Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: UNCIRCULATED STUFF WE KNOW IT EXISTS
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: September 21, 2009 20:50

What about Longview Farm 81' rehearsals...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 22, 2009 00:58

dph
I have a newspaper that says they professionally recorded the Paris 1970 shows.

of course I have already published this
[www.ina.fr]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2009 02:01

Smokey
Gazza
Smokey
johang
The only way to find Brussels 73 footage or Knebworth 76 would be through them (Stewarts garage...). Can anyone shine a light on that?

Whoever filmed Rolling Stones Express is likely to have extensive footage, probably even with sound. Much of Knebworth '76 circulates. [bootcoverz.com]

What's circulated is all that was filmed.

The circulating pro shot from that show was filmed as raw news footage for a BBC news report. The footage was then 'borrowed' from the BBC archives by an enterprising employee who just happened to be a Stones collector (and who also happens to be an IORR member) who then made a copy from the master tape before returning it.

Thanks for the info.

Did the BBC film without sound? (All the concert footage is dubbed.)

It is? News to me. My first copy of this came from a low generation VHS tape direct from the guy who borrowed it - several years before it was appeared as a bootleg DVD (I dont think DVDs were even invented then). Certainly wasnt dubbed.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 22, 2009 02:20

Gazza
Smokey
Gazza
Smokey
johang
The only way to find Brussels 73 footage or Knebworth 76 would be through them (Stewarts garage...). Can anyone shine a light on that?

Whoever filmed Rolling Stones Express is likely to have extensive footage, probably even with sound. Much of Knebworth '76 circulates. [bootcoverz.com]

What's circulated is all that was filmed.

The circulating pro shot from that show was filmed as raw news footage for a BBC news report. The footage was then 'borrowed' from the BBC archives by an enterprising employee who just happened to be a Stones collector (and who also happens to be an IORR member) who then made a copy from the master tape before returning it.

Thanks for the info.

Did the BBC film without sound? (All the concert footage is dubbed.)

It is? News to me. My first copy of this came from a low generation VHS tape direct from the guy who borrowed it - several years before it was appeared as a bootleg DVD (I dont think DVDs were even invented then). Certainly wasnt dubbed.

Thanks for following up.

Maybe you have the holy grail. As indicated earlier, Pepin uploaded the Rolling Stones Express video: [www.iorr.org]

It has Star Star and Silver Train dubs during the live footage. My recollection is that Silver Train was an alternative version and Star Star the album version, but I did not double check this. If your version has original, live sound, it would be great to hear (and see)!

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: September 24, 2009 06:23

I know Vancouver 06 exists, think i saw someone recording it. Course that doesn't mean they will release it.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: September 24, 2009 12:26

One of the last shows from the Licks tour, in Zaragoza (Spain), ain't circulating as far as I know. Once I met a dude who claimed he actually taped it, but just kept the tape for himself. Shame, as it's a concert I attended and I always try to score any recording(s) from "my" shows.

...Not that it really matters, but in the aim of contributing to the thread...

Date: September 24, 2009 13:11

Valle Hovin, Oslo 1990, first show exists on film, with pro equipment.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: September 24, 2009 14:40

Brian Jones - Mord und Totschlag a.k.a A Degree of Murder soundtrack (the bootleg doesn't really count as I see it)

Director has claimed he still has a copy somewhere but isn't allowed to release it (for some friggin stupid reason - his movie=his soundtrack?).

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 24, 2009 19:03

dcba
HEILOOBAAS
Berlin 1980 colour footage has been out for years. It's silent.

you mean 1970 right? >grinning smiley<

1980 is correct. I had my flu shot & I've felt hungover for days.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 24, 2009 19:04

Wembley '73 was filmed by the BBC for broadcast.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 24, 2009 22:32

The 1978 tour rehearsals were filmed right? The 4-cd box has the audio only

Date: September 26, 2009 20:24

And while we're waiting to find out whether Gazza has film of Brussels '73 with original sound, it also might be nice to track down the rest of this:

[www.ina.fr]

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: September 27, 2009 12:39

Have the remaining 2002 "Paris Licks sessions" already been mentioned?

There must be a new album in there somewhere.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 27, 2009 19:06

wasnt the 73 LA FORUM BENEFIT GIG FILMED?

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:06

As I wrote some months ago, a method to grab this stuff is to make an offer to the owner and share the costs.

In this respect, I have the opportunity to find an hidden gem. Can't give major info here because of iorr rules.
If interested, please write an e-mail for details to stonestree@yahoo.it

Date: September 29, 2009 12:11

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-06 16:55 by straycat58.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:31

straycat58
Smokey
The French fans should wake up and also find the 1964 show at Olympia that was radio-broadcasted.

These Olympia recordings are circulating AFAIK
Here's a compilation of it, reworked and improved, but you can see the multiple sources elsewhere available :

There's also this one :

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:35

I´ve always wanted to hear English Summer.

It was once rumoured to be an unreleased single (1967), but has since been verified(?) to be early versions of Dandelion.
Would still love to hear them!

Date: September 29, 2009 12:42

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-06 16:55 by straycat58.

