Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
UNCIRCULATED STUFF WE KNOW IT EXISTS
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 17:40

I would be interested to open a thread and list the stuff, i.e.: shows, sessios, videos, we have heard that exists although not circulated until today.
It happens that we meet collectors and find out they own very rare material but don't want to render it public.
This could be also of help to Nico Zantgraf to update his files and for us to have hopes that, maybe, in the future...
I remember somebody here wrote about Champaign 69, 2nd show, complete and read also about Glasgow 1966.
I recently was told about existing tapes of the Satanic sessions mainly focused on Steve Windwood and Jim Capaldi. Plus one acetate with an unknown track belonging to the Satanic sessions too.
And we know about a 1963 complete gig auctioned couple of years ago at Christie's.
Kindly give your contribution to this list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-18 10:05 by straycat58.

Re: Uncirculated stuff we know it exists
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 17, 2009 17:44

Hollywood Palladium '72 soundboard
St. Louis & Denver '72 don't know arvo/evening

Date: September 17, 2009 17:55

HEILOOBAAS
Hollywood Palladium '72 soundboard
St. Louis & Denver '72 don't know arvo/evening

You mean a complete Hollywood soundboard ?? the owner belongs to the Stones entourage or is a private collector?

BTW, Athens 67 is reported to exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-17 17:57 by straycat58.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:02

At the concert in Stuttgart, Neckarstadion, 19 June 1976 I saw someone near me who recorded the entire concert with a tape recorder and a stereo microphone. The recording which is supposed to be very good has never surfaced. I regret to this day that I did not ask him for a copy (if he would have said no I would at least have tried).

German TV station S 3 filmed parts of the concert, and a part of the opening number 'Honky tonk women' was broadcast in the regional TV news. The other movies, if they still exist, have obviously never been broadcast.

The most famous unreleased movie is the NME Pollwinner's concert 1968 - Brien Jones' last real concert with them - where the Stones played two or three songs including 'Satisfaction' . Only a few seconds from 'Jumpin' jack flash have been broadcast during a TV quiz show by German TV station ZDF in summer 1980.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:13

On recent internet trawls I've been able to acquire these shows:

From 69:
Miami
Detroit

From 70:
Berlin

From 1972:
Washington
Hollywood
Charlotte
Champaigne (1st show)
Indiana
Mobile
Chicago

From 73:
Birmingham Odeon
Berne

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:15

Interesting topic!! (for a change...a lot of nonsense lately imo)

straycat58
And we know about a 1963 complete gig auctioned couple of years ago at Christie's.
Any more details about this?

Date: September 17, 2009 18:25

rootsman
Interesting topic!! (for a change...a lot of nonsense lately imo)

straycat58
Any more details about this?

A rare live recording of the Rolling Stones performing at the Crawdaddy Club in Richmond on April 18 1963 goes on sale at Christie's on May 5th 2004. It was recorded by Paul Lukas who was bass player with the Tridents (Jeff Becks band at the time) on a clockwork tape recorder. Songs on the tape include "Route 66", "Pretty Thing", "Our Little Rendezvous", "Diddley Diddley Daddy" and "Money" among others. The tape last 90 minutes.

It was sold for about 20.000 £. Anyway, I doubt the date is exact: if yes, means the band were alrady playing Come On live before May.

This is the tracklist:

1. Route 66 [complete] 2. Come On3. Talkin' Bout You4. Love Potion No.95. Roll Over Beethoven6. Money7. Pretty Thing [complete] 8. Jaguar & Thunderbird9. Don't Lie To Me10.Our Little Rendezvous [complete, Chuck Berry's rewrite of Good Morning Little Schoolgirl - this Berry song is unknown in any other version by the Stones]11.You Got Me Running12.Brown Eyed Handsome Man13.Diddley Diddley Daddy [complete]14.Money [complete];

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:32

This recent post by Rockman in the Stones Connections thread records the existence of a Mick Jagger/Jimi Hendrix recording:

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:40

I have heard that the '69 tour rehearsals were recorded but have never heard anyone say they themselves have heard them or know someone who has. Anyone here know anything?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:42

Thanks, straycat58!

Jagger & Hendrix playing the Let It Bleed songs - VERY interesting!!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:48

complete `72 Dallas rehearsals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-17 18:53 by dcba.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: September 17, 2009 19:26

Heard mentioning (also by Matthijs I think on this board ) that there are supposed to be hours long of Black and Blue sessions. Not only the 2hr or so which all collectors have

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: September 17, 2009 20:03

The Mocambo gig must exist somewhere in the vaults. If they have taped some songs for LYL, they must have tape at least one full gig. ???

