you that are actually stoked about a new tour. Keep on rockin, better than the alternative.

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: November 9, 2009 17:03

Ron Wood hinted that the ROLLING STONES are gearing up for their first road trek in three years, telling BBC 6 Music, "It's all very good. I saw Mick (Jagger) and Charlie (Watts) last week. Everything is great."

When asked about the rumored tour, Wood added that he was confident that the Stones will be out on the road in 2010, adding, "Let's hope so, yeah!"

Unconfirmed rumors claim that the Stones are in negotiations to close the UK's Glastonbury Festival in late June.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 9, 2009 17:50

We should all rely on sweetcharmedlife for official news on the Stones since scl is a genius.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 9, 2009 18:03

homerus

When asked about the rumored tour, Wood added that he was confident that the Stones will be out on the road in 2010, adding, "Let's hope so, yeah!"

I am a bit perplexed for a Stones tour in 2010 ,since U2 has annouced a new tour in the United States,from the 6th of June until July the 19th .
Do you think Mr Jagger the business man didn't think about it ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 9, 2009 18:10

skipstone
We should all rely on sweetcharmedlife for official news on the Stones since scl is a genius.
Their have been very strong rumours for monthes. Gazza and BV have both said their will be a tour next year. What do you want,Mick and Keith to come knock on your door and announce it personally?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 9, 2009 18:58

i´ll hope they do small gigs, like arenas and concert halls etc. the big one would be lousy if theý´re not better than onthe BB tour. but they are older so, ....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 9, 2009 19:13

What do you want,Mick and Keith to come knock on your door and announce it personally?

L.O. L.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 998
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home