Date: September 29, 2009 12:47

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-06 16:56 by straycat58.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:56

straycat58
Doc, it's this one we should look for. Possible that nobody recorded this 1964 program?

We have to hope 'cause Europe 1 don't have it anymore on its shelves.

Date: September 29, 2009 13:08

mitch
straycat58
Doc, it's this one we should look for. Possible that nobody recorded this 1964 program?

We have to hope 'cause Europe 1 don't have it anymore on its shelves.

At the Olympia 64 in the bill there was Rocky Roberts, Mik Arvoy, Buddy Brent and others, Vince Taylor. Don't know who is still alive, but could be that tracing them could be a first step to know if something exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 13:09 by straycat58.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 29, 2009 13:41

straycat58
rootsman
I´ve always wanted to hear English Summer.

It was once rumoured to be an unreleased single (1967), but has since been verified(?) to be early versions of Dandelion.
Would still love to hear them!

If I remember correctly English Summer is a song written for Marianne Faithfull with the collaboration of jagger with Macca. Must check , I'm not sure.
The early versions of Dandelion are from 1966, not 1967. The first take should be "Sometimes happy, sometimes blue" which is available.

P.S: I confirm for English Summer: check Zentgraf, May 20, 1967.

Check Aeppli, November 9-26 1966, tracks 26-28.
[aeppli.ch]

It seems like he´s actually heard the tracks... (or know someone who has)
Brian Jones plays xylophone and flute(or recorder).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 15:57 by rootsman.

Date: October 3, 2009 23:43

Add one

Re: Essen Oct.10th, 1973 my recording
Posted by: The Menace of Mayfair ()
Date: October 3, 2009 18:53

Vancouver, I bought the "Stars" abum on Contraband label in the 70s (mailorder fro NC-$3 and 50 cents for postage/handling! man does that date me!)

So did I! That's how I got the audience of Pittsburgh '72 & ***Kansas City '72***! I was dissatisfied w/the LA '75 video soundtrack, so Wayne Rogers sent me those two shows! The KS show he sent me was actually Kansas City because it is entirely different from the "Nashville" show that's extant.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: August 5, 2014 16:48

Mr.D
Doc
A few stuff on video :

ALL Paris 1976 shows were filmed by late Freddie Hausser. He transfered them on digital support in 2003. He also is said to have filmed one Earl's Court show, but I don't have any additional info about that one.

The 1995 Paradiso gigs, as well as the Olympia and Shepherd's Bush concerts were all filmed in their entierty.
The Shepherd's Bush was publicly shown one in 1999. Never surfaced.

There was a cinema team at the Ahoy and Vredenburg in 2003.
They filmed 3 songs from each concert. Could be awesome footage, releasable in Hi-Def, since it wasnt video recordings.
In 2001 a friend of mine hooked me up with a guy who worked for the company that does the screens for the Stones shows, the first thing I got from him(for 500 bucks) was the Double Door proshot which I "premiered" at the 2001 Shidoobie Wildwood weekend...next up(for 1,000 bucks) was the Chicago dress rehearsal footage and the incomplete opening night BTB Soldier Field proshot along with the New Jersey "Roadie Tapes." On Thanksgiving weekend I met him in south Florida(where he was visiting family, he was from New Jersey) and he showed me a video cassette that had two songs from each of these shows: Brixton '95, Paradiso(both shows) Shepherd's Bush '99 and San Jose '99(it had a Showtime logo on it.) He wanted 2500 for each of those shows...since I could not afford that much myself and had dificulty in the past getting people to keep the Double Door and Soldier Field tapes "inside" (in other words don't let anybody know you have them because we are gonna get more!) I had to pass on them. I subsequently got a few things from him by other bands cheaper than the Stones stuff. I lost touch with him in 2003 and have not heard from him since. He told me that there are screenshots AND roadie tapes for every show during the entire Cohl era beginning in 1989...wouldn't That be something to see?

Does anyone know the guy Mr.D mentioned? Would be great to contact him.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 5, 2014 19:35

henrik87
Mr.D
Doc
A few stuff on video :

ALL Paris 1976 shows were filmed by late Freddie Hausser. He transfered them on digital support in 2003. He also is said to have filmed one Earl's Court show, but I don't have any additional info about that one.

The 1995 Paradiso gigs, as well as the Olympia and Shepherd's Bush concerts were all filmed in their entierty.
The Shepherd's Bush was publicly shown one in 1999. Never surfaced.