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: September 17, 2009 20:07

as mentioned earlier, the 1968 NME Show JJF

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2009 20:58

how about a recording of the get together at the( music) funeral for stu in 1986?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:02

The Greek
how about a recording of the get together at the( music) funeral for stu in 1986?

from what we've heard - that show was specifically, intentionally not recorded

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:05

I can make everybody sure about these tapes:
Genova 1967 - VG
Bologne 1967 - VG+ (more or less)
Mick Jagger in Moustique live with local reggae band (late 80's)(soundboard)
I could mention more, but I'm not that sure that these further tapes have never surfaced: it's too much I'm out of the tape market
I hope my two cents help
bye, Luca

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:07

T&A
The Greek

from what we've heard - that show was specifically, intentionally not recorded
i think your right , i might have heard the same thing.think about what could be on a board though ? if i remember slowhand sat in with them and some other big shots, and last of the pre 1989 vintage stones .if i remember the setlist that i seen while not impresive could still be a really good one ?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:15

Both San Antonio 1975 shows are being enjoyed in Louisiana - and both Gothenburg 1973 shows are stuck in Sweden......there's lots more though

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:15

Just a short addition to my previous post:
in a Rolling Stone article on the forthcoming 'Exile on Main St' album it's reported that a tape with five different definitive versions of 'Tumbling Dice' was played at a party in LA in late April/May

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 17, 2009 21:53

olorin
The Mocambo gig must exist somewhere in the vaults. If they have taped some songs for LYL, they must have tape at least one full gig. ???

They taped both, obviously. From what I believe, the first night was technically unusable. The circulating material comes from the second night, apparently.

As said on previous threads, pretty much every Stones show (the Stu tribute excepted) over the last 40 years or so was recorded by their crew.

Whether theyre in a vault somewhere or have mostly been binned, I don't know.

Date: September 17, 2009 21:56

I would add the outtake of Midnight rambler and some other LIB tracks included in the Acetate owned by Stone-Relics.

As per the Satanic session unknown track, the name is Dream Pipe and is included in an acetate of one of us (don't remember who.)

Date: September 17, 2009 22:06

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-06 16:47 by straycat58.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 17, 2009 22:24

Weren't all the '81 shows recorded? A few have yet to surface.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 17, 2009 22:36

what about all the recordings being posted on www.youtube.com by MRLETITBLEED

Quite a lot of material...

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: September 17, 2009 22:45

1963luca0
I can make everybody sure about these tapes:
Genova 1967 - VG
Bologne 1967 - VG+ (more or less)
Mick Jagger in Moustique live with local reggae band (late 80's)(soundboard)
I could mention more, but I'm not that sure that these further tapes have never surfaced: it's too much I'm out of the tape market
I hope my two cents help
bye, Luca

Crazy, I first heard of the Bologna 67-tape about 30 years ago but never came close to it. Genova is new to me. I'm sorry that you're out of the tape market..;-)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 17, 2009 23:10

Studio recordings as well hopefully. There has to be more than what the bootlegs have revealed in various ways.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 17, 2009 23:12

Green Lady
This recent post by Rockman in the Stones Connections thread records the existence of a Mick Jagger/Jimi Hendrix recording:

Actually I did post this newspaper article in Rockman's "Stones Connections" and Rockman said :"Nice bitta info .... Jimi in awe of Mick "Dolly" Dagger .....Fanks Sway..."

I'am in awe of this babe right here.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 17, 2009 23:40

brussels 73 pro shot is also rumored to be out there

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 18, 2009 00:31

From the 81 tour on there will be lots of tapes from most live gigs.Same for studio stuff more or less.

But concerning the earlier tapes from 60's /70's, even if things were recorded - it remains an open question, who has them, where they are and in what condition!

There was a much different attitude towards life in general and specially towards Rock music then.

I've been to London early/ mid 70's staying at musicians flats. Everbody had tapes lying around. Nobody really cared. Hardly anyone was seriously collecting things. Nobody really gave a thought to future.

Well, I know, it's not been the Stones. But in those days it was bedlam all around. Simply another attitude!

Brian and esp. Keith had tapes everywhere. There is that story when Steve Marriot asked Keith for specific tapes and Keith told him to look in his London garage where mountains of tapes were lying, some already damaged. Other stories come from Rolling Stones Records that nothing was in place.

What I want to say; - Many, many things may have been lost through those years.

I'd like to know whether there was a specific point in there life/ career when they really started to look after their stuff and collect it all or engage people to do it for them. And how all of this gets handled and controled now.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2391
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home