Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Strong possibilities for Stones to tour 2010.
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: September 25, 2009 14:34

From4tilLate
Charlie said he'd do ABB on the condition that it would be the absolute last time they undertook such a tour. Forget it. They may do isolated shows but otherwise, folks, the fat lady has sung. It's over.

Tommy

Don't forget to let The Stones know that.

Posted by: homerus ()
Date: September 25, 2009 15:08

bv
If you look into history (well documented online on IORR.org for 13 years now) you will see that details and info about tours have been announced here on IORR long time before the actual press conference, where a tour is announced officially.

A tour plan is a complex matter. They have had plans for touring Asia on it's own many times. These plans have been rejected because of various reasons like visa permits, garantees from promoters and so on. When they book venues I do usually know, but these bookings are subject to change. Everything was ready to play in Sendai Japan even ticket price but then they could not get the logistics right so they put it off. UK changed the tax law in the middle of a tour so whatr was planned was then changed to the next year.

A Stones tour is a complex thing that involves many decitions and points of return. At this stage I am sure they will tour Asia, and many other places as mentioned here, like Venezuela, israel, Seoul etc. They have already been in Athens, Istanbul and Chile, but Chile again, Buenos Aires again for sure, and a whole tour in Asia. That is on the drawing board. Then they need all four properly insured (otherwise no tour) and so on. Many many items for Michael Cohl to sort out...

bv you seems to have a "little" more informations.
It is true that a Stones tour is a very very complex thing.
You believe that if there will be a tour ,it will be only in south america and asia;
I dont think so.
and there will be not an indoor tour or arena tour.I believe that it will be a classic stadium Stones tour with some shows in arenas.So there isn't any possibility fot the band not to make a full europe leg.
The most possible thing is the band to give only 2 shows per week and not many shows in the same country.Not 5 or 6 shows in Germany ,or 4 -5 shows in spain etc. like BB.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 25, 2009 15:24

homerus
[bv you seems to have a "little" more informations.
It is true that a Stones tour is a very very complex thing.
You believe that if there will be a tour ,it will be only in south america and asia;
I dont think so.

He's not saying or suggesting anything of the sort.

Date: September 25, 2009 15:27

Addicted
Israel - just as possible as Kabul, Moghadishu, Kinshasa, Darfur (Sudan)... Yeah - what a tour! I might not go.
But if they stick to what I've heard, i'm definitely going.

Lots of major artists have been playing Israel in recent months and years.

To compare it as a trouble spot to the places above is nonsensical and a bit insulting to anyone who lives there.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 25, 2009 15:59

sorry if i'm being rude
here on ioor we often have much ado about "OT" topics and BV politics on them
i am asking BV if we can have a sort of similar rule on "next tour rumours" posts that, imho, if not supported with ANY kind of info about sources, are most annoying and themselves sources of possible misleading information

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 25, 2009 16:03

mccparty
Perhaps the Stones should just set-up shop in Las Vegas and have everyone come to them (kind of like Celine Dion). Seems more appropriate given the state of their latest shows.

Why even make a comment like that. if you don't like them dont go.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 25, 2009 16:07

maumau
sorry if i'm being rude
i am asking BV if we can have a sort of similar rule on "next tour rumours" posts that, imho, if not supported with ANY kind of info about sources, are most annoying and themselves sources of possible misleading information

No offense. In essence, isn't gambling our way to pay bills?

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: September 25, 2009 16:54

Thye will start in the USA. FACT

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 25, 2009 17:26

Word on the street is that The Pope is ready to hit the road. Need to watch for clash of dates/venues.grinning smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 25, 2009 17:33

maumau
sorry if i'm being rude
If rumours weren't allowed,their would be even less Stones talk then their is now.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 25, 2009 18:10

More Hot Rocks
mccparty
Perhaps the Stones should just set-up shop in Las Vegas and have everyone come to them (kind of like Celine Dion). Seems more appropriate given the state of their latest shows.

Why even make a comment like that. if you don't like them dont go.

the stones love vegas- and vegas would love them. seems like a very good idea, actually, regardless of the the state of the band...

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: September 25, 2009 18:33

we need rumours, cant get enough of them.

im going to start another one.

theres going to be a rumour going about that the next rumour will be of a 2011 tour.

but thats just a rumour.

what about the rumour of the stones starting a new album.

is that just a rumour or is there anything more to it.

Date: September 25, 2009 18:41

The Stones will tour next year. Thinking otherwise is simply wrong. There is no spread.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 25, 2009 18:56

Havo
Why their next tour will be their last-one?? if they are all in good shape (health),i am sure---rolling on and on and on!
Good health is one thing. Being able to actually play is another. Keith Richards, God, or whatever deity you care to worship, bless him, but he can't play at all well anymore and Ronnie's playing hasn't been much better. If they tour I wish them well, but I won't be going.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:00

wee bobby lennox
we need rumours, cant get enough of them.

im going to start another one.

theres going to be a rumour going about that the next rumour will be of a 2011 tour.

but thats just a rumour.

what about the rumour of the stones starting a new album.

is that just a rumour or is there anything more to it.

Funny you should say that. I was in the pub last night and this guy comes up to me and says...