There was a cinema team at the Ahoy and Vredenburg in 2003.
They filmed 3 songs from each concert. Could be awesome footage, releasable in Hi-Def, since it wasnt video recordings.
In 2001 a friend of mine hooked me up with a guy who worked for the company that does the screens for the Stones shows, the first thing I got from him(for 500 bucks) was the Double Door proshot which I "premiered" at the 2001 Shidoobie Wildwood weekend...next up(for 1,000 bucks) was the Chicago dress rehearsal footage and the incomplete opening night BTB Soldier Field proshot along with the New Jersey "Roadie Tapes." On Thanksgiving weekend I met him in south Florida(where he was visiting family, he was from New Jersey) and he showed me a video cassette that had two songs from each of these shows: Brixton '95, Paradiso(both shows) Shepherd's Bush '99 and San Jose '99(it had a Showtime logo on it.) He wanted 2500 for each of those shows...since I could not afford that much myself and had dificulty in the past getting people to keep the Double Door and Soldier Field tapes "inside" (in other words don't let anybody know you have them because we are gonna get more!) I had to pass on them. I subsequently got a few things from him by other bands cheaper than the Stones stuff. I lost touch with him in 2003 and have not heard from him since. He told me that there are screenshots AND roadie tapes for every show during the entire Cohl era beginning in 1989...wouldn't That be something to see?

Does anyone know the guy Mr.D mentioned? Would be great to contact him.

Unfortunately that post likely exposed his source. The companies who are employed by the Stones to provide A/V support have some pretty brutal non-release agreements. It is still possible for things to leak, as they did courtesy of folks like Mr. D and their sources, once someone is outted the drips stop.

My hope is that Paradiso etc get official releases soon. The Stones will continue the machine regardless. Whether it is touring or a new album, or yet another greatest hits compilation... my hope is that they continue the Google Music series and start releasing stuff we really don't have any version of...

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 6, 2014 00:13

billwebster

Something about these sessions:

(...)Getting everybody together for a month in Paris, I didn't mind if we came out with no tracks at all. But as it turned out, we came out with 30 tracks! On our very first night in Paris we got three tracks down. Everybody went, Yeah. Out of the 30 songs we recorded, we mixed four or five. We're still dickering between them right now, figuring out what will go on the album. But my strategy worked, I think. Everyone's got their chops together and they're really looking forward to this tour. It's not just a regurgitation. It's still a working band.
- Keith Richards, July 2002

I thought it was important to get the boys playing new stuff. When we were recording in Paris in May, I thought we might get 4 or 5 tracks down. We got 30.
- Keith Richards, October 2002

We went there, in Paris, to do 6 songs, and we ended up doing 25. Like, we have another new album in the making, if you like, out of the Paris sessions. I would say it wouldn't take more than a few months to do the final vocals and mixing. There's not much needs doing to the basic tracks - you know, maybe an overdub here and there - but if we were forced, we could have it out in a couple of months.
- Ron Wood, October 2002

(We recorded) 28 bits: 28 songs is pushing it, wouldn't that be nice? But there's a lot of great ideas, we've got a lot of stuff for an album that could come afterwards. Maybe with technology we could finish it on the road, like we did with Stripped.
- Mick Jagger, August 2002

Topics about Licks sessions:

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

Very interesting comment from Teddy:
"Re: The vaults - and hopes for what may be released
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 2, 2014 02:25

"I've heard some of them. "Just Because" is a really good country-tinged rocker. "When I Call Your Name" is an old style R&B number. The stuff I've heard would probably require new final vocals a la Some Girls."

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 6, 2014 01:27

I'm only interested in NME "68................it can't be that this is not recorded or filmed..............the only reason that is not released ........is that it was too bad ;o(

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: August 6, 2014 03:30

KRiffhard
billwebster

(...)Getting everybody together for a month in Paris, I didn't mind if we came out with no tracks at all. But as it turned out, we came out with 30 tracks! On our very first night in Paris we got three tracks down. Everybody went, Yeah. Out of the 30 songs we recorded, we mixed four or five. We're still dickering between them right now, figuring out what will go on the album. But my strategy worked, I think. Everyone's got their chops together and they're really looking forward to this tour. It's not just a regurgitation. It's still a working band.

I thought it was important to get the boys playing new stuff. When we were recording in Paris in May, I thought we might get 4 or 5 tracks down. We got 30.

We went there, in Paris, to do 6 songs, and we ended up doing 25. Like, we have another new album in the making, if you like, out of the Paris sessions. I would say it wouldn't take more than a few months to do the final vocals and mixing. There's not much needs doing to the basic tracks - you know, maybe an overdub here and there - but if we were forced, we could have it out in a couple of months.
- Ron Wood, October 2002

(We recorded) 28 bits: 28 songs is pushing it, wouldn't that be nice? But there's a lot of great ideas, we've got a lot of stuff for an album that could come afterwards. Maybe with technology we could finish it on the road, like we did with Stripped.

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

"I've heard some of them. "Just Because" is a really good country-tinged rocker. "When I Call Your Name" is an old style R&B number. The stuff I've heard would probably require new final vocals a la Some Girls."

I wonder if any of those songs they worked on in Paris were started during the sessions with Danny Saber Teddy has mentioned took place earlier in 2002.

Would be interesting to hear any or all of the unreleased 2002 material.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 6, 2014 07:44

big4
KRiffhard
billwebster

- Ron Wood, October 2002

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

I wonder if any of those songs they worked on in Paris were started during the sessions with Danny Saber Teddy has mentioned took place earlier in 2002.

Would be interesting to hear any or all of the unreleased 2002 material.

If the PRIMO Stuff was Don't Stop and whatever other crap I always skip past on 40 Licks, why would we want the dreck of what was left?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home