Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lost in translation
Posted by: huricane ()
Date: August 8, 2014 22:54

I'm reading again M. Faithfull auto bio. I find phrase : ''ice cream flavored douches''. I don't knew what this mean. I try with Pamelas ''I'm with the band'', but find only rubbish, as I give down as example.
Does any know what Marianne exatctly thought?

Re: Lost in translation
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2014 23:53

....this is gonna be a hard one ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 9, 2014 00:26

Rockman
....this is gonna be a hard one ...

Now you know how is with me > not well educated, not experinced and naive

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 9, 2014 00:29

I hope it's not what I'm thinking it is.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 9, 2014 00:34

Well ... think of it as a mass-market variation of the Starfvkcer's trick with fruit.
A douche is a liquid used for what the commercial world refers to as "feminine hygiene".
Some of these liquids are flavoured. Like vanilla or peach or whatever. Sesame.
You can imagine the rest. Whee

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 9, 2014 00:35

I cream, you cream--we all cream for ice cream... flavored douches.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 9, 2014 00:52

Now you know how is with me > not well educated, not experinced and naive

....well huricane when ya find out ya might get a hard one ....haaaheh

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 9, 2014 00:57

Date: August 10, 2014 11:05

Huricane, did my explanation (above) help at all? It wasn't one of the joke responses, although I suppose it might seem like one.
I've run into this language problem before: in a lot of European languages "douche" just means "shower"
and speakers of those languages often have a very hard time believing that it means something else in English.
But it does.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 10, 2014 16:08

With sssoul you are very kind to try to help out huricane. The rest of you are acting like a bunch of douchebags. grinning smiley

It's easy enough to look it up on the internet. Here you go huricane, everything you want to know and more:

[www.medicinenet.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-10 17:01 by latebloomer.

Re: Words of One Syllable
Date: August 10, 2014 16:42

latebloomer
Swiss

... oh well :E

Re: Words of One Syllable
Date: August 10, 2014 16:57

with sssoul
latebloomer
Swiss

... oh well :E

Yikes! So sorry, with sssoul. smiling smiley

Date: August 10, 2014 21:34

with sssoul
Huricane, did my explanation (above) help at all? It wasn't one of the joke responses, although I suppose it might seem like one.
I've run into this language problem before: in a lot of European languages "douche" just means "shower"
and speakers of those languages often have a very hard time believing that it means something else in English.
But it does
latebloomer
With sssoul you are very kind to try to help out huricane. The rest of you are acting like a bunch of douchebags. grinning smiley

It's easy enough to look it up on the internet. Here you go huricane, everything you want to know and more:

[www.medicinenet.com]

My Dear Friends sssoul & latebloomer,
Of course I first looked in the dictionary and saw that the word douche translated as shower.
I have to say that I rereading M: Faithfull autobio and in this book is more eksplicite things than in this board since inception.
Why not, sex and everything about sex is an important part of understanding The Rolling Stones.
In other side, I think it's better to discuss it than: whether I like ELP, NHL, NFL, Paul Mc., World Cup Soccer, Scorpions etc. Or I haven't right?
Of course I did not expect that some woman would respond. Women 60s as Anita or Marianne are old-fashioned, and it seems that the rest woman fans overcome this things.
Then I'm tried at:

But I have not find the answer.

After all it's all not that important, but it's interesting ....
P.S: And latebloomer I don't need to be a doctor.

Date: August 10, 2014 22:08

huricane
with sssoul
But it does
latebloomer

[www.medicinenet.com]

My Dear Friends sssoul & latebloomer,
Of course I first looked in the dictionary and saw that the word douche translated as shower.
I have to say that I rereading M: Faithfull autobio and in this book is more eksplicite things than in this board since inception.
Why not, sex and everything about sex is an important part of understanding The Rolling Stones.
In other side, I think it's better to discuss it than: whether I like ELP, NHL, NFL, Paul Mc., World Cup Soccer, Scorpions etc. Or I haven't right?
Of course I did not expect that some woman would respond. Women 60s as Anita or Marianne are old-fashioned, and it seems that the rest woman fans overcome this things.
Then I'm tried at:

But I have not find the answer.

After all it's all not that important, but it's interesting ....
P.S: And latebloomer I don't need to be a doctor.

Huricane, thank you for your quite charming explanation for your interest in what is obviously an important subject to you. Of course you don't need to be a doctor, I just thought the link might be a good supplement to your education. But, I think you are figuring it all out just fine.

Date: August 10, 2014 22:53

latebloomer
...what is obviously an important subject to you.
If it's important only for me I'm obviously in wrong board.

with sssoul
I hope it's clear enough now!
YES, SIR!...and thanks in the name of us whom English is not basic (domestic) language.

Date: August 10, 2014 22:58

LoFL: Good! But I'm a she-sssoul!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 11, 2014 00:48

I think what often confuses matters is that English dictionaries/web sites don't make clear the distinction between douche/douchebag as a random insult (as with sssoul says, not used literally), and douche the product (no insulting overtones).

As an aside, it's interesting that those with the clearest explanations here have been women!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 11, 2014 01:40

i'm also not a native speaker, so this was a distinction that South Park made
clear for me at last. with the 2004 election "Giant Douche" vs "Turd Sandwich"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-11 01:45 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 11, 2014 01:41

Aquamarine
As an aside, it's interesting that those with the clearest explanations here have been women!
tells you something about who just get the giggles when these topics come up. it might be us!

Date: August 11, 2014 01:58

Aquamarine
Oh, it's only prove that everything is not lost!

I have to change subject. Here is another quote from Marianne, and from other book. It's also interesting (not only this showers or similar things).

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 11, 2014 02:10

Nikkei
Aquamarine
tells you something about who just get the giggles when these topics come up. it might be us!

Could just be. grinning smiley

Date: August 11, 2014 09:54

There is no I Ching hexagram called "death by water".

Thank you huricane for posting these excerpts - it saves me getting books I would end up shouting at and slapping around

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 11, 2014 10:10

with sssoul
Huricane, once more: In English douche doesn't mean shower.
It means a liquid made for women to use for "feminine hygiene".
The Mick wanted Marianne to use one with a silly flavour because he enjoys oral sex
and wanted her to taste like vanilla or something. I hope it's clear enough now!

Calling someone a douchebag is related to the equipment for this form of "feminine hygiene"
but it's just the same as calling someone an arsehole. It's not literal. Well, not usually. :E

I don't know if I had dreamed but: Didn't Marianne launch a douche line where the Mars-taste was some kind of a parade product?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home