Date: September 25, 2009 19:03

ChrisM
Havo
Why their next tour will be their last-one?? if they are all in good shape (health),i am sure---rolling on and on and on!
Good health is one thing. Being able to actually play is another. Keith Richards, God, or whatever deity you care to worship, bless him, but he can't play at all well anymore and Ronnie's playing hasn't been much better. If they tour I wish them well, but I won't be going.

raises the question that's in the back of many of our heads - would the stones hit the road and charge their nomral exhorbitant rates to see them knowing they are putting out "damaged goods?" it's likely they've done that to some degree for the past coupla/three tours already. but, it's difficult to imagine that keith and mick don't realize fully well at this point that they can't cut it at the level suggested by the pricetag. personally, it would be gratifying for them to call it quits and acknowledge the reality of the situation, either tacitly or directly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-25 19:08 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:14

StonesTod
ChrisM
Havo

raises the question that's in the back of many of our heads - would the stones hit the road and charge their nomral exhorbitant rates to see them knowing they are putting out "damaged goods?" it's likely they've done that to some degree for the past coupla/three tours already. but, it's difficult to imagine that keith and mick don't realize fully well at this point that they can't cut it at the level suggested by the pricetag. personally, it would be gratifying for them to call it quits and acknowledge the reality of the situation, either tacitly or directly...
mick/cohl will never drop ticket prices .i am afraid the top ticket price in the us will be $600 .ouch yikes i need to rob somebody .another gripe of mine is how much lower the tickets are in europe .what was on abb europe ? like 100-150 euro top ticket price?

Date: September 25, 2009 19:22

The Greek
StonesTod
ChrisM
Havo

mick/cohl will never drop ticket prices .i am afraid the top ticket price in the us will be $600 .ouch yikes i need to rob somebody .another gripe of mine is how much lower the tickets are in europe .what was on abb europe ? like 100-150 euro top ticket price?

of course...but the stones have the final say as to whether to continue knowing what they know (or must know unless they are deaf or in a state of complete denial)...it's the "big elephant in the room that nobody's talking about."

Date: September 25, 2009 20:03

The Greek
StonesTod
ChrisM
Havo

er, no.

It varied from one region to the next. Top price in the UK was £150. Which was about $250 - $270 at the time.

Ticket prices are higher in the US for two reasons only

1) higher average income and
2) enough people are stupid enough to pay it.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:08

Gazza
The Greek
StonesTod
ChrisM
Havo

er, no.

It varied from one region to the next. Top price in the UK was £150. Which was about $250 - $270 at the time.

Ticket prices are higher in the US for two reasons only

1) higher average income and
2) enough people are stupid enough to pay it.

OWWWWWWCCCCCHHHHHHH!grinning smiley

Date: September 25, 2009 20:19

gazza - is it 1 and 2 or 1 or 2...i have no money, but i am a little slow on the uptake....

Date: September 25, 2009 20:22

Both, but if youre skint and not fussed on going anyway, you're pretty much well covered!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:24

I heard Jimmy Page is working on a new song for Stones fans who like to talk about another rumoured Stones tour - in the midst of ZERO signs pointing towards one other than Keith rambling off some usual tripe - with zero official knowledge - called Whole Lotta Nothin'. Should be a hit.

Date: September 25, 2009 20:28

skipstone
I heard Jimmy Page is working on a new song for Stones fans who like to talk about another rumoured Stones tour - in the midst of ZERO signs pointing towards one other than Keith rambling off some usual tripe - with zero official knowledge - called Whole Lotta Nothin'. Should be a hit.

good thing willie dixon isn't around anymore - i think he wrote that one, too....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:33

Oh well of course. But Jimmy would debut it somewhere while hanging from a helicopter while 'playing' the song while some stupid chick 'sings' the new song. Then Jimmy will remaster it 18 times...

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:40

nothing happens until someone puts up the money, it starts with that, and that's what i hear has been a stumbling block recently, bad economy affecting this.

i think it will find a way to happen. Longer they wait, more rust forms and thats more of an issue than ever before i believe, maybe more so with keith than anyone as he seems to be playing the least, with the exception of mick, but i get the feeling mick can more easily get back into playing shape - ronnie doesnt seem to contribute much lately anyway from a musical standpoint, so he is anotehr question mark, but will probably be ready when the opportunity presents itself - charlie is probably the strongest and the rest are plug ins...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:40

homerus
The most possible thing is the band to give only 2 shows per week and not many shows in the same country.Not 5 or 6 shows in Germany ,or 4 -5 shows in spain etc. like BB.

?????

I never said that. When they tour they do world tours. Every time. Same with 2010-2012. That is the only way to make it work financially. The Asia tour is just one part of the next tour plan, same as the South America tour is just one planned leg of the world tour.

Please don't quote me on something I did not say. Also, they will do MANY shows in Germany EVERY time they tour, simply because Germany is large, in fact their biggest market in Europe.

They will do as many shows as they can per week, which is 3-4 shows, with breaks due to insurance and Mick's voice in need to rest, travel issues etc. And they are looking into arena shows many places, simply because that makes logistics a lot more flexible. Build in few hours, move on few hours after the show. Tested out nicely since 1999. Loved by the fans. In South America and Asia they will do what they did on the last tour; a simple stage with many fans in the crowd, because in these markets the fans are not spoiled, they are average age 20-25 and they don't care about pyro and gimmicks, only the Stones. Copacabana, ... Like Everything except the Cobra. SA... Worked fine.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 25, 2009 20:42

Jimmy Page will join the Stones as the 3'rd guitarist because of the following reasons:

Mick Taylor has health problems and can't tour with Stones
Plant doesn't want to restart Led Zepp
JP Jones has made his own band

Date: September 25, 2009 21:06

Folks relax... Seriously. Citigroup will bounce back (I even called their office). Miami will defeat VT and the Stones tour will commence 03/10

KA son

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 25, 2009 21:41

Yes,but....When they'll start to record the new album?!?They'll go on tour with new stuff or only with the warehorse?!?Bjornulf,if you know something about it,tell us...Thanks!

